968 4 2021-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Themadwelshman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201444 ft
United Kingdom

Good morning from Sunny Wales UK.

Something that's been bothering me and I want to check before I go for a flight. Maybe someone with knowledge or previous experience can help me.

I own a P3A and I live within walking distance of Parys Mountain on Anglesey. Many years ago it was used for its Copper and still has its reddish colour to it now and its water but I would love to go and fly my drone up there and get some amazing footage but I'm concerned about the copper that could /does remain in the rock.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parys_Mountain

Is this going to have an effect on the sensors.
Such as Compass, GPS etc? Or do I need to fly at a very high height? Which won't give me the type of footage I would like. I'd rather not do it all than chance damage to my drone.

Any advice would be much appreciated. You can Google the mountain if you need more information I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Anthony. Good day and thank you for reaching out. All metal objects and structures can give out magnetic interference and might affect your flying experience and please take time to check your compass arrow if it is pointing on the right heading as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-7-25
Use props
Themadwelshman
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-25 19:53
Hello there Anthony. Good day and thank you for reaching out. All metal objects and structures can give out magnetic interference and might affect your flying experience and please take time to check your compass arrow if it is pointing on the right heading as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thank you very much for your reply. I've got an old compass here somewhere. I'll dig that out and compare to drone. Cheers
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Themadwelshman Posted at 7-27 00:12
Thank you very much for your reply. I've got an old compass here somewhere. I'll dig that out and compare to drone. Cheers

Hi there Anthony. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-7-28
Use props
Themadwelshman
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks mate. And sorry took so long to reply. Been mad busy.

Keep safe.

Anthony
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules