RSC 2 setting focus motor end points manually
2569 5 2021-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edgar Torbert
lvl.1

United States

I have new RSC 2 with latest firmware and one R Focus Motor. My camera for this purpose is Canon 90D with 24-70mm f/2.8 L II lens. Using the Advanced settings I am able to calibrate focus motor end points with no problem. These calibrated end points are useable; however, I would like to fine tune them by setting the end points manually. When I set the end points manually, I find the range of allowed rotation is very narrow, less than a quarter of that for the calibrated end points, even though the manually set end points are very close to the calibrated end points. Any suggestions of what I may be doing wrong?

2021-7-26
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

hello , I didn't find this problem on rsc2. Haven't you done end point clearance
2021-7-27
Use props
Edgar Torbert
lvl.1

United States

DJI-RS PM 铁匠 Posted at 7-27 00:51
hello , I didn't find this problem on rsc2. Haven't you done end point clearance

Yes, clearing the end points was my first try to correct the problem.

I am curious about effect of how end-points are physically selected: turning front dial, turning knob on focus motor, turning barrel of camera. No guidance is given about this choice.
2021-7-27
Use props
Edgar Torbert
lvl.1

United States

PROBLEM SOLVED! After setting the start position, I was clicking on the item to enter the end position instead of just rotating to it with the side dial, so that it was interpreting my unnecessary click as selecting an end point very close to the start point. SORRY.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Edgar Torbert Posted at 7-27 10:23
PROBLEM SOLVED! After setting the start position, I was clicking on the item to enter the end position instead of just rotating to it with the side dial, so that it was interpreting my unnecessary click as selecting an end point very close to the start point. SORRY.

congratulations
2021-7-27
Use props
fans9f691297
lvl.1

Canada

Don't be sorry, I had the same problem and your answer helps me! Thanks!
2023-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules