2278 9 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergio.paro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49537 ft
United States

Hi all,

I have a Mavic Mini and use a S20+ with it.

When I connect the controller to the phone (using the provided cable) and this starts charging, the controller suddenly turns off.

This happens with the drone on or off. All the firmware (drone and controller) are up to date.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Sérgio.

2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sérgio. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to share a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-7-27
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Unless something has changed neither the control ore your iPhone charge each other.
They both have to be charges separately.
2021-7-28
Use props
sergio.paro
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 21:05
Hello there Sérgio. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to share a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

You can see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGV-W7tSSeY

2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sergio.paro Posted at 7-29 11:42
Hi Stephen,

You can see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGV-W7tSSeY

Hi there sergio.paro. Thank you for the reply and for posting this video link. Can you please try to launch the DJI Fly application and try to connect and power on the said DJI remote controller to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.  
2021-8-1
Use props
fansbb7f1758
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-1 19:21
Hi there sergio.paro. Thank you for the reply and for posting this video link. Can you please try to launch the DJI Fly application and try to connect and power on the said DJI remote controller to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

Hi Sthepen,

Yes the behavior is the same with the DJI Fly opened prior to connecting the controller cable to the phone. I even bought another cable and the issue still persists.

I did a quick test with a friend's phone (using the mini-USB cable) and the controller doesn't turn off. So, probably is something with my phone, but, it used to work one week ago. :/

Sérgio.
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansbb7f1758 Posted at 8-2 05:05
Hi Sthepen,

Yes the behavior is the same with the DJI Fly opened prior to connecting the controller cable to the phone. I even bought another cable and the issue still persists.

Hi there Sérgio. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20+ ) that your are using on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. This might be the reason why you are having this issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-8-3
Use props
fansbb7f1758
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 21:24
Hi there Sérgio. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20+ ) that your are using on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. This might be the reason why you are having this issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hi Stephen, thanks for the reply. But this is really disappointing. I hope DJI can support S20+ for Mini in the near future.
2021-8-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansbb7f1758 Posted at 8-4 03:28
Hi Stephen, thanks for the reply. But this is really disappointing. I hope DJI can support S20+ for Mini in the near future.

Hi there Sérgio. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2021-8-5
Use props
fansbb7f1758
lvl.1
Brazil

Interesting enough the controller is working again with my S20+ after I've tried like 10 times in a row to connect the controller and the phone.

But I am expecting it to stop working again in a random event.
2021-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules