Firmware glitch?
775 4 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2dsF1mPgAoVS
New
Flight distance : 54787 ft
United States

So we are 4 hours from home in historic Van Buren, Arkansas and I decide to take some shots. I connect my phone to controller and power up controller and 2S. I get a notice of firmware update. Rats, I don’t have time for this! But I download the update and then prepare to upload it to drone. But now I get a notice that the craft is no longer connected! I don’t have my manual so I call support and after 18 minutes I get the help to reconnect and I hang up. Power up again and the downloaded firmware is ready to upload. I hit upload and after a short time I get the notice “Upload failed”. What the hey???? I have now spent a solid hour and my drone still won’t fly! Is this typical experience for firmware updates? What if I had contracted to shoot a wedding? Or had a contractor waiting??? This is a fairly new drone I’ve flying WB maybe a half dozen times! Is there not an option to not accept a firmware update when you’re on deadline? Not happy with my grounded Air 2S. Didn’t get the vacation shots I wanted and the drone still won’t fly!
2021-7-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firmware updates are optional.  I personally would never do one when I’m on a trip or if I had an important shoot coming up immediately without a backup drone.
p.s. Sorry to hear of your challenges.  I hope you get it worked out soon.
2021-7-27
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

As noted above...updates should be postponed untill you don't NEED to fly and have WiFi, etc...As far as a "commercial/professional" use and having an update, any of that would be checked before going to any shoot/gig and anybody doing professional work without a back up is just asking for disappointment. Yes, the firmware update is a hassle but now you know when to do it.
2021-7-27
Use props
djiuser_2dsF1mPgAoVS
New
Flight distance : 54787 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 7-27 12:52
Firmware updates are optional.  I personally would never do one when I’m on a trip or if I had an important shoot coming up immediately without a backup drone.
p.s. Sorry to hear of your challenges.  I hope you get it worked out soon.

Got it worked out, thanks! Didn’t know updates were optional. I will think long and hard about accepting another one if I plan to fly any time soon!
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and thank you for reaching out. It is great to know that you were able to sort the issue out. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules