Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying Mavic Pro with Low Noise and Original Props Possible?
880 14 2021-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SBT86
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi all, quick question; I chipped a propeller on my Mavic Pro (the original 8330 props) and was wondering it if it was possible to replace that prop with the low noise 8331 ones? It's all I can find in the area I'm in (affordably) and I can't track down a full set to replace all props. In other words, would having mismatched propellers that are both compatible with the Pro work? My suspicion is no but thought someone here may have tried it.
2021-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dont run a mismatch of props.   
2021-7-27
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

Mavic Pro can use the Mavic Pro Platinum propellers, BUT it takes to update the gain values.
Now, since I'm at work now and I cannot connect to my drone, I can't check the values I used, but you can easily find them.

It should be Pitch Yaw and roll to 89. Vertical 100.
Please check around the internet, since this is critical.

This is an important step, otherwise the gimbal will vibrate!

2021-7-27
Use props
SBT86
lvl.1
Croatia

Mgozer Posted at 7-27 23:07
Mavic Pro can use the Mavic Pro Platinum propellers, BUT it takes to update the gain values.
Now, since I'm at work now and I cannot connect to my drone, I can't check the values I used, but you can easily find them.

But would mismatching Mavic Pro and Platinum props be possible? Like if I had two of each? My guess is no as the previous reply mentioned but thanks for mentioning the gain values since I'll likely have to track down more Platinum props!
2021-7-27
Use props
SBT86
lvl.1
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 7-27 22:56
Dont run a mismatch of props.

Makes sense, absolutely, I figured they might be "close enough" but yea I'll try to track down the originals or get 4 low noise props. Thank you!
2021-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SBT86. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above by DAFlys it is not advisable to fly your DJI Mavic Pro with mismatch propellers of compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.  
2021-7-27
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

SBT86 Posted at 7-27 23:10
But would mismatching Mavic Pro and Platinum props be possible? Like if I had two of each? My guess is no as the previous reply mentioned but thanks for mentioning the gain values since I'll likely have to track down more Platinum props!

no, the Propellers must be the very same type.
In addition I strongly suggest to use original DJI propellers only.
2021-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SBT86 Posted at 7-27 23:12
Makes sense, absolutely, I figured they might be "close enough" but yea I'll try to track down the originals or get 4 low noise props. Thank you!

If the props have been on for a while its worth replacing the set,  they slowly deform through use and a set of props aren't expensive.
2021-7-27
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Genuine dji propellers for the original Mavic Pro are becoming very difficult to source, I bought 3 complete sets a year ago as I could see what was happening.
The low noise propellers are fine for your Mavic Pro, I have had them on for over a year with no problems.
What you must NOTdo is buy the cheap knock offs, you will will Crash,
Hope you find some genuine props.
2021-7-28
Use props
SBT86
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 23:17
Hello there SBT86. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above by DAFlys it is not advisable to fly your DJI Mavic Pro with mismatch propellers of compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

Cheers for the input, I'll certainly be taking that advice!
2021-7-28
Use props
SBT86
lvl.1
Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 7-27 23:18
If the props have been on for a while its worth replacing the set,  they slowly deform through use and a set of props aren't expensive.

Oh it's definitely not an expense issue, I just can't find Mavic Prop props in Croatia and getting them shipped from anywhere else adds a hefty fee (so I guess it is kind of an expense issue haha)
2021-7-28
Use props
SBT86
lvl.1
Croatia

UKMoose Posted at 7-28 02:15
Genuine dji propellers for the original Mavic Pro are becoming very difficult to source, I bought 3 complete sets a year ago as I could see what was happening.
The low noise propellers are fine for your Mavic Pro, I have had them on for over a year with no problems.
What you must NOTdo is buy the cheap knock offs, you will will Crash,

Yea, that's the problem I'm facing, tough to find those old ones. Will absolutely buy genuine though once I can track them down, thank you!
2021-7-28
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

SBT86 Posted at 7-28 08:50
Yea, that's the problem I'm facing, tough to find those old ones. Will absolutely buy genuine though once I can track them down, thank you!

These propellers seem to have a good following, I have no  experience with them, but they are the ones I would buy if I had to.
https://www.masterairscrew.com/p ... propellers-x4-black
2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SBT86 Posted at 7-28 08:47
Cheers for the input, I'll certainly be taking that advice!

Hi there SBT86. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquires or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-7-29
Use props
Specky
New

Canada

UKMoose Posted at 7-28 10:10
These propellers seem to have a good following, I have no  experience with them, but they are the ones I would buy if I had to.
https://www.masterairscrew.com/products/dji-mavic-pro-pro-platinum-upgrade-propellers-x4-black

This is a good propeller company. I have been using their props since the 90's on my RC planes. Wood, nylon, aluminum. I have 2 sets of the stealth props in orange for my Mavic Air 2.
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules