How to stop charging from RC on android?
123Next >
23721 97 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"if you cut the power wires on the USB cable and connect a female micro USB to it, " from memory there are splitter cables that can be used to power the phone from a battery pack, it saves cutting anything.
2021-9-29
Use props
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Mongolia

Would it be possible to add a small computer fan aimed at the back of the phone? Its also very hot where I live. I recently got a foldable sunscreen to help see the mobile screen. That might be something to look into as well.
2021-9-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kcu7htWLCNFr Posted at 9-29 11:16
This is the solution.
Yes, OTG connection requires 500ma of power to transmit data, but the power doesn't need to come from the controller, if you cut the power wires on the USB cable and connect a female micro USB to it, now connect a 5v standard battery pack with a standard Micro USB charging cable. This way you won't discharge your control and you will allow data transfer between the controller and the phone/tablet. Good luck.

Sure but now you have 3 devices to carry. Not a real solution. Just recharge the remote more often.
2021-9-29
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

For the tropics, an expensive but effective smart controller from DJI may be the solution.
2021-10-1
Use props
fand0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334715 ft
Ukraine

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 10-1 00:54
For the tropics, an expensive but effective smart controller from DJI may be the solution.

Buy iphone is better option.
2021-10-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fand0 Posted at 10-1 01:31
Buy iphone is better option.

Thats more of a bitter compromise lol
2021-10-1
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

A rooted Android phone (with Magisk) and the Advanced Charging Controller (ACC) allows full control of charging...Although I never had issues with my phone overheating or screen dimming. On  both Pixel XL or Pixel 3 XL. Always put in airplane mode.

2021-10-1
Use props
Harry Jones
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Mavic Mini and Mini 2 remote charging Android phone ISSUE SOLVED!   

link :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDID4SvpbLU&t=72s

Many thanks to the creator of this video - Zolly .

I obtained diode 1N4004 from a local electronics store (micro center) for $1.99 and followed his instructions.  

My samsung S9 has the USB type C connector so I didnt want to ruin the micro USB to type C remote control cord experimenting, so i purchased a micro USB to type C adaptor ($3) and executed the video instructions on the unused micro USB to micro USB cord that was included with the drone.
=> make sure diode band is pointing in the direction of the phone !!

Worked 100% - now the remote control no longer charges my Samsung S9 when they are connected.

2021-11-21
Use props
fand0
lvl.1
Ukraine

I just switched to IPhone 13
2021-11-21
Use props
Mservices
lvl.1

Italy

What a bummer..... I have the Dji mini fly more combo and was wondering why my remote's battery lasted so short. Today i was flying the drone and the remote  lasted just a bit more then one drone battery. the phone's battery was at 80% and stayed at 80%, but the remote was drained within 30 minutes of flight Thought perhaps my remote battery has to be changed and then came across this issue and post.... To say the least i'm utterly disappointed in this fact.  Fly more = 1 hour of drone flight, remote battery life just under half an hour....
2022-4-14
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

fand0 Posted at 2021-11-21 10:50
I just switched to IPhone 13

It's posts like this proving the saying:
How do you find out if someone has an iPhone?
He will buy a protective case with a hole for showing the bitten apple, will place it prominently in every posted video, will never remove the SMS signature "sent with my iPhone" and will use each and every opportunity to tell you.

What will you tell us next, fand0? You just went to the toilet?
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Landey Posted at 4-15 01:07
It's posts like this proving the saying:
How do you find out if someone has an iPhone?
He will buy a protective case with a hole for showing the bitten apple, will place it prominently in every posted video, will never remove the SMS signature "sent with my iPhone" and will use each and every opportunity to tell you.

LOL

In all fairness, I'm a PC guy but Apple mobile devices do typically work more reliably with apps...   The Android ecosphere is a jumbled mess of random hardware specs and apps have to struggle to make sense of the device they are trying to run on.  An iOS app is the same no matter what, so it's a lot easier to get good code.  There is something to be said about a walled garden if you can afford to live there.

2022-4-15
Use props
fand0
lvl.1
Ukraine

War in my country. not interested in your humor.
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

If there was more humor there'd be less war.

I am sorry for what you folks are going through.
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

fand0 Posted at 4-15 02:56
War in my country. not interested in your humor.

So if your country is at war, your highest priority is telling others you got an iPhone?

Note: fand0 posted his message prior to war breaking out, which I overlooked - thus my allegation was not legitimate!
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 02:52
LOL

In all fairness, I'm a PC guy but Apple mobile devices do typically work more reliably with apps...   The Android ecosphere is a jumbled mess of random hardware specs and apps have to struggle to make sense of the device they are trying to run on.  An iOS app is the same no matter what, so it's a lot easier to get good code.  There is something to be said about a walled garden if you can afford to live there.

I know. ;)

I am in scene since the very beginning, had been a PC instructor, professional programmer, hacker, built all my PCs myself.
There's benefits of a closed and unified ecosystem, of course. Beneficial of those who need standards, but often a hindrance for those who need something beyond the standards.
My little nephew recently said: "Apple ist für die, die zu blöd für was anderes sind." - "Apple was made for those too folish for everything else."
It's not nice, but that's what he said. His entire family uses Apple devices, he's got a brother and a sister, parents are happy with Apple, children aren't, all save their pocket money for Android and PC platforms. Because the exciting games are for PC only, because there's so much more to fiddle with if you've got an Android mobile device.
I use PCs for professional purposes, and the software I need to use for my profession doesn't work with fruit, I also need to be in full control of my hardware and software.
So if there's out-of-the-box needs, Apple computer devices are a good choice. If there aren't ...
And regarding the phone and tablet products ... - We just saw a typical example of Apple user mentality. ;)
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Landey Posted at 4-15 04:29
I know. ;)

I am in scene since the very beginning, had been a PC instructor, professional programmer, hacker, built all my PCs myself.

There's nothing wrong with a consumer wanting a product that "just works" for it's intended purpose.   And there's nothing wrong with a consumer wanting detailed control over the product they purchased.  Unfortunately, in many cases those two intents are in conflict with each other.

I fully appreciate Apple hardware.  They are typically of higher fit & finish and apps typically run on them without fuss - they "just work".  Unfortunately, all that costs money and for better or worse the higher price leads to a bit of "better than you" attitude.

On the flip side, I also like to fiddle around with my hardware.  But as a professional, I know that fiddling often leads to instability.  But that doesn't mean it isn't fun.

There are cases to be made for both sides.  And there's nothing wrong with showing a little pride in what you like, provided you don't make a jerk out of yourself.  I try not to group people in stereotypes if I can avoid it.
2022-4-15
Use props
fand0
lvl.1
Ukraine

Landey Posted at 4-15 04:14
So if your country is at war, your highest priority is telling others you got an iPhone?

Special for idiot: war started at February 24th.
It is not funny.  

https://youtu.be/VAsf6dsq3rQ

https://youtu.be/KOao41OlzaU
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Just put a 100 ohm resistor in series with the +5V supply!
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

fand0 Posted at 4-15 05:12
Special for idiot: war started at February 24th.
It is not funny.  

I just looked up the term "idiot".

From the Cambridge dictionary: "a foolish person, esp. someone who has done something stupid:"

Knowing that, I need to repeat my question: "So if your country is at war, your highest priority is telling others you got an iPhone?"

Note: fand0 posted his message prior to war breaking out, which I overlooked - thus my allegation was not legitimate!

2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 05:13
[view_image]

Quote from "Stackoverflow", this is where you got that picture:

"Way too low resistance. That resistor gets smoking hot! Try 220 ohm. Though if you're trying to protect your battery then this hack may not work regardless of current."

Original URL: https://stackoverflow.com/questi ... sb-programmatically
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:34

"Way too low resistance. That resistor gets smoking hot! Try 220 ohm. Though if you're trying to protect your battery then this hack may not work regardless of current."

{:4_98:}{:4_98:}{:4_98:}{:4_98:}{:4_98:}{:4_98:}
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:34

It does NOT "get smoking hot". Go to SCHOOL!
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 05:39
It does NOT "get smoking hot". Go to SCHOOL!

My utmost dearest and beloved Johnny ...

You stole that picture from the internet, I linked the source.
Thus you did not take it yourself.
Thus you did not try that solution on your own.
Thus you have no idea about it.
Thus you should keep your lovely mouth shut. ;)
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:46
My utmost dearest and beloved Johnny ...

You stole that picture from the internet, I linked the source.

To say that is typical for a person with low self-esteem. The retard Landey is freely offering her lies in this forum. She is like the Russian Propaganda, Lies Only.
Now shape up, Landey! I'm a hardware engineer (among other skills). I KNOW things you lie about in your previous posts!
2022-4-15
Use props
fand0
lvl.1
Ukraine

Landey Posted at 4-15 05:30
I just looked up the term "idiot".

From the Cambridge dictionary: "a foolish person, esp. someone who has done something stupid:"

Message about iPhone was submitted a few weeks before war stated. Or you think someone told us when it starts?!

If you are really such fucking idiot I really wish you feel the same what any Ukrainian feels now.

Admins, you can block my account from this forum of trolls.
2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 05:59
To say that is typical for a person with low self-esteem. The retard Landey is freely offering her lies in this forum. She is like the Russian Propaganda, Lies Only.
Now shape up, Landey! I'm a hardware engineer (among other skills). I KNOW things you lie about in your previous posts!

Let's have a closer look at this.

> To say that is typical for a person with low self-esteem.
Just tell me which parts of my post and it's line of reasoning are typical for a person of low self-esteem.

> The retard Landey is freely offering her lies in this forum. She is like the Russian Propaganda, Lies Only.
Propaganda is a means stating untrue things for the favor of one party and discrediting the other. So quote any "lies" I posted. If you fail, you obviously just posted propaganda.

> Now shape up, Landey! I'm a hardware engineer (among other skills). I KNOW things you lie about in your previous posts!
A hardware engineer. So what do you construct? Hamster cages?
And again, just quote any "lies". If you can't you're obviously lying.

By the way: Why did you steal a photo from another website instead of posting a photo of your own work? Just to make it look like you "engineered" it yourself and proved it working safely?

So there's three things to do for you: Quoting examples for low self-esteem, quoting "lies", and answering the question why you stole a picture from another website.
Note: Swear words are no replacement. ;)

2022-4-15
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

fand0 Posted at 4-15 06:31
Message about iPhone was submitted a few weeks before war stated. Or you think someone told us when it starts?!

If you are really such fucking idiot I really wish you feel the same what any Ukrainian feels now.

I just upvoted your post because you're absolutely right in the regard that you posted your iPhone boasting prior to war breaking out. That's a thing I overlooked, so it needs to get rectified. I also updated my posts accordingly.

If you wish me feeling the same like Ukrainians, your wish may become true. Because the German government does the same the Ukrainian government did for years or even decades: Doing just everything for provoking such a conflict.
Thus we, you and me, should ask ourselves exactly the same question: Did we vote for that government? My answer is no. What's yours?
2022-4-15
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-15 23:03
Let's have a closer look at this.

> To say that is typical for a person with low self-esteem.

Landey wrote "By the way: Why did you steal a photo from another website instead of posting a photo of your own work? Just to make it look like you "engineered" it yourself and proved it working safely?"

You're totally out of league! Again!
2022-4-16
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 4-16 05:04
Landey wrote "By the way: Why did you steal a photo from another website instead of posting a photo of your own work? Just to make it look like you "engineered" it yourself and proved it working safely?"

You're totally out of league! Again!

Same childish game as always.

The one who big-mouthed accuses others of propaganda and lies can't prove a single one of his bold statements, making him the one telling propaganda and lies.
The one stealing ideas from others  for making it look like his own work sheepishly avoids any answers to related questions.

It's easy to attack and insult just everyone, like you did over the last weeks. But if it comes to facing headwind, you turn into a little boy and try to escape into denial instead of standing your position.

Johnny Bigmouth turned into Johnny Little.
2022-4-16
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Harry Jones Posted at 2021-11-21 07:12
I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Hi, glad the diode trick worked for you, I tried it for my original Mavic Pro with no success, oh well, I've lived with it for 3 years,
2022-4-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Landey Posted at 4-16 05:43
Same childish game as always.

The one who big-mouthed accuses others of propaganda and lies can't prove a single one of his bold statements, making him the one telling propaganda and lies.

Big Mouth seem to be you. I know my skills. I'm happy with what I can achieve.

2022-4-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

UKMoose Posted at 4-16 05:55
Hi, glad the diode trick worked for you, I tried it for my original Mavic Pro with no success, oh well, I've lived with it for 3 years,

Don't use a diode. A 100-ish ohm resistor will limit the charging current. Measure the voltage across the resistor and you'll get an estimate for the charging current. (I = U /  R)
Adjust the resistor value to your preferences.
2022-4-16
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-16 06:12
Don't use a diode. A 100-ish ohm resistor will limit the charging current. Measure the voltage across the resistor and you'll get an estimate for the charging current. (I = U /  R)
Adjust the resistor value to your preferences.

OK thanks for the tip, I'll certainly give it a try, it's not a big deal for me but I like to try these work arounds, the question has been asked for years I think, so maybe there isn't a definitive answer.
2022-4-16
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

UKMoose Posted at 4-16 11:58
OK thanks for the tip, I'll certainly give it a try, it's not a big deal for me but I like to try these work arounds, the question has been asked for years I think, so maybe there isn't a definitive answer.

There's something really making me wonder: The problem is known for quite some time, newbees always like the idea of forced charging, they also like devices with fixed batteries, don't know of their severe drawbacks like unstoppable degrading over time and even faster under high-temperature conditions.
So that's nothing new.
What really makes me wonder: Why don't manufacturers implement a simple hardware switch for "forced charging/no forced charging"?
I fear I know the answer: Forced charging causes faster degrading batteries, thus makes the customer buy new controllers.
2022-4-16
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-16 22:43
There's something really making me wonder: The problem is known for quite some time, newbees always like the idea of forced charging, they also like devices with fixed batteries, don't know of their severe drawbacks like unstoppable degrading over time and even faster under high-temperature conditions.
So that's nothing new.
What really makes me wonder: Why don't manufacturers implement a simple hardware switch for "forced charging/no forced charging"?

Sounds about right, after 50years working in the building trade I know that NEW IMPROVED usually means crap and won't last as long as the older items.
2022-4-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

UKMoose Posted at 4-17 04:43
Sounds about right, after 50years working in the building trade I know that NEW IMPROVED usually means crap and won't last as long as the older items.

How could it? It's not economically profitable to build a pyramid as they did 4500 years ago!
2022-4-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-15 05:13
[view_image]

Nice, now Miss JJ is posting images from the internet he finds for likes,   what a hypocrite.
2022-4-22
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 07:22
Nice, now Miss JJ is posting images from the internet he finds for likes,   what a hypocrite.

For some reason the spammer DAFlys is jealous she cannot comprehend how to deal with batteries, solder irons, electronics. Why is that?
2022-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-22 07:39
For some reason the spammer DAFlys is jealous she cannot comprehend how to deal with batteries, solder irons, electronics. Why is that?

You have no idea,  like you dont have a drone or any flight miles listed.
2022-4-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules