597 8 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would very much like to purchase a Smart Controller.  

However, it seems that here in the UK every supplier I can find is showing it as out of stock.

So this could be for three reasons:
1) The chip shortage
or
2) New supplies are awaited, as simple as that - it's literally sold out

or

3) A new version is on the way???

Whichever, does anybody have any idea why I can't find one?

Thanks.

2021-7-27
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was sure I posted this in the Smart Controller section, but it's here.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CallMeAlan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will it be available. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at hhttps://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-smart-controller?vid=48911. You may click the In Stock Reminder tab on the said page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. In addition, you may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the DJI Smart Controller is available. Thank you.
2021-7-27
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had the same issue when I purchased my first Smart Controller (SC) in Australia: DJI had no stock and all local drone store sites also said no stock or on back order. I rang each store anyway and one person said he remembered seeing a new Smart Controller in the warehouse even though their computer said stock is 0 and it showed 7 SC's were on back order. I asked him to send it to me and he did. Moral of the story is: don't trust the website stock levels and give them a call anyway!

2021-7-27
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Matite.  Yes, I've seen this sort of thing before.  I'll ring around maybe, but my preferred supplier is mazon, and I trust their computer!

And thanks DJI Stephen.  It worries me that you say "if ever it will be available", which sort of implies it might not be!

Alan.
2021-7-27
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Probably no help, but there are 5 SC in Stock @ brack.ch
2021-7-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sometimes the quickest way to get a sc is to buy a drone combo that includes the sc and sell the drone.
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_JgwxUNF8Q1RG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204623 ft
United Kingdom

I am also trying to buy a Smart Controller but EVERYWHERE is out of stock. Is there a new version coming? I dont want to buy an old model if a new one is iminent!
2021-7-28
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect - hope? - that version 2 is on the way iminently!
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules