123Next >
7598 81 2021-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70125 ft
United States

I flew my mini 2 this afternoon and the first problem was trying to use the quick shots ( the app was'nt shown the whole menus). The second was i lost all the response of the buttons in the app. Third the drone wasn't return to the home point and i had to landed manually because of the low battery (thanks god i wasn't far) by the way the radar wasn't working poperly neither because as I said the whole interface was frozzen.
I use a Samsung galaxy S10.

Can somebody tell me where i can find the Dji fly 1.4.4. I've read it is the most stable until now.
Thanks in advance
2021-7-24
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

With a little will and effort, you'll find the link on this forum. This is a common topic and an even more common problem.
2021-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Skylee, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team to check. Could you please follow the steps below to export the file for our further analysis?
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap 'Transfer files' in the 'USB connection mode' that appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in 'My Computer' and go to internal storage.
3. Find the logs file via path \DJI\dji.go.v5\LOG.
4. Copy and paste the entire 'LOG' file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. Then send the file to us through the Google Drive download link.
2021-7-25
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/
2021-7-25
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

UKMoose Posted at 7-25 03:55
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/dji-fly-1-4-4-release/dji-fly-1-4-4-android-apk-download/

This link correspond to DJI GO not DJI FLY.
Thank you anyways
2021-7-25
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Skylee Posted at 7-25 07:54
Thank you anyways

At APK Mirror they are named GO, but it is the Fly Version.
I was also confused the first time.
2021-7-25
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

MySky Posted at 7-25 08:02
At APK Mirror they are named GO, but it is the Fly Version.
I was also confused the first time.

Thank you I have downloaded it but it gave me a error when I tried to install it. i'm going to unistall the actual version and then make a fresh Installation.
2021-7-25
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

Skylee Posted at 7-25 08:06
Thank you I have downloaded it but it gave me a error when I tried to install it. i'm going to unistall the actual version and then make a fresh Installation.

It was installed successfully.. I going to fly and see how it works
2021-7-25
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 02:36
Hi Skylee, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team to check. Could you please follow the steps below to export the file for our further analysis?
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap 'Transfer files' in the 'USB connection mode' that appeared on the mobile phone.

The "we are sorry for your inconvenience" patronizing by customer service is ridiculous.
A closed check-out isle at Walmart is an "inconvenience".
A $400 + dollar drone falling out of the sky is a costly and needless expense.
Stop the game playing. Your customers are NOT stupid.
Stop requiring that they jump through all these unnecessary hoops every time one of your drones falls out of the sky and they ask for help.
ADMIT that there is a problem and FIX IT!

Unbelievable........

2021-7-25
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Skylee Posted at 7-25 07:54
Thank you anyways

Just checked the link, definitely dji fly 1.4.4 apk
2021-7-25
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

You'd think they'd have this under control since they were put on notice years ago.
https://bit.ly/3i2jRha  
2021-7-25
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its pretty appalling. They could at least push an update to a previous stable version knowing well there are major issues with this update.   
2021-7-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MBSL500 Posted at 7-25 08:58
The "we are sorry for your inconvenience" patronizing by customer service is ridiculous.

Jump to conclusions much?
2021-7-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to be clear, the DJI Fly app is also technically called the "DJI Go5 app"
2021-7-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 7-25 11:52
You'd think they'd have this under control since they were put on notice years ago.
https://bit.ly/3i2jRha

You're referring to that drone that was 6 months out of warranty?
What was the outcome of that, last I read DJI had filed a motion to dismiss it, I cannot find any more on the matter
2021-7-25
Use props
storm143
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3143064 ft
Canada

I know the DJI forum customer support are just trying to help, but as a software developer, the fact that the DJI Fly App (which currently flies DJIs top selling drones right now) is so unstable and buggy and isn't even on the Google Play Store for unknown reasons is such a huge red flag for the product. Also that there is no proper testing, and some really nasty bugs make it into a production release of these apps. It's just bad software development and something needs to be done.

I had the same experience as the original poster, samsung galaxy s10, fly version 1.4.8, nearly crashed the drone too during landing as the app froze up completely.

Downgrading the apk to version 1.4.4 fixed it for me. But not all users can/know how to do the same, and many are probably not even flying due to the app being unusable.

DJI needs to do better.
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBSL500 Posted at 7-25 08:58

We've forwarded this issue to the corresponding team and they are working on it. In order to solve this issue as soon as possible, we ask for the needed information above for analysis. Hope you can understand.
2021-7-26
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

just for the record I'm still flying my Mavic Pro (original) on dji go 4 Android V 4.3.25 because I have never had a problem,  when the latest is Android V 4.3.42, why change if everything works as it should, unless there is some super update you can't live without.
2021-7-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-25 19:27
You're referring to that drone that was 6 months out of warranty?
What was the outcome of that, last I read DJI had filed a motion to dismiss it, I cannot find any more on the matter

...just an example.  Be patient.  
2021-7-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-26 00:05
We've forwarded this issue to the corresponding team and they are working on it. In order to solve this issue as soon as possible, we ask for the needed information above for analysis. Hope you can understand.

So, they patronize some more, unreal.
2021-7-26
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-26 00:05
We've forwarded this issue to the corresponding team and they are working on it. In order to solve this issue as soon as possible, we ask for the needed information above for analysis. Hope you can understand.

Have you considered pulling down the current firmware version from the DJI website and replacing it with a prior version that doesn't need "solving"?
That would probably be a good idea...don't you think?.
If not maybe include a statement on the DJI download page that reads:  "Caution: Installing this version might cause your drone to crash".

2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MBSL500 Posted at 7-26 07:11
Have you considered pulling down the current firmware version from the DJI website and replacing it with a prior version that doesn't need "solving"?
That would probably be a good idea...don't you think?.
If not maybe include a statement on the DJI download page that reads:  "Caution: Installing this version might cause your drone to crash".
We sincerely apologize again for the inconvenience caused. We understand how you feel frustrated, which is not what we want you to have. We will work hard to improve our products and service in the further. We will also forward your opinion to the corresponding team.
2021-7-28
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102156 ft
Bolivia

If you go back to 1.4.4 or 1.4.2 dont update the battery firmware.. it will install the lastest 1.4.8

2021-7-28
Use props
Skylee
lvl.2
United States

JCDM Posted at 7-28 07:37
If you go back to 1.4.4 or 1.4.2 dont update the battery firmware.. it will install the lastest 1.4.8

Interesting.... I had already installed the version 1.4.4 but I haven't flown it yet.
I remember that I installed the firmwares to the batteries when the 1.4.8 was installed, so basically it should not ask me again to install it again.
But my question now is: Will the batteries, with the firmware updated, enter in some kind of confict with the Old 1.4.4 version?
Thanks in advance
2021-7-28
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Bolivia

Skylee Posted at 7-28 08:02
Interesting.... I had already installed the version 1.4.4 but I haven't flown it yet.
I remember that I installed the firmwares to the batteries when the 1.4.8 was installed, so basically it should not ask me again to install it again.
But my question now is: Will the batteries, with the firmware updated, enter in some kind of confict with the Old 1.4.4 version?

Both firmwares must be the same
2021-7-28
Use props
ManiekWwa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280026 ft
Poland

JCDM Posted at 7-28 09:31
Both firmwares must be the same

I don't think so.
Drone firmware, RC firmware, battery firmware and DJI Fly app version are rather separate things.
Not every DJI Fly app update causes update of rest equipments firmware.
2021-7-28
Use props
JCDM
lvl.3
Bolivia

ManiekWwa Posted at 7-28 23:01
I don't think so.
Drone firmware, RC firmware, battery firmware and DJI Fly app version are rather separate things.
Not every DJI Fly app update causes update of rest equipments firmware.

Sorry I expressed myself badly. What I meant is that firmware 1.4.8 has its own compatible battery firmware. That's why updating the battery firmware also updates to version 1.4.8
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

This is how false information is spread.
2021-7-29
Use props
fansc77a87eb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88888 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday as I started my Mini 2 and started to climb, the altitude showed that I was descending! I was in an area with a altitude limit of 150 feet. I wondered if the decreasing number indicated how many feet I was away from reaching the limit or if this was just some bug in the app. Have any of you heard of this? I've never seen it happen before.
2021-7-30
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

1.4.8 for a while and no problems encountered... On Iphone 11 and samsung S6 lite tablet. With a Mavic Air 2.
2021-8-1
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

K-Castello Posted at 8-1 02:54
1.4.8 for a while and no problems encountered... On Iphone 11 and samsung S6 lite tablet. With a Mavic Air 2.

I refuse to buy an iphone to solve drone issues.

Most problems are Android related.  Apple users can choose to not charge their phone, why not android.  Why should there be such a distinctsion when, most apps run on any phone, as the developers have spent time making sure it works on all platforms.  I know, processor speed, etc etc, ha, ha.  That's an excuse, as the app used to run fine, and could again.  My mini2 is going up for sale, I can do bigger things with that money at this point, tired of it collecting dust.

2021-8-2
Use props
K-Castello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2790305 ft
Belgium

hunterws Posted at 8-2 11:20
I refuse to buy an iphone to solve drone issues.
(the problems are for android users and seems intentional)

although i also use a samsung s6 lite, and it also does not provide any problems is also android 11
2021-8-3
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

K-Castello Posted at 8-3 08:10
although i also use a samsung s6 lite, and it also does not provide any problems is also android 11

Great, glad it's  worked so far for you.  I have lost all confidence in them as an android user.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_PQMFRnxEAS6o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 608461 ft
United States

Flying min 2 with Samsung S10 what is the best resolution for the crashing and black screen getting silly
2021-8-4
Use props
rEaX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185210 ft
Sweden

1.4.8 crashes a lot. I won't go back to 1.4.4 because it won't let me record in 4k. Using Galaxy S21 Ultra.
2021-8-5
Use props
StockTrader
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46165 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 02:36
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap 'Transfer files' in the 'USB connection mode' that appeared on the mobile phone.

Hello,

the same happened to me today mostly on every flight I did.
In one instance the video feed was still working fine but all the app commands were blocked.
The only solution was to close the app and reopen it. It is a bit annoying and even dangerous in some regards. I send my log in private through google drive.
My phone is a Samsung S20 ultra.

Kind regards,
Marco - StockTrader
2021-8-10
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

There is no team, there are no engineers, all they do is kick the can down the road.
If you are having issues, your phone is not compatible more than likely, even though an identical phone by specs will run it.
I guess we're suppose to switch to apple to fly our toy.  HA
2021-8-10
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

storm143 Posted at 7-25 21:21
I know the DJI forum customer support are just trying to help, but as a software developer, the fact that the DJI Fly App (which currently flies DJIs top selling drones right now) is so unstable and buggy and isn't even on the Google Play Store for unknown reasons is such a huge red flag for the product. Also that there is no proper testing, and some really nasty bugs make it into a production release of these apps. It's just bad software development and something needs to be done.

I had the same experience as the original poster, samsung galaxy s10, fly version 1.4.8, nearly crashed the drone too during landing as the app froze up completely.

Huh - I have yet to have any major issue with the app.  As a developer myself I can only imaging the headache of supporting the app on a myriad of crappy smartphones crammed with bloatware.
2021-8-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

We are trying to get everyone that's had problems to take this survey.
App , Controller, & Device type
2021-8-13
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I backed up to 1.4.4 too. I found the installer in the downloads folder of my Galaxy S10+. Had to uninstall 1.4.8 to get it to install.

I'm an antique developer myself, and I understand accidentally releasing a bug, though perhaps not releasing a correction quickly.
2021-8-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules