3623 5 2021-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erdal YILMAZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7470 ft
Turkey

Hi,

I could not find maximum takeoff weight that is officially announced/advised by DJI for Mini 2. It is obviously not 249 grams, only the official propeller guard will put you over 250 grams. I've lifted of with a total of 510 grams successfully but I wonder if there is an official limit that DJI advises.

Thanks.
2021-7-28
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

About 500g or so, there are some tests on YT.
2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Erdal YILMAZ. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Mini 2's Takeoff Weight is at < 249 g ( The standard weight of the aircraft (including battery, propellers, and a microSD card) is 242 grams. Actual product weight may vary. Registration is not required in some countries and regions. Check local rules and regulations before use. These specifications have been determined through tests conducted with the latest firmware. Firmware updates can enhance performance, so updating to the latest firmware is highly recommended. ). In addition, if accessories are mounted to the DJI Mini 2, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode fro enhanced safety. Thank you.
2021-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems about 283 grams of payload (plus the drones weight that seems to vary.).  
2021-7-28
Use props
Erdal YILMAZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7470 ft
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-28 21:38
Hello there Erdal YILMAZ. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Mini 2's Takeoff Weight is at < 249 g ( The standard weight of the aircraft (including battery, propellers, and a microSD card) is 242 grams. Actual product weight may vary. Registration is not required in some countries and regions. Check local rules and regulations before use. These specifications have been determined through tests conducted with the latest firmware. Firmware updates can enhance performance, so updating to the latest firmware is highly recommended. ). In addition, if accessories are mounted to the DJI Mini 2, it is recommended to enable the Payload Mode fro enhanced safety. Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

Thanks. I need to know the maximum weight Mini 2 can handle with the Payload Mode on. I live in Turkey and to register the drone, I need to declare maximum weight Mini 2 can handle officially. Since the takeoff weight is declared as <249 grams, the government takes that into account and does not register my drone.

Why I want to register? Because it is easier to request flight permissions when you have a registered drone. Please don't ask why   Also, I am designing several LEGO spaceships on top of Mini 2, via snap adapter, to have some more fun and some of them are taking the weight of Mini 2 over 500 grams. I don't want to strain the drone just to have a little more fun

2021-7-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Erdal YILMAZ Posted at 7-29 00:18
Hello Stephen,

Thanks. I need to know the maximum weight Mini 2 can handle with the Payload Mode on. I live in Turkey and to register the drone, I need to declare maximum weight Mini 2 can handle officially. Since the takeoff weight is declared as

Very cool setup.  
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules