Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware AIR 2S V02.04.2040 TODAY 07/27/2021
2920 23 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BEN_M16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

New firmware (181.63 mb) for the drone, I just jumped on the dji fly app.  The list of changes is very short.  There is firmware for the controller and for the drone.  Just these changes:
- Added trimmed download to dji fly- Added ability to synchronize HD  photos.
- Extended time before battery enters auto-discharge after being idle from five to nine days.

Thats all......

There is no new dji Fly version app........at the moment.....

Drone: v02.04.2040
RC: v04.12.0046

You must update each battery...

2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BEN_M16. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The New firmware DJI Air 2S v02.04.2040 has been released. Here is what’s new on the said update. Thank you.

·  Added the “Trimmed Download" feature.
·  Supported the “Auto Sync HD Photos” feature.
·  Extended battery self-discharge duration from 4 days to 9 days.
2021-7-27
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 02:52
Hello there BEN_M16. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. The New firmware DJI Air 2S v02.04.2040 has been released. Here is what’s new on the said update. Thank you.

·  Added the “Trimmed Download" feature.

what is “Trimmed Download" feature?
2021-7-27
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Nice. Battery and auto sync hd photos is nice to have but they could give us more.
After two and a half months since the previous update they had time to do more features that are needed to make air 2s what it should be.
2021-7-27
Use props
BEN_M16
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Very few changes and also not very usable.

We need urgently a new version of DJI Fly. The 1.4.8 version is very dangerous.
2021-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  Too bad DJI hasn't addressed the issues with DJI Fly App V1.4.8 and issued a new updated one.  I went back to V1.4.4 until an viable update comes out.
2021-7-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I'm holding it back for the moment, since a permanent FCC/boost hack has been relesed recently for the previous firmware, wich is way more interesting than this update.

Still no zoom in photo mode, still AE/AF malfunctioning with no way to remove the yellow square from the screen and ofc still no waypoint or cruise control... but I suppose all of those are more on the FlyApp side than the drone firmware.
2021-7-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  Interesting that DJI hasn't published the release notes for this update either here on this forum nor on their website yet.  Usually they are really good at getting them posted here right away.
2021-7-27
Use props
BEN_M16
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

It is possible that they have not published it here yet because they are still adding or retouching something of this firmware and tomorrow a revision will appear this time definitive.
2021-7-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

BEN_M16 Posted at 7-27 09:10
It is possible that they have not published it here yet because they are still adding or retouching something of this firmware and tomorrow a revision will appear this time definitive.

Yeah, I've had situations in the past where I installed a firmware as soon as it showed up on my device, but they pulled it back and re-issued an updated version of it in the next day or so.  Hopefully that's not the case again here.
2021-7-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still no Goggle v2 compatibility…. Booo.  This is a really uninspiring firmware update.
2021-7-27
Use props
ildin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19158714 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Finalmente, Finalmente, Finalmente!
Hanno risolto col nuovo firmware il problema zona quota  0m ,ora sono passato a zona quota 500m e posso fare i mastershots!
2021-7-27
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

ildin Posted at 7-27 12:20
Finalmente, Finalmente, Finalmente!
Hanno risolto col nuovo firmware il problema zona quota  0m ,ora sono passato a zona quota 500m e posso fare i mastershots!

Good for you this
2021-7-27
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

BEN_M16 Posted at 7-27 09:10

Let's hope we will get more features in the next few days and this firmware was released by let's say "mistake". It is also incomplete as the end of firmware installation in which all the leds stay green. It does not go to normal state unless you manually restart it.
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_wkCFWL1J9VpD
lvl.1

Thailand

have to apply update with each battery install in drone . check for update of firmware will prompt if the battery itself hasn't been updated.
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_wkCFWL1J9VpD
lvl.1

Thailand

have to apply update with each battery install in drone . check for update of firmware will prompt if the battery itself hasn't been updated.
2021-7-27
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

ugggh, still no live broadcast to various social media platforms like FB or instagram...

How hard is it to add that?  Its available on most of the other DJI drones...
2021-7-27
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Parisi2274 Posted at 7-27 16:41
ugggh, still no live broadcast to various social media platforms like FB or instagram...

How hard is it to add that?  Its available on most of the other DJI drones...

I'd also like to see that feature added!
2021-7-27
Use props
ToneDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3383599 ft
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-27 08:13
I'm holding it back for the moment, since a permanent FCC/boost hack has been relesed recently for the previous firmware, wich is way more interesting than this update.

Still no zoom in photo mode, still AE/AF malfunctioning with no way to remove the yellow square from the screen and ofc still no waypoint or cruise control... but I suppose all of those are more on the FlyApp side than the drone firmware.

You can do cruise control in hyperlapse. It's possible to program the function button to cruise control. Is that what you are referring to?
2021-7-27
Use props
ToneDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3383599 ft
United States

BEN_M16 Posted at 7-27 03:16
Very few changes and also not very usable.

We need urgently a new version of DJI Fly. The 1.4.8 version is very dangerous.

What is dangerous about the Fly app v1.4.8?

2021-7-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

ToneDrone Posted at 7-27 23:54
You can do cruise control in hyperlapse. It's possible to program the function button to cruise control. Is that what you are referring to?

Outside hyperlapse, at any speed, that'd be the feature.
2021-7-28
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

ToneDrone Posted at 7-27 23:56
What is dangerous about the Fly app v1.4.8?

Let's see....
1. Instability of signal...sometimes just drops.
2. App error...sometimes just restarts by itself in middle of flight (not only on phones but on SC too )
My colleagues will add their own negative experience with 1.4.8 in continuity of this message )))
2021-7-28
Use props
Ralph39
lvl.1

United States

Hello,  I just updated firmware on my air 2s.  all went well and looked like it was updating battery as 2 lights on battery were blinking but shut down aircraft and fly app then controller,  changed to my #2 battery started everything up and checked for updates and said NO UPDATES.   how does my #2 and #3 battery get updated?  Is there a way to see the the firmware Ver. of the batteries itself.
Thanks
2021-7-28
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Ralph39 Posted at 7-28 07:23
Hello,  I just updated firmware on my air 2s.  all went well and looked like it was updating battery as 2 lights on battery were blinking but shut down aircraft and fly app then controller,  changed to my #2 battery started everything up and checked for updates and said NO UPDATES.   how does my #2 and #3 battery get updated?  Is there a way to see the the firmware Ver. of the batteries itself.
Thanks

Try it again by restarting the RC/drone, it will surely pop up. I downloaded the update myself yesterday and had to do it for all 3 batteries.
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules