One of 3 Batteries, No Lights when Test Button Pressed
1648 20 2021-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Getting ready for a boat trip on the 29th, so put my 3 batteries on the charger. One of them does not light up at all. The other two test at 100% life (hold the button for 4 seconds). The 3rd one does not light at all. Was stored in the case with other battery.One anomaly I noticed was when I plugged the battery into the charger, it seemed not to fit right and there was a slight crunch sensation. The terminals look okay, but one terminal looks like it has a sliver of brass next to it. Hard to see clearly.

I measured between terminals on the battery and only .09 volts reading. Thinking the BMS chip failed. Cells can't possibly be all equally that dead.
Are the BMS chips typical failure of these batteries?

I'm letting it sit on the charger to see if it eventually wakes up.
Any suggestions for reviving it?
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please keep us posted after you leave the said battery on the charger to see if it shows light on the indicator. You may also provide us a video sample showing the issue for better assistance. Thank you!
2021-7-25
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-25 19:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please keep us posted after you leave the said battery on the charger to see if it shows light on the indicator. You may also provide us a video sample showing the issue for better assistance. Thank you!

It's been on the charger for nearly 24 hours now and still no sign of life.
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 7-26 08:48
It's been on the charger for nearly 24 hours now and still no sign of life.

We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation. You may send the said battery to us for proper diagnostics if you still have the original warranty on it. If not, I'm afraid that you can purchase a new one as the price of the said repair/replacement will be more likely the same as you purchase a brand-new battery. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-26
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-26 21:54
We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation. You may send the said battery to us for proper diagnostics if you still have the original warranty on it. If not, I'm afraid that you can purchase a new one as the price of the said repair/replacement will be more likely the same as you purchase a brand-new battery. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I bought all three batteries in May of 2018.
How is the stock situation on new batteries?
Is there a discount given one of them malfunctioned?
2021-7-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 7-27 12:33
How is the stock situation on new batteries?
Is there a discount given one of them malfunctioned?

It helps to use your forum credits, I save £30 on my battery, I think it was on offer too as I got it for about £120 I think it was
2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 7-27 12:33
How is the stock situation on new batteries?
Is there a discount given one of them malfunctioned?

Thank you for your response. It seems that the said battery is no longer under warranty. For price and offers, you may visit our official store website at https://store.dji.com/. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-7-30
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-30 00:21
Thank you for your response. It seems that the said battery is no longer under warranty. For price and offers, you may visit our official store website at https://store.dji.com/. Thank you for your continued support!

Unfortunately, the battery for the Phantom 4 Pro is out of stock.
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 7-30 16:27
Unfortunately, the battery for the Phantom 4 Pro is out of stock.

Thank you for your response. You may click the link below for you to possibly purchase the said battery. Thank you for your support!

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2021-8-1
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-1 23:27
Thank you for your response. You may click the link below for you to possibly purchase the said battery. Thank you for your support!

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

I see they are available on ebay. How can I use my forum points to buy the battery through your ebay store?
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 8-2 14:27
I see they are available on ebay. How can I use my forum points to buy the battery through your ebay store?

Hi there. The Forum points can only be converted/exchanged to DJI Credits and they can only use via the Official DJI Store. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-6
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-6 00:45
Hi there. The Forum points can only be converted/exchanged to DJI Credits and they can only use via the Official DJI Store. Thank you for your support!

Well then please put the batteries in stock in the official DJI store. I keep checking and they are perpetually out of stock there.
2021-8-6
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-6 00:45
Hi there. The Forum points can only be converted/exchanged to DJI Credits and they can only use via the Official DJI Store. Thank you for your support!

I ran into a problem ordering from your store:

DJI Credit:
Balance: USD $30.48
Subtotal185

Shipping0

Tax: $11.74

Total:USD $196.74

As you can see, the credit is not being applied. I'm not going to pay almost $200 for one battery.
2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 8-17 19:11
I ran into a problem ordering from your store:

Hi there. With regards to this purchase, can you please send us your order number via PM for us to check? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-21
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-21 01:55
Hi there. With regards to this purchase, can you please send us your order number via PM for us to check? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

I haven't hit the purchase button yet because of the lack of a credit being applied. I don't see an order number at this point. Where would I find it?
2021-8-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 8-21 09:24
I haven't hit the purchase button yet because of the lack of a credit being applied. I don't see an order number at this point. Where would I find it?

You wont see an order number until you purchase it, at that point, Support will then be able to apply the credits hopefully refunding the difference. Not sure why you struggled with it though, I've never had an issue applying the credits in the past, I was only about 8 months ago since my last battery purchase.
2021-8-31
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-31 19:41
You wont see an order number until you purchase it, at that point, Support will then be able to apply the credits hopefully refunding the difference. Not sure why you struggled with it though, I've never had an issue applying the credits in the past, I was only about 8 months ago since my last battery purchase.

I'm not willing to risk not having the credit applied and then having to wait weeks or longer to try and drag it out of DJI. If they can't make the purchase checkout work properly, I'll abstain from buying it until they fix the matter.
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 9-1 12:14
I'm not willing to risk not having the credit applied and then having to wait weeks or longer to try and drag it out of DJI. If they can't make the purchase checkout work properly, I'll abstain from buying it until they fix the matter.

But DJI Paladin was on the case and would have gotten it sorted for you.
Not to worry, just keep trying, I managed to get it to work ok
2021-9-1
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-1 14:33
But DJI Paladin was on the case and would have gotten it sorted for you.
Not to worry, just keep trying, I managed to get it to work ok

Later, it seems they fixed the website. I was able to get the points applied and bought the battery. Now waiting for it to ship.
2021-9-10
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 9-10 17:51
Later, it seems they fixed the website. I was able to get the points applied and bought the battery. Now waiting for it to ship.

Nice one, feels good dont it
2021-9-11
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Patience is the key. I was in no rush, since I'm hardly flying these days. I took delivery of the new battery today. Charged it, now need to make time to fly the craft.
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules