Drone colided with active P Mode
623 5 2021-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ghost 7K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1877992 ft
Germany

I sadly lost my mavic 2 zoom today due not fast enough anti-collision system.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Just wanted to share with you guys to get you aware that systems can even ignore big high buildings. @DJI this is a little bit bad since it was not able to catch a normal flight line after the crash and it went into the river
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ghost 7K. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for reaching out.
2021-7-25
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

Do you have a photo of the building that you collided into? Your sensors detected the obstacle and looks like it did do an air brake. Just not fast enough to quit colliding.
2021-7-25
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

It looks like that you've flied low under a bridge and then you raised up your drone while flying ahead, which unfortunately, isn't covered in your drone's vision system when flying in special angles.

The reason that it failed is that Mavic 2 Zoom didn't come with a upward facing vision system so it doesn't have the ability to cover an obstacle coming from the upper-front side until it's very close.

2021-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The drone's sensors are not magic and won't prevent every collision.

There are many situations that the sensors may have difficulty with and flying at full speed, close to obstacles is not safe.
Here's a listing (from the manual) of things that can fool the obstacle avoidance sensors.

Note that the Vision System may NOT function properly when the aircraft is flying too fast.

Fly with caution when flying at over 10 m/s (32.8 ft/s) at 2 m (6.6 ft) or over 5 m/s (16.4 ft) at 1 m (3.3 ft).
Operate the aircraft cautiously when in any of the following situations:
  a. Monochrome surfaces (e.g., pure black, pure white, pure green).
  b. Highly reflective surfaces.
  c. Flying over water or transparent surfaces.
  d. Flying over moving surfaces or objects.
  e. Flying in an area where the lighting changes frequently or drastically.
  f. Extremely dark (< 10 lux) or bright (> 40,000 lux) surfaces.
  g. Flying over surfaces that strongly reflect or absorb infrared waves (e.g., mirrors).
  h. Flying over surfaces without clear patterns or texture.
  i. Flying over surfaces with repeating identical patterns or textures (e.g., tiles with the same design).
  j. Obstacles with small surface areas (e.g., tree branches.

Your speed at the time of collision was 12.4 m/s

What was the surface you collided with?
Does it fit any of the conditions mentioned above?

2021-7-25
Use props
Ghost 7K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1877992 ft
Germany

Labroides Posted at 7-25 19:19
The drone's sensors are not magic and won't prevent every collision.

There are many situations that the sensors may have difficulty with and flying at full speed, close to obstacles is not safe.

Here you can have a look. Click on 3D and the click on Cameras > Show cameras, then every cameraposition with every picture will be shown. Just click on the camera symbol.
You are also able to measure the height and distance with the tools.
Does not work on mobilephones.
https://bitmap.bitblade.io/public/task/d91a56fb-0f9f-4614-a756-d37f443ea88e/map/
2021-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules