No Positioning (Atti) and No GPS
5010 6 2021-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krauser
lvl.2
Canada

Hi. Pelase help. Only flew once since purchase. I always find this thing a little complex to handle. Please help.

When I open the DJi app. on top in yellow it shows No Positioning (Atti). and It hovers over the ground and sometimes goes left or right but someime it does not.

ALso when I click on quickshot it says quicl shot cannot be turned on since there is no GPS. Also sometime when I click lunch it says weak GPS.

What to do? attaching some pictures if it helps.

216710939_373996704319507_199829926795757705_n.jpg
223761995_957988338384798_6278226432247987390_n.jpg
2021-7-25
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

No GPS reception in the room!
Satellites are only available outdoors.
Quickshot modes are a kind of autopilot modes, so this drone needs accurate positioning, so GPS satellite reception.
Indoors, it switches to ATTI mode which means automatic altitude control. In this mode, the drone maintains altitude and the lower camera (visual positioning) maintains horizontal position. This requires enough light for the camera to see the ground and it must have a pattern, because it cannot see the displacement on a flat surface of a single colour.

In the second picture, you are not seeing satellites but wifi signals. This has nothing to do with positioning. This is the connection between your phone and the drone.

If you don't understand how the drone works, it was a bad idea to buy it.
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to set up the unit outside your house with an open space without any interference and have a test flight to see if you still experience the same problem. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-25
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

Atti mode is less precise than GPS, so the drone will move sideways and back/forth a bit, though not a lot vs GPS.
Quickshot requires lots of space.... ONLY use it outside, and only if you have plenty of space: At least a good 50 feet in all directions, plus NO power lines.
GPS can be found indoors, but your results may vary depending on the location of the drone within said building. At the top floor will be the best, but don't rely on GPS indoors. For indoor flying, use the prop guards just in case. Since there is very little wind inside compared to outside, the drone will stay up for about the same amount of time.
As Jakab said. the WiFi Page simply lists the wifi frequencies and their interference. Unless you have a specific channel that you would like to use, you shouldn't need to touch it.
If you can, use the beginner mode and/or go to the mode switch button (the lowest of the 3 on your screen on the left side, the one that looks like a remote, and select tripod mode. It keeps the drone moving VERY slowly, and is great for indoor use with a lot of obstacles.
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_wMkiEPka0u5v
lvl.1

Indonesia

i have some problem, i set my dji to P (positioning) but when the drone fly suddenly the drone have no positioning for long time, and this is always happen when the drone fly

can anyone explain? and what is the solution

thanks
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_wMkiEPka0u5v
lvl.1

Indonesia

i have some problem, i set my dji to P (positioning) but when the drone fly suddenly the drone have no positioning for long time, and this is always happen when the drone fly

can anyone explain? and what is the solution

thanks
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_wMkiEPka0u5v
lvl.1

Indonesia

2023-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules