RS2 with Nikon Z7ii causes black screen on Raveneye
1426 4 2021-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveGermany
lvl.1
Germany

When I use the Raveneye on my RS2 with the Nikon Z7ii I get a black screen on my mobile when using frame rates of 100p or 120p. I tried all kinds of HDMI out options on the cam but no help.
When using action shots with active track you would rather use high frame rates than low. So imo it would be essential to have high framerates with the Raveneye.

The compatibility page says:

When using ① cable:
1.How to set up focus pull: Enter the live view of the camera, set the lens focus mode to AF, and set the camera focus mode to AF-S.
2.For some camera models, peaking highlights are only displayed in MF mode. To use focus pull with the focus wheel, the camera needs to be set to AF mode. As a result, peaking highlights cannot be displayed when using these camera models.

3.There will be HDMI output from the camera when the frame rate is set to 100 fps or above.
4. The gimbal will supply power to the camera when the camera is powered off (when the camera is using an EN-EL15b battery).

btw. same info for the Z7 and Z7ii
What am I doing wrong?

2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Steve, sorry for the confusion caused. Just to clarify, due to camera firmware limitation, there will not be HDMI output with 100fps or above, which means there is no HDMI output for the external monitor and RavenEye when the frame rate is set to the said parameters. You may use the lower frame rate to use RavenEye.
I will also report the issue on the Notice section on our website. Apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2021-7-28
Use props
SteveGermany
lvl.1
Germany

just to make sure - is it correct that there is no way using action tracking on high frame rates with a Nikon Z7 or Nikon Z7ii?

If this is the case then my whole invest of 5000,-$ for Nikon and Ronin turns out to be completely USELESS. Who would do action shots with 60p?
Why is this ESSENTIAL information not CLEARLY stated in the compatibility list? I checked this in advance before buying the Nikon and the Ronin and there were only green checks for the Z7ii. What is such a list good for? Can you imagine how p********* I am???????????? 5000$ !!!!!!!!!!!! 5000!!!!!! and too late to return this to the vendor now....

2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SteveGermany Posted at 7-29 00:04
just to make sure - is it correct that there is no way using action tracking on high frame rates with a Nikon Z7 or Nikon Z7ii?

If this is the case then my whole invest of 5000,-$ for Nikon and Ronin turns out to be completely USELESS. Who would do action shots with 60p?

Hi Steve, we are sorry for any inconvenience. There may not be a way to realize tracking with 100fps or above. The limitation is due to the camera firmware. Apologize again for the situation.
2021-7-30
Use props
Marco Magielse
New
Netherlands

It seems that Nikon is not DJI's favorite companion. Steve's anger is understandable. There is hardly any information about Nikon in combination with the RS2. Last year I read that the Nikon D5 would be compatible to the RS2, but now I have both items it turns out to be very hard getting the right cables and getting it set up. The charger problem (or rather, there isn't a charger in the box) was solved rather quickly, but getting the right cables is pure torture. Do you know more about that, DJI Susan? And is there any source of information where I can get my combination fit for action?
2022-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules