1535 20 2021-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1987861 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In this video, we put the DJI Air 2S to the test and compare is to the DJI Mavic Air 2, the Mavic 2 Pro and my favorite older drone, the Phantom 4 Pro.  It's been a year that I've been using the Mavic Air 2 and I really like it but it is not perfect when it comes to lowlight and detail in the shadows. Moreover, the digital sharpness is pretty ugly in my opinion which makes me sometimes hesitate using this drone.  The Air 2s on the other side comes with a bunch of updates!

2021-7-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there guillaumecornetfilms. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-7-26
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-26 22:21
Hello there guillaumecornetfilms. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support.  .

Thanks for the kind words!
2021-7-27
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-26 23:51
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers mate!
2021-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re very welcome.
2021-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very informative video.    Still like my MA2 but plan to buy the DJI Pro 3 (or Mavic 3 Pro whatever they call it) vice getting the Air 2S.
2021-7-27
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-27 04:19
Very informative video.    Still like my MA2 but plan to buy the DJI Pro 3 (or Mavic 3 Pro whatever they call it) vice getting the Air 2S.

Thanks!
And yes I see a few people talking about a Mavic 3 Pro but is there any solid information about that drone? People have been waiting for a Phantom 5 for 4 years and now it's pretty certain that it will never exist...
2021-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

guillaumecornetfilms Posted at 7-27 09:54
Thanks!
And yes I see a few people talking about a Mavic 3 Pro but is there any solid information about that drone? People have been waiting for a Phantom 5 for 4 years and now it's pretty certain that it will never exist...

You're welcome.    Lots of youtube videos with speculations.  Of course, nothing confirmed by DJI.  The same old wait and see game.  Really hoping to see a Mavic 3 Pro release before December.  
2021-7-28
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-28 03:23
You're welcome.    Lots of youtube videos with speculations.  Of course, nothing confirmed by DJI.  The same old wait and see game.  Really hoping to see a Mavic 3 Pro release before December.

I've learnt over the year to not trust speculations and more importantly not wait to invest in gear that could help me produce better content. The Air 2S is a mini beast, and is worth the upgrade from the A2 imo. If DJI comes up with a M3P that is actually better, then I'll sell the A2S
2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there guillaumecornetfilms. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to watch your work. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2021-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

guillaumecornetfilms Posted at 7-28 10:31
I've learnt over the year to not trust speculations and more importantly not wait to invest in gear that could help me produce better content. The Air 2S is a mini beast, and is worth the upgrade from the A2 imo. If DJI comes up with a M3P that is actually better, then I'll sell the A2S

Sounds like a good plan.  
2021-7-29
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the love everyone!
2021-7-31
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the P4P V1 and V2 backing up for mapping and modeling.

I picked up the Air2S as backup for my M2Pro CRE and Progress jobs......Depending on the environment, the Air2S sometimes is the primary, and the clients love the imaging.

Well done video!!  Thank you
Randy
2021-8-3
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 8-3 08:54
I have the P4P V1 and V2 backing up for mapping and modeling.

I picked up the Air2S as backup for my M2Pro CRE and Progress jobs......Depending on the environment, the Air2S sometimes is the primary, and the clients love the imaging.

Would the Air2S replace all your other drones though? In my opinion, unless for photography where I believe the Air2 with its 41Mp stills is the best, the Air2S easily replaces all my other drones.
Curious to hear your thoughts
2021-8-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like it!
2021-8-9
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

That's one, I'm sure more peole are thinking the same!
2021-8-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

guillaumecornetfilms Posted at 8-9 13:41
That's one, I'm sure more peole are thinking the same!

I would say so.
2021-8-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

guillaumecornetfilms Posted at 8-3 10:14
Would the Air2S replace all your other drones though? In my opinion, unless for photography where I believe the Air2 with its 41Mp stills is the best, the Air2S easily replaces all my other drones.
Curious to hear your thoughts

No,  Mapping is not something the A2s would be good at.  That and I do not believe the map apps will work with the A2s.
2021-8-11
Use props
guillaumecornetfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 8-11 09:39
No,  Mapping is not something the A2s would be good at.  That and I do not believe the map apps will work with the A2s.

Curious to understand why? Higher resolution would mean better mapping as far as I know since there is more pixels to work with? Also 30% battery life more than a P4 which means more surface mapped per flight. Software-wise it's another story if developers haven't worked yet on a new version for the Air S2
2021-8-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

guillaumecornetfilms Posted at 2021-8-11 13:56
Curious to understand why? Higher resolution would mean better mapping as far as I know since there is more pixels to work with? Also 30% battery life more than a P4 which means more surface mapped per flight. Software-wise it's another story if developers haven't worked yet on a new version for the Air S2

A global/Mechanical shutter takes a much better image as the aircraft is flying at a higher speed.  The A2s does not have this.  20mpxl is 20mpxl  All my birds are 20mpxl sensors.

I have a P4P V1 and V2 for mapping

M2Pro and A2s for CRE and construction progress reporting.   
2022-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules