836 24 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi guys. Is this a Gimbal leveling problem or is it the earth curvature?
2021-7-27
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Sorry the pic did not upload in the post. Gimbal problem? After i turn to the left the horizon line turns leveled but when going straight it seems twisted...
Screenshot_20210727-204114.jpg
2021-7-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal on a flat, level surface?
I am in the process of sending mine back to amazon for this very reason, old one being collected and new one should be here today
2021-7-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK I will ask the silly question, but anyway.... Did you have it set to FPV mode? If so that is normal. Sorry, I don't mean to be demeaning. I love that mode.
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pajomota. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI FPV to see if there will be changes on the said gimbals positioning. Thank you.
2021-7-27
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 7-27 18:48
Have you tried calibrating the gimbal on a flat, level surface?
I am in the process of sending mine back to amazon for this very reason, old one being collected and new one should be here today

Yes, I have calibrated it several times on tne floor at home....
2021-7-28
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 19:57
Hello there Pajomota. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. Kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI FPV to see if there will be changes on the said gimbals positioning. Thank you.

Hi. My FPV Drone is allright. This is with my Mini 2 drone. I have calibrated the gimbal s3veral times at home on the floor...
2021-7-28
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 7-27 18:50
OK I will ask the silly question, but anyway.... Did you have it set to FPV mode? If so that is normal. Sorry, I don't mean to be demeaning. I love that mode.

No problem. I thiink I have posted in the right sectio  (Mini 2) but everybody is refering me the FPV drone. This is with my Mini 2.
2021-7-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pajomota Posted at 7-28 16:23
No problem. I thiink I have posted in the right sectio  (Mini 2) but everybody is refering me the FPV drone. This is with my Mini 2.

No, FP mode, its an option in the software under the Control tab I think it is...
2021-7-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just got a replacement for my Mini 2 as that produced the same or similar issue as you and the replacement mini 2 has a perfectly level gimbal, so don't let folks tell it its normal or its just the way the drone is, cause its not...
2021-7-28
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Pajomota Posted at 7-27 12:04
Sorry the pic did not upload in the post. Gimbal problem? After i turn to the left the horizon line turns leveled but when going straight it seems twisted...

I honestly don't see anything too wrong with this photo. Remember, you must allow for some curvature due to the earth being round, and NOT flat, as some may have you believe. I think some people, not you, are a little paranoid about crooked horizons and immediately think there must be an issue with their drone, when in 99% of cases, things such as wind can cuase the horizon to not be completely straight.

Stop worryin so much and just get out there and enjoy flying your little bird!

2021-7-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-28 16:44
I honestly don't see anything too wrong with this photo. Remember, you must allow for some curvature due to the earth being round, and NOT flat, as some may have you believe. I think some people, not you, are a little paranoid about crooked horizons and immediately think there must be an issue with their drone, when in 99% of cases, things such as wind can cuase the horizon to not be completely straight.

Are you kidding? that water body would empty off to the right... water should be level not sloping to the right

Either their gimbal calibration is off or their gimbal isn't level due to a hardware or software issue and its not the calibration as they have stated so
2021-7-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pajomota Posted at 7-28 16:23

I know the drone to which you refer. FPV mode is a setup option for the Mini 2 and most other Mavic drones. It results in similar tilted views when turning (yawing) or going sideways, depending on the type of Mavic drone.
Keep in mind also that flying in a strong crosswind in FPV mode can cause the same thing when going "straight". The implimentation of FPV mode in different Mavic designs is not consistant. For example, the MA2 tilts the view when turning only, but the Mini 2 tilts it when going sideways only.

2021-7-28
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Thanks. It's just a matter of curiosity because this issue is something that I easily fix in post. But talking about earth curvature it must curve to both sides not only to the right as it is in my footage, don't you agree?
2021-7-29
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Thanks. It's just a matter of curiosity because this issue is something that I easily fix in post.
2021-7-29
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 7-28 19:01
I know the drone to which you refer. FPV mode is a setup option for the Mini 2 and most other Mavic drones. It results in similar tilted views when turning (yawing) or going sideways, depending on the type of Mavic drone.
Keep in mind also that flying in a strong crosswind in FPV mode can cause the same thing when going "straight". The implimentation of FPV mode in different Mavic designs is not consistant. For example, the MA2 tilts the view when turning only, but the Mini 2 tilts it when going sideways only.

I never fly the mini in FPV mode wich i know is one of the available modes. This issue happens always in cinematic mode.
2021-7-29
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 7-28 18:57
Are you kidding? that water body would empty off to the right... water should be level not sloping to the right

Either their gimbal calibration is off or their gimbal isn't level due to a hardware or software issue and its not the calibration as they have stated so

Exactly. And in the same footage a few seconds later as i turn to the left the horizon suddenly levels itself.
2021-7-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

How does the false horizon(the two short lines on either of the drone icon) on the map appear? With a lot of wind from the side, the drone can tilt too far for the automatic gimbal leveling to work.
2021-7-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-29 09:20
How does the false horizon(the two short lines on either of the drone icon) on the map appear? With a lot of wind from the side, the drone can tilt too far for the automatic gimbal leveling to work.

Hold your Mini in your hand and tilt it and you will see how far it can be tilted before the gimbal can no longer handle it, at a guess, it seems around 45º.

My mates mini 2 was flying next to mine in 20+mph gusts and his was level @ 360º where mine was crook for around 180º, now whilst it is highly likely it being the wind that causes it to go crook, the wind should NOT affect the gimbal, can you imagine the wind speed needed to tilt that drone 45º and even then the gimbal wouldn't go crook, it would bottom out like it does on the Phantom 4,, again, try it, tilt it as far up to 90º and see what i mean by bottom out.

The idea of a gimbal is to make the camera level wind or no wind.

Folks said it was wind for mine too, my replacement says otherwise therefore, if you have a DJI AC where the gimbal is crook (tilted) then there IS something wrong, i.e.. calibration and if calibrating does not rectify it then it IS faulty.
2021-7-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pajomota Posted at 7-29 08:37
I never fly the mini in FPV mode wich i know is one of the available modes. This issue happens always in cinematic mode.

Cinematic mode has nothing to do with the gimbal control or FPV Mode (versus Follow Mode). It is a factor for the overall drone control only.
Choices for the gimbal are FPV or Follow. Did you mean to say Follow instead of Cine?
Choices for the control are Position, Sport, and Cine.
2021-7-29
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 7-29 17:45
Cinematic mode has nothing to do with the gimbal control or FPV Mode (versus Follow Mode). It is a factor for the overall drone control only.
Choices for the gimbal are FPV or Follow. Did you mean to say Follow instead of Cine?
Choices for the control are Position, Sport, and Cine.
Thanks. Yes, imso sorry. Of course I meant Follow mode. Always shoot in cine mode with Gimbal Follow mode.  Thanks again.
2021-7-30
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 7-29 17:27
Hold your Mini in your hand and tilt it and you will see how far it can be tilted before the gimbal can no longer handle it, at a guess, it seems around 45º.

My mates mini 2 was flying next to mine in 20+mph gusts and his was level @ 360º where mine was crook for around 180º, now whilst it is highly likely it being the wind that causes it to go crook, the wind should NOT affect the gimbal, can you imagine the wind speed needed to tilt that drone 45º and even then the gimbal wouldn't go crook, it would bottom out like it does on the Phantom 4,, again, try it, tilt it as far up to 90º and see what i mean by bottom out.
I agree. Sometuing is wrong with my gimbal.  Holding it on my hand it holds straight and still until 45° on both sides. Not when in flight...
2021-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pajomota Posted at 7-30 15:11
I agree. Sometuing is wrong with my gimbal.  Holding it on my hand it holds straight and still until 45° on both sides. Not when in flight...

Did you see my latest gimbal test in 25mph gusts? with my replacement mini 2, watch it all as the main test is about halfway, I show the anemometer in the beginning so you can see the wind speeds
2021-7-30
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 7-27 18:50
Hi. No problem.  I had it in follow mode,  still it does this.
2021-9-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Look at the horizon indicator in the lower left corner. This happens when there is strong wind and the drone has to tilt hard to keep position. If you will yaw while watching the mini display, you will notice the lines get level. Check your video horizon at that time and it will be correct. Bottom line, there is nothing wrong other than wind.
2021-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules