DJI OSD element symbols are weird
2764 3 2021-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I am running Betaflight 10.7.0 on my Windows laptop.   I bought a DJI digital version of the GEPRC Crocodile Baby 5 as my first FPV drone.

I used Betaflight to set up the drone, DJI radio and DJI goggles.  All is good except two things in the goggles elements.  This drone has GPS rescue.  Instead of an arrow to point me home I have a bold dash on the goggle’s screen.  I also set up crosshairs.  The crosshairs on the goggle’s screen is a bold plus sign.  These two elements are perfect on the Betaflight OSD sample screen.

I figured there was a font problem in Betaflight so I went into Betaflight's "OSD" tab and clicked on Font Manager.  It was set to the default font.  I  clicked "Upload Font" and then save. According to several videos this was supposed to fix the problem   It did not.

I have attached an image.  At the top of the picture is HOR (horizontal mode) with a dash under it.  That is supposed to be an arrow.  In the middle of the image is a plus sign. That is supposed to be a fine crosshair..
DJI Goggle Image copy.jpg
2021-7-26
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The dash becomes an arrow once you fly. At least that happens with my Rekon 5.
2021-7-26
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

How recent is the DJI firmware on your REKON 5.  This was my "B" choice when I bought my drone earlier this month.  It was hard to decide which to buy.  

My DJI system had its firmware updated  two weeks ago.  As soon as I read your response I was pleased until someone else said the latest firmware might have negated what you are experiencing.  

As for flying, my maiden flight was yesterday with LOS.  That was 30 minutes of takeoff and crash, takeoff and crash, takeoff and crash, takeoff and crash..... Very frustrated, but I never had to walk but a shoret distance from the landing pad to retrieve the drone.  Therefore I have not had the chance to use the goggles yet.  Hopefully I have the same experience as you of the dash becoming an arrow.

Thanks for responding.
2021-7-27
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

You are right Depp!!!  I finally had the courage to put on the goggles.  The dash turns into an arrow and the plus sign remains the same.  I can live with that.  Thanks again.
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules