Firmware request - Filenaming
782 8 2021-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

May I suggest that DJI needs to implement the option to change the file names of its files.

It is a pain in the @ss to work with several DJI devices that all use the same naming convention with no option to change the standard filename.

Working with DJI Pocket 2 and a DJI drone makes the need for being really carefull to where you put your files on your HDD while working on a video.
2021-7-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

This has been already reported over 6 months ago and no firmware upgrades since then at all.
2021-7-28
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

Aavalaakso Posted at 7-28 03:56
This has been already reported over 6 months ago and no firmware upgrades since then at all.

Agree while this is a very annoying problem.
Nearly lost half my files. I was only just in time to rescue a project due to this.All while it could easily have been avoided if we could only change the default filenaming.

It looks to me like DJI either doesn't understand the problem or are unwilling to solve it.
2021-7-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

GregT. Posted at 7-28 03:58
Agree while this is a very annoying problem.
Nearly lost half my files. I was only just in time to rescue a project due to this.All while it could easily have been avoided if we could only change the default filenaming.

All Sony cameras and other cameras can have continuous numbering. My other camera can even select the type and format of filenaming.

In my opinion in 2021 it is very poor software engineering that you cant change this kind of simple thing.

Anyways it seems they abandoned Pocket 2 already and making more and more similar drones to sell. No software support like Pocket 1 had.
2021-7-28
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I cant believe in this day and age this would even be an issue. Its not like it needs extra hardware or processing power to change the file naming. DJI need to either hire extra software engineers or better ones. Its little things like this that can drive customers to the competition.
2021-7-28
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I cant believe in this day and age this would even be an issue. Its not like it needs extra hardware or processing power to change the file naming. DJI need to either hire extra software engineers or better ones. Its little things like this that can drive customers to the competition.
2021-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlanHd Posted at 7-28 05:21
I cant believe in this day and age this would even be an issue. Its not like it needs extra hardware or processing power to change the file naming. DJI need to either hire extra software engineers or better ones. Its little things like this that can drive customers to the competition.

Agree 100%.  I couldn't have said it better.
2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GregT. Good day and thank you for posting these information and request here at DJI Forum. This request has been forwarded to the designated DJI department. Thank you.
2021-7-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Try working with gopro-files, they are a total mess with file-naming.
DJI have atleast 01..05 and so on.
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules