Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Over scan on external monitor
1356 4 2015-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

I picked up a mini hdmi to hdmi cable. Plugged my RC into my Black Pearl monitor.

I am getting overscan top and bottom which is cutting the osd data in half.

Since I can't seem to find any settings on the Black Pearl to correct this, I don't know if this is going to be an issue when I get the Headplay goggles.

I wonder if the overscan is an issue that is created by the output from the RC or the Black Pearl display.

Anybody have any ideas?               

2015-7-24
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-7-25 05:27
From what I've seen so far - It's the Black Pearl.

I've been told that restarting the Black Pearl w ...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response. I hope you are correct. I should have mentioned that I don't see this behavior when feeding fpv data via the DJI OSD mini that I have on the Naza M V2.

I have restarted the Black Pearl several times without any change to the scan. Maybe that is because when it is restarted it goes to the diversity screen and you have toggle a couple times before it gets to the hdmi screen.

I might just plug into my tv this evening and see if it over scans on that.

Thanks again.
2015-7-24
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Hey Paul thanks for digging all that up - great examples.

Hopefully I have found the hook up combination that will work each time.

Turn on the monitor, turn on the transmitter, turn on the ipad, turn on the quad.

With that sequence, I am getting proper display.

Kind of disheartening though that the one video shows inconsistent data. Maybe it will all be for nought.

Thank you once again for your efforts.

Dave

2015-7-24
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-7-25 18:28
This works consistently?
Monitor, transmitter, iPad, quad?

So far it is working. Maybe it is just a BP issue. I plugged it into my TV and did not have the issue.

All this is testing for the Headplay goggles that I have on order.

Once again thanks.
2015-7-25
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Paul all the testing I did previously was in the house. Today I took the BP out to the flying field and am back to overscan. Nothing I do will correct it now. Unfortunately when you have hdmi input you can't scale the screen.

Just thought I would let you know that you not alone.
2015-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules