suddenly flyaway with no wind warning
479 10 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flymeover
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello flyin comunity..
so my second fly and it was sad flyaway.. can somebody with more experience than me tell what went wrong?  I tried attach error log..

So it was windy (my fault) and i was flying straight up no sport mode (my fault) it was hovering for sec and than I tried land, but there was no response..so I let my fingers from joystick and  suddenly mavic just fly away with super speed over huge rocks..find my drone app didnt help.. I just lost him.. so is it possible to tell from logs what happened? There is no warning about strong winds, just dont get it

Thank u all!

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/MNF0JGNMIZ9QI68D3VW4
Twitter
Facebook
[url=]Favorite[/url]
[url=]Like[/url]

2021-7-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your flight data isn't much help because you didn't wait for GPS before launching.
Without GPS the data is very poor with a lot of detail missing.
It's hard to match the data to the incident you described.

The flight data you posted was for a short flight (24 seconds) on July 22 near Palma.
Is that correct?

Your description of the incident sounds like a yaw error caused by launching from somewhere the compass was affected by steel nearby.
Can you describe the place you launched from?
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there flymeover. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. DJI will perform a data analysis service for products under warranty to determine the cause of the accident and provide the proper resolution. If it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again I am sorry your loss and thank you.
2021-7-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-27 15:39
Your flight data isn't much help because you didn't wait for GPS before launching.

yeah, never ever take-off w/o GPS outside.
2021-7-27
Use props
flymeover
lvl.1
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 7-27 15:39

The flight data you posted was for a short flight (24 seconds) on July 22 near Palma.
Is that correct?  Yes it is

It was just flat rock in the cove..just rocks and ocean everywhere...on top of rock beach house..

First it was like ok its windy but there is no windy warning in log so why he after hovering flyaway so fast and so suddenly
2021-7-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

flymeover Posted at 7-28 03:28
The flight data you posted was for a short flight (24 seconds) on July 22 near Palma.
Is that correct?  Yes it is

Perhaps it was just wind.
But without GPS, your drone couldn't  try to fight the wind, so there would be no tilt to let the flight controller know what the wind strength was, so no warnings were possible.

You really need to wait for GPS before launching.

2021-7-28
Use props
flymeover
lvl.1
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 7-28 07:12
But without GPS, your drone couldn't  try to fight the wind, so there would be no tilt to let the flight controller know what the wind strength was, so no warnings were possible.

I see.. Lesson learned.. thx
2021-7-28
Use props
flymeover
lvl.1
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 7-28 07:12

Hi, its me again,,Can I just ask you about waitin for GPS as you mentioned..
Logs says drone was p-gps in start so Im missing somethin else I guess

Im aware that without gps in ATTI mode drone just can drift with wind, but ATTI pop out at very end of fly
2021-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

flymeover Posted at 8-10 14:17
Hi, its me again,,Can I just ask you about waitin for GPS as you mentioned..
Logs says drone was p-gps in start so Im missing somethin else I guess

Logs says drone was p-gps in start so Im missing somethin else I guess.
That's a good question
You are right that the drone showed you that it was in P-GPS Mode, but that was incorrect.
You would have to ask DJI why that was, because I don't know (but I have seen this a few times lately).
I was looking deeper into the actual data.

Here is some of that data.
The number of satellites never exceeded 7.
The GPS Level (a measure of confidence in the GPS data, showed as 2 or 3 at first, and then zero.
For the drone to be in P-GPS Mode, the GPS Level has to be either 4 or 5.
The blue columns show that the flight controller had no confidence in the data  from the GPS receiver, as there is no position data.
And because there was no position data, no home point was recorded and the drone was unable to hold position once it was higher above ground, than the limited range of the VPS sensors.
M1.jpg
2021-8-10
Use props
flymeover
lvl.1
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 8-10 16:00
That's a good question
You are right that the drone showed you that it was in P-GPS Mode, but that was incorrect.

wow...thank you so much fot ur time.. I will definitely ask dji about gps issue
2021-8-11
Use props
flymeover
lvl.1
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 8-10 16:00
That's a good question

again big thx to u...DJI checked data..and it was mavic error.. mixed horizontal velocity data or position error and they sending replacement

Cheers to everyone
2021-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules