Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fix the compatibility with S21 Ultra!
865 6 2021-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OMG do something, what on earth! Do you think that the people that are using Android are not ao many?
FIX IT!
2021-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is there are so many different phone manufacturers using a customized version of the Android OS that it is difficult for DJI to test all of them.  Whereas, CrApple phones use a proprietary software that runs across all (or most) of their phones.  Easier for DJI to test their software on iOS phones for compatibility.  However, I agree that DJI should be able to keep up with at least the major manufacturers Flagship Phones.  
2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Rest assured that this thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further attention and in addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Drone and for the DJI applications. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-7-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's not Android ... most Android users are having no problems.

Samsung keep using new Exynos chips for some of their new models in some markets.
It's the phones with those chips that have the problem.
If Samsung want to do odd things with their phones, why is that DJI's problem?
Have a chat to Samsung and suggest they keep things standard.
2021-7-29
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Labroides Posted at 7-29 22:05
It's not Android ... most Android users are having no problems.

Samsung keep using new Exynos chips for some of their new models in some markets.

Same issues with iphone 12 pro max. Any if you do mot.like inovation you can go ahead and install win 95 ,so you can be on the safe side.
2021-7-31
Use props
fans8d9499c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-29 17:09
The problem is there are so many different phone manufacturers using a customized version of the Android OS that it is difficult for DJI to test all of them.  Whereas, CrApple phones use a proprietary software that runs across all (or most) of their phones.  Easier for DJI to test their software on iOS phones for compatibility.  However, I agree that DJI should be able to keep up with at least the major manufacturers Flagship Phones.

I did not asked for official support of a not known Android phone. I requested support for the S21 ultra. Check it out. There is not easy and hard. DJI sells a product, the software that acompanies it should be compatible at least with the newest flagship phones. Iphone 12 pro max, will be replaced by Apple in a month, max 2 months wait to see the new problems that will arise with the new iphone. Fyi I have the iphone 12 pro max as well and i have glitches which makes it not safe to fly. I am flying with my old S8 to feel comfortable.
2021-7-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans8d9499c7 Posted at 7-31 04:47
I did not asked for official support of a not known Android phone. I requested support for the S21 ultra. Check it out. There is not easy and hard. DJI sells a product, the software that acompanies it should be compatible at least with the newest flagship phones. Iphone 12 pro max, will be replaced by Apple in a month, max 2 months wait to see the new problems that will arise with the new iphone. Fyi I have the iphone 12 pro max as well and i have glitches which makes it not safe to fly. I am flying with my old S8 to feel comfortable.

I requested support for the S21 ultra. Check it out. There is not easy and hard. DJI sells a product, the software that acompanies it should be compatible at least with the newest flagship phones.
You can request it, but it takes time.
This happened with a previous "flagship" Samsung where they supplied it with a Qualcom CPU for part of the world and an Exynos processor for other countries.
The phone with the Qualcom chip gave no problem, but it took a few months fro DJI to make changes to their app to work with the Exynos.
It's likely that they will look into the matter and try to get things to work with Samsung's new Exynos chip, but that doesn't happen overnight.
To expect otherwise is unrealistic.
2021-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules