DJI FLY 1.4.8 A LOTS OF CRASHES
123Next >
7587 81 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pablo Córdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

Hello, I also have the same problem, I just bought a mini 2 and suddenly the flight data freezes and the application does not respond, the video continues to work ok, my mobile is an S20.
2021-8-14
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Pablo Córdobes Posted at 8-14 13:32
Hello, I also have the same problem, I just bought a mini 2 and suddenly the flight data freezes and the application does not respond, the video continues to work ok, my mobile is an S20.

You can buy a new phone/tablet, or return it to store.
They are unable to make their app work with all android phones.
Every other app can make it happen, but not dji
2021-8-14
Use props
Pablo Córdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

I just downgraded to the previous version, I am going to test it and later tell you, I no longer had confidence to fly with 1.4.8, it is unfortunate that they have released this version.
2021-8-14
Use props
Pablo Córdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

hunterws Posted at 8-14 13:51
You can buy a new phone/tablet, or return it to store.
They are unable to make their app work with all android phones.
Every other app can make it happen, but not dji

I am also frustrated, I hope they solve the problem urgently.
2021-8-14
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Pablo Córdobes Posted at 8-14 13:55
I just downgraded to the previous version, I am going to test it and later tell you, I no longer had confidence to fly with 1.4.8, it is unfortunate that they have released this version.

I'm even leery of reverting to 1.4.4 ... as, the controller and batteries have been updated  with 1.4.8 and there may be a conflict.
2021-8-14
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

supposedly a beta of 1.4.8 build 1185 cures many issues

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4h3hmb6kmc/1627872707034-DJI-v1.4.8-210801-1185-48348-official-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-8-14
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

JCDM Posted at 7-29 05:12
Sorry I expressed myself badly. What I meant is that firmware 1.4.8 has its own compatible battery firmware. That's why updating the battery firmware also updates to version 1.4.8

You need to watch your terminology.  "Firmware" is not the "DJI Fly App"!  No matter what the version.  The "DJI Fly App" runs on a smart device (Android / iOS) or the DJI smart controller (which for all practical purposes we will call an Android device)  The FLY App does not get loaded in a battery or the Drone, only the smart device.  Plus a smart device, (as log as it is not the smart controller) under certain circumstances & ill advised is not even needed to fly the drone.

Version numbers like 1.4.4 and 1.4.8 are versions of the Fly App, not versions of Firmware.   

"v01.01.0610"  Is what a version of "Firmware" for the drone looks like.   Using the correct terminology will make make it easier to get correct answers more quickly.  Hope this helps?
2021-8-20
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

hunterws Posted at 8-2 11:20
I refuse to buy an iphone to solve drone issues.

Most problems are Android related.  Apple users can choose to not charge their phone, why not android.  Why should there be such a distinctsion when, most apps run on any phone, as the developers have spent time making sure it works on all platforms.  I know, processor speed, etc etc, ha, ha.  That's an excuse, as the app used to run fine, and could again.  My mini2 is going up for sale, I can do bigger things with that money at this point, tired of it collecting dust.

I don't think their plan is to get people to switch to iOS devices!  Doesn't seem to make sense to have that as a business plan if their own DJI Smart Controller's OS is a modified Android.  That would mean they purposely chose an OS for their own product they don't care about supporting?  

I think it more likely comes down to the vast number of variations on android devices that exist in the market, and not being able to quality test against every conceivable configuration out there.  Unlike Apple iOS with the limited number licensed devices that run on iOS, that quality testing of a smaller subset of devices is much easier.  I'm am by no means defending what I believe to be a lack of some level of QC, especially on the current list of supported devices.  (Since even using a "Supported" device I have seen a few anomalies with the software)  However, many of the complaints I have seen show up on the forum are from people using devices that are not on the supported list.  

I was rather disappointed when they started writing apps that required 64bit processing, but I can understand the growth of technology, and not wanting to expend resources to support a legacy 32bit system any longer.  
2021-8-20
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Doesn't seem to make sense to you, but then again, .... you don't think.
If I made this product, I would have any device compatible ... it is possible and leads to wondering their motivation to not accommodate all devices.
If they have the smarts to make this product, they as well have the smarts to make it compatible to any device ... if they choose.
Do you think the DJI white boxes and cables are coincidence?!?
2021-8-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-20 14:13
If I made this product, I would have any device compatible ... it is possible and leads to wondering their motivation to not accommodate all devices.
If they have the smarts to make this product, they as well have the smarts to make it compatible to any device ... if they choose.

That's a bit rude and conspiratorial.

A lot of my Smart Home products come in white boxes; a white box means nothing other than a clean presentation.

As for the software working for all android devices, whilst i agree to a certain extent, as in, only all devices that have the resources available to actually run the app smoothly. But yes, it should be for all devices that are able to handle it and i am quite sure that there are emulators out there for this very purpose, although perhaps the emulators are for versions of Android, not models of device, not sure to be honest.
2021-8-20
Use props
Switch639
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 8-14 19:20
supposedly a beta of 1.4.8 build 1185 cures many issues

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4h3hmb6kmc/1627872707034-DJI-v1.4.8-210801-1185-48348-official-sec.apk?dl=0

I am going to test this new version today lets see
2021-8-20
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

New beta Crash too...

2021-8-20
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

MBSL500 Posted at 7-25 08:58
The "we are sorry for your inconvenience" patronizing by customer service is ridiculous.
A closed check-out isle at Walmart is an "inconvenience".
A $400 + dollar drone falling out of the sky is a costly and needless expense.

I agree.  The standard "Cut and Paste" BS from DJI is infuriating .  I think no reply would be better than the typical unhelpful garbage that the admins post.
Those that defend said posts and give you a hard time, are just sheep, and it's sickening.  The only worse support than DJI Is Samsung Canada Chat.
2021-8-21
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

You really have a bee in your bonnet don't you. Stop your whining like a 13 year old schoolgirl and just buy a proper phone and you will have no further concerns. Just because your toy android phone from Costco is able to run your favourite Tinder and Tik Tok apps, does NOT mean it can run a sophisticated and resource intensive app such as DJI Fly.

There are countless reasons why DJI are the worlds leading manufacturer of high quality drones. Maybe you just NEED to find a hobby with something you are good at. Flying drones is CLEARLY above your very limited skillset. Maybe YOU should try flying a kite to ease your way into it lol
2021-8-21
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

If I read this like this, these problems with the DJI Fly app only exist on Android these samples or what?

It is also on the packaging of the mini "Optimized for iOS"!

So there shouldn't be any problems with iPhone and iPad with the 1.4.8 or can someone report about how it looks
on iOS 14.x with this Fly app version 1.4.8.
2021-8-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Not going to happen. NOBODY makes everything backward compatible! Not Apple, Microsoft - NOBODY!! Why expect DJI to?
2021-8-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-21 07:01
Not going to happen. NOBODY makes everything backward compatible! Not Apple, Microsoft - NOBODY!! Why expect DJI to?

Usb is backwards compatible
Mobile phones are, 5g down to 2g
2021-8-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-21 08:20
Usb is backwards compatible
Mobile phones are, 5g down to 2g

Not really, try to run a USB 5 device on a laptop with USB 1. It may or may not work. If it does, it will probably be with diminished functionality. Try a pre 2G phone, it may or may not work. The newer technology will generally accept the older, but the older not necessarily accept the new. There are lots of great 16 and 32 bit programs that will not work in a 64 bit architecture. 64 bit will not always work with 32 bit processors. The REAL deal is, there are too many devices for DJI to even think about it. I do agree that they should try to make the Fly app compatible with all the newest gear. Case - the S21 Ultra Snapdragon or Exynos. There should be zero problems with either.
2021-8-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-21 08:36
Not really, try to run a USB 5 device on a laptop with USB 1. It may or may not work. If it does, it will probably be with diminished functionality. Try a pre 2G phone, it may or may not work. The newer technology will generally accept the older, but the older not necessarily accept the new. There are lots of great 16 and 32 bit programs that will not work in a 64 bit architecture. 64 bit will not always work with 32 bit processors. The REAL deal is, there are too many devices for DJI to even think about it. I do agree that they should try to make the Fly app compatible with all the newest gear. Case - the S21 Ultra Snapdragon or Exynos. There should be zero problems with either.

You did say backwards compatibility, not forward ;)
2021-8-21
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 8-21 04:47
You really have a bee in your bonnet don't you. Stop your whining like a 13 year old schoolgirl and just buy a proper phone and you will have no further concerns. Just because your toy android phone from Costco is able to run your favourite Tinder and Tik Tok apps, does NOT mean it can run a sophisticated and resource intensive app such as DJI Fly.

There are countless reasons why DJI are the worlds leading manufacturer of high quality drones. Maybe you just NEED to find a hobby with something you are good at. Flying drones is CLEARLY above your very limited skillset. Maybe YOU should try flying a kite to ease your way into it lol

Not a bee in my bonnet you fruit, more like an ahole that can't admit the product has problems.  
How are you so invested mini2fly'r .... nice name, like you don't even know english.
2021-8-22
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70125 ft
United States

Bodkins Best Photography Posted at 8-21 22:24
While I do agree DJI's canned responses are infuriating let me tell you a bit of a story.  I bought my Mini 2 when my phone was a Samsung a20.  Through numerous fly app iterations and even a new firmware for the drone I saw frequent app crashes.  Eventually I bit the bullet and bought a S20 FE.   Since then I've been through 3 versions of the dji fly app and haven't had a single app crash.  

The specs of your phone WILL have an effect on the stability of the app.  The S10 is becoming an OLD phone.  Released in early 2019 you can't honestly expect it to hold up to the demands of new software.  Older tech suffers compatibility issues as time goes on. That's not to say the DJI Fly app is pristine.  Like any program there will be bugs.

hi there... it is true that the s10 is becoming in an old phone but then DJI should mention the risk you are taking when you are installing the new update because they said clearly that it in compatible with the Galaxy S10 besides i have read many replys of persons that had experimented same crashes with S20 and S21 so What about they?
Since I'm using the 1.4.4 version everything is going Ok but the option of locking the Exposure before record a video.
2021-8-22
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Skylee Posted at 8-22 05:22
hi there... it is true that the s10 is becoming in an old phone but then DJI should mention the risk you are taking when you are installing the new update because they said clearly that it in compatible with the Galaxy S10 besides i have read many replys of persons that had experimented same crashes with S20 and S21 so What about they?
Since I'm using the 1.4.4 version everything is going Ok but the option of locking the Exposure before record a video.

No issues on my S20.
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_SO9h2CVuBxh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61329 ft
United States

Well i will add i fly my drone  on an old samsung tab S2. I really dont have any issues. But then i close down all back round apps. The tablet is really just to fly the drone.  I dont have it filled with apps or data.  I am now runing 1.4.8 beta on it btw its smother in the live feed I find.
2021-8-22
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

I have download this version and test it at very low altitude, just in case it give me some issues, but it was perfect.. I tryed the quick shots and try to use the screen interface all the time for actions like change between photo, video mode etc  just to see if the app crash like the 1120 version and as I wrote before it works perfect.
But I have a doubt, where you got this version?? because the one is available in the official website is de 1120 version
Thank you anyways
2021-8-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skylee Posted at 8-22 11:21
I have download this version and test it at very low altitude, just in case it give me some issues, but it was perfect.. I tryed the quick shots and try to use the screen interface all the time for actions like change between photo, video mode etc  just to see if the app crash like the 1120 version and as I wrote before it works perfect.
But I have a doubt, where you got this version?? because the one is available in the official website is de 1120 version
Thank you anyways

Its prob been updated to this version now
2021-8-22
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

It is still 1.4.8 version 1120 on DJI download. I loaded 1185 but haven't tried it out yet!
2021-8-23
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

What is the oldest dji fly app people are using? I have just downloaded version 1.2.1 and my Mini 2 flew with no problems. This was on an older androd phone ( Huawei P20) lite and all seemed ok. I wonder if I should go backwards to this version on my regular phone (Oneplus 7t) that I use more often.
2021-8-23
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

I tested the 1158 beta version, it seemed to work today, I ran it 14 minutes at lunch time. Samsung galaxy s10 e USA version, it would consistently lock up display, so had rolled back to 1.4.4. So far DJI hasn't fully  addressed the problem. I started a thread on Air 2s forum about the lock ups over a month ago (7-18), sent a log file but no response. I had to continually search and find there is a hidden Beta version!
2021-8-23
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

videoeditman Posted at 8-23 13:09
I tested the 1158 beta version, it seemed to work today, I ran it 14 minutes at lunch time. Samsung galaxy s10 e USA version, it would consistently lock up display, so had rolled back to 1.4.4. So far DJI hasn't fully  addressed the problem. I started a thread on Air 2s forum about the lock ups over a month ago (7-18), sent a log file but no response. I had to continually search and find there is a hidden Beta version!
Wow it is a total mistery because I flew with that version 21 min  an it was perfect... anyways I returned to 1.4.4 because I don't like to use  beta versions
2021-8-23
Use props
Pablo Córdobes
lvl.1
Argentina

Skylee Posted at 8-23 16:00
Wow it is a total mistery because I flew with that version 21 min  an it was perfect... anyways I returned to 1.4.4 because I don't like to use  beta versions

I removed version 1.4.8, now I am using version 1.4.4 without problems.
2021-8-24
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

My reinstalled 1.4.4 black screened and demanded to be updated. I declined, and in a few moments was working again. I think I'll try the link above. I have a Galaxy S10+. Yea, it's an antique from 2019.
2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

StockTrader Posted at 8-10 13:12
Hello,

the same happened to me today mostly on every flight I did.

Hi there, I replied to your PM, please check it. Thanks.
2021-9-8
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

hunterws Posted at 8-10 13:48
There is no team, there are no engineers, all they do is kick the can down the road.
If you are having issues, your phone is not compatible more than likely, even though an identical phone by specs will run it.
I guess we're suppose to switch to apple to fly our toy.  HA

There is a level of truth to your statement but in favor of DJI. It might very well not work on one phone but work fine on a similar one due to difference in installed low quality apps, potential malware, etc.

The potential risk of this would be significantly higher on Android phones due to the less restricted app landscape. maybe that is also why most complaints about app performance seem to come from Android users.
2021-9-8
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

StockTrader Posted at 8-10 13:12
Hello,

the same happened to me today mostly on every flight I did.

try 1.4.8 (version 1185) it has links in a few areas (Beta) fixes these issues!
2021-9-8
Use props
Tvixen
lvl.1
Denmark

videoeditman Posted at 9-8 10:15
try 1.4.8 (version 1185) it has links in a few areas (Beta) fixes these issues!

Links please ...thanks in advance
2021-9-10
Use props
ManiekWwa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280026 ft
Poland

Tvixen Posted at 9-10 03:54

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=2#pid2537004
2021-9-10
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Tvixen Posted at 9-10 03:54

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u5go4 ... ficial-sec.apk?dl=0
2021-9-10
Use props
Tvixen
lvl.1
Denmark

Perfect thanks
2021-9-11
Use props
Gif2D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

Well, with DJI Fly 1.4.8 (1185) seems to work fine on Xiaomi Note 10 Pro with Android 11 at first flight…
2021-9-11
Use props
djiuser_sLxvSto2HI8M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1524783 ft

Portugal

storm143 Posted at 7-25 21:21
I know the DJI forum customer support are just trying to help, but as a software developer, the fact that the DJI Fly App (which currently flies DJIs top selling drones right now) is so unstable and buggy and isn't even on the Google Play Store for unknown reasons is such a huge red flag for the product. Also that there is no proper testing, and some really nasty bugs make it into a production release of these apps. It's just bad software development and something needs to be done.

I had the same experience as the original poster, samsung galaxy s10, fly version 1.4.8, nearly crashed the drone too during landing as the app froze up completely.

Eu sou um deles que depois de um travamento com o drone perto de mim, e que o aplicativo deixou de funcionar de repente e o drone subiu virou voltou a subir mas consegui trazer até mim manualmente mas o aplicativo nem desligava, tive de forçar o desligamento; uns dias depois fiz um pequeno percurso aqui na rua e de repente perdeu o contacto e não conseguia nada até que quando dei por ela ele estava a descer no local da partida já o vi a uns 2 metros do chão e pensava que pousava normal mas espatifou-se no chão sem funcionamento dos sensores; partiu e amaçou a placa por baixo, depois ligava mas sem conectar ao rc e não desligava mais, só tirando a bataria, e tudo isto por causa desta versão 1.4.8 então mudei para a 1.4.4 e ontem gastei 6 batarias sem problemas. TODOS esperamos já há tempo demais por uma nova versão. Até quando?   
2021-9-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules