Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not good
1652 17 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've owned my Mini 2 since 11th June 2021, and I turned up to a location Ive been wanting to go for a while, I get it all set up and I recieve this message, its never been crashed as ive hardly used it, not happy Screenshot_20210727-161052.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-160553.jpg
2021-7-27
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

android or iphone?

have you updated the app since last flight?

(with a more concise post title, you'll get more attention)

2021-7-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Refresh the firmware.  DJI support will likely ask you to do that anyways.  If that doesn't work, then contact DJI support.  They'll get you a new one within a couple of weeks.  When I bought the original Mavic Air a few years ago, it arrived direct from DJI with a broken sensor.  They replaced the drone quite quickly.
2021-7-27
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 7-27 09:56
android or iphone?

have you updated the app since last flight?

Using Android, everything up to date.
2021-7-27
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-27 10:01
Refresh the firmware.  DJI support will likely ask you to do that anyways.  If that doesn't work, then contact DJI support.  They'll get you a new one within a couple of weeks.  When I bought the original Mavic Air a few years ago, it arrived direct from DJI with a broken sensor.  They replaced the drone quite quickly.

Not sure how to do that, but the camera was very hot so it's probably fried.
2021-7-27
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

Where did you buy it?  They may be able to swap it for you if it was a local purchase ... maybe even online retailer will help solve your issues with an exchange.
Since the app update, seems all android users are having issues from minor to crashing, while the apple users are experiencing none of it.
That's why I asked which system, and knew before you posted you were an android user.
Getting highly suspicious with such blatant problems and they're quietly sitting on their hands.
2021-7-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you forget the gimbal protector, very easily done...
2021-7-27
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-27 18:25

First thing that came to mind when said camera is hot.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dale 68. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check if the firmware of your DJI Mini 2 is updated and if still the issue persist, it would be best to contact our DJI support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and for a diagnosis on the said DJI Drone. We'll do our best to help you on this issue. Thank you.
2021-7-27
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-27 10:01
Refresh the firmware.  DJI support will likely ask you to do that anyways.  If that doesn't work, then contact DJI support.  They'll get you a new one within a couple of weeks.  When I bought the original Mavic Air a few years ago, it arrived direct from DJI with a broken sensor.  They replaced the drone quite quickly.

You can't refresh the firmware on Mini 2's thanks to DJI not allowing us.
2021-7-27
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-27 18:25

No, first thing I take off, I did it once with my Phantom. There is is no movement what so ever from the Gimbal even when I turn the wheel, it just get very hot
2021-7-27
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 7-27 16:30
Where did you buy it?  They may be able to swap it for you if it was a local purchase ... maybe even online retailer will help solve your issues with an exchange.
Since the app update, seems all android users are having issues from minor to crashing, while the apple users are experiencing none of it.
That's why I asked which system, and knew before you posted you were an android user.

Taking it back to the shop I got it from today, hopefully I'll get a replacement.
2021-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dale 68 Posted at 7-27 22:25
Taking it back to the shop I got it from today, hopefully I'll get a replacement.

Hopefully, the shop has a liberal return policy.  Lot of the shops in the US are either 10 days or 30 days on returns.  Best of luck.  
2021-7-28
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-28 05:38
Hopefully, the shop has a liberal return policy.  Lot of the shops in the US are either 10 days or 30 days on returns.  Best of luck.

That is, without issues.  So, that holds true if you just change your mind because you don't care for the color.  When bad things happen, they should be there for you for a longer duration.
Gotta love the reply from the company above .... they'll do their best, that's reassuring.
2021-7-28
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

I can confirm the Downward Vision Sensor errors you are experiencing are due to a malfunctioning/broken co-axial cable. You will need to have your drone replaced.
2021-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 7-28 09:51
That is, without issues.  So, that holds true if you just change your mind because you don't care for the color.  When bad things happen, they should be there for you for a longer duration.
Gotta love the reply from the company above .... they'll do their best, that's reassuring.

Definitely not the most reassuring comment.  I think original poster's Mini 2 has a hardware issue that slipped through DJI's QA check.
2021-7-29
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All sorted, got a replacement, from the shop  I bought it from,
2021-7-29
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DubSound Posted at 7-27 21:40
You can't refresh the firmware on Mini 2's thanks to DJI not allowing us.

EDIT:  whoops, I tested with the original Mini.... I haven't checked yet with the Mini 2...
EDIT 2: I see what you are saying.  That is an unfortunate decision on DJI's part.  Not cool.

picture below is the original Mini, not Mini 2

2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules