Wavey footage after crashing!
517 6 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benn76
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi there, new here

I crashed my Mini 2 recently and have noticed wavey footage since then, please see video below.  Any ideas or is it as simple as a gimble reset issue?

Cheers
Benn
2021-7-27
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Change the props.
2021-7-27
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Yes, maybe the props. I crashed my DJI Fpv and observed exactly the same issue. Changed the props wich were bended and problem solved.
2021-7-27
Use props
Benn76
lvl.1
Portugal

Thanks for the quick reply. Have changed some of the props and will check tomorrow. Can you explain why the props would have an effect on the video image? When it’s hovering at eye level it still looks pretty stable but certain shots seem to show the wavey footage more.
2021-7-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Benn76 Posted at 7-27 13:15
Thanks for the quick reply. Have changed some of the props and will check tomorrow. Can you explain why the props would have an effect on the video image? When it’s hovering at eye level it still looks pretty stable but certain shots seem to show the wavey footage more.

Damaged props can run unbalanced, which causes vibration, that vibration affects the camera causing what is generally known as 'jello'.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Benn76. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are experiencing this issue on your DJI Mini 2. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue.  Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty as well. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2021-7-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fortunately this forum created by DJI doesn't require you to accept the moderator's "suggestions". Kudos to DJI. And thank you "Stephen" whoever you really are ;-)
2021-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules