Aftermarket propellers, any good? I try one, not good.
4901 17 2021-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1c3d0833
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092070 ft
United States

I bought some cheaper copies of propellers off aliexpress. And I've been using them a few weeks before the earlier firmware update. I've noticed that the off-brand propellers have thicker blades. And after the recent firmware update, the drone has vibration that I can see jello in the goggles feed. It also makes more high-pitch noise and sometimes resonant noise. Also I found two weeks ago that one of my motor's bearing was bad. But this may be resulted from my crashes and perhaps aggravated by the use of off-brand propellers.

Long story short, I replaced the bad motor, and change back to original propellers, and the noise was much less and I could hear that the propellers respond to abrupt PRM jumps much effortlessly. I think the original propellers have these very thin (almost feels fragile) blades for a reason (to mtach the motors and ESCs tunning for better RPM accerleration and decelleration). I also suspect that with the new firmware, they might tuned the propulsion system more aggresively (not in terms of overall thrust output, but rather the accerleration of RPM) so that heavier off-brand propellers will work even worse.

Does anyone know or tried any off-bran propellers than work as good or better than the original, and cheaper, of course?
2021-7-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who tried using an aftermarket propellers on there DJI FPV. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like propellers on your DJI drones specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main important components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2021-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OrginalDobo on YouTube made some videos about after market props,  many he had issues with, but he did find one make he like,  might be worth checking his channel.
2021-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gemfan 5236 Hurricane props.  http://www.gemfanhobby.com/show.aspx?id=348&cid=41

2021-7-26
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

I will never understand why people would use after market blades.  The cheapest, yet most important part of the drone.  People, please do not use after market blades, you are not saving anything.
2021-7-26
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

LOL, another youtuber with his mouth wide-open. Sorry I am not gonna click on his video. And I am not gonna use aftermarket props.
Just think: Would you use cheap tyres on your expensive car?
2021-7-26
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 7-26 06:18
LOL, another youtuber with his mouth wide-open. Sorry I am not gonna click on his video. And I am not gonna use aftermarket props.
Just think: Would you use cheap tyres on your expensive car?

Exactly, the most important yet cheapest part, and people feel the need to try and save money.  As some one here might say... If yu cannot afford the props, then perhaps this is not the drone for you.
2021-7-26
Use props
coyotejuice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8235935 ft
United States

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer - DJI you conflicted yourself lol
2021-7-26
Use props
fly_y666
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-25 21:21
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who tried using an aftermarket propellers on there DJI FPV. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like propellers on your DJI drones specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main important components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.

Thank you for the reminder. Currently I'm using the original propellers (and found these to be the best so far).
2021-8-1
Use props
fly_y666
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 23:24
OrginalDobo on YouTube made some videos about after market props,  many he had issues with, but he did find one make he like,  might be worth checking his channel.

Thanks for the info.
2021-8-1
Use props
fly_y666
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-26 03:42
Gemfan 5236 Hurricane props.  http://www.gemfanhobby.com/show.aspx?id=348&cid=41

Hurricane Props Video

Thank you.
2021-8-1
Use props
fly_y666
lvl.2
United States

Romonaga Posted at 7-26 06:14
I will never understand why people would use after market blades.  The cheapest, yet most important part of the drone.  People, please do not use after market blades, you are not saving anything.

It's ok to be unable to understand. I guess people have wide variety of reasons. Not really for saving the cost, just trying options.
2021-8-1
Use props
fly_y666
lvl.2
United States

Romonaga Posted at 7-26 06:28
Exactly, the most important yet cheapest part, and people feel the need to try and save money.  As some one here might say... If yu cannot afford the props, then perhaps this is not the drone for you.

Interesting thought. Not really to save money for myself, just tried cheap ones to begin with.
2021-8-1
Use props
fly_y666
lvl.2
United States

FlyingSnoopy Posted at 7-26 06:18
LOL, another youtuber with his mouth wide-open. Sorry I am not gonna click on his video. And I am not gonna use aftermarket props.
Just think: Would you use cheap tyres on your expensive car?

Interesting thought/perspective.
2021-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fly_y666 Posted at 8-1 20:20
Thanks for the info.

You're very welcome.
2021-8-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  Have a great week.
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fly_y666 Posted at 8-1 20:19
Thank you for the reminder. Currently I'm using the original propellers (and found these to be the best so far).

Hi there fly_y666. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2021-8-2
Use props
sebkowski
lvl.1

Malaysia

I bought one set of aftermarket props. Not good, i can hear the motors fighting it, they get really hot, hard to stay stable. Probably unbalanced im not sure.
2021-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules