Gimbal Smoothness
299 3 2021-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Dog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 633350 ft
United States

The gimball on my M2P is not moving smoothly.  Even during calibration, it is jerky.  While flying it will jump maybe 10 degrees when going from full stop to forward acceleration.  Also it sometimes will not go up beyond 10 degrees.   Is this normal and if not, is there a fix?  Thanks!!
2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rob Dog. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro was the a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? In addition, kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.
2021-7-28
Use props
Rob Dog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 633350 ft
United States

Hi Stephen.  No .... no hard crashes with the Mavic 2.  This started after traveling and I had it in a case with gimbal cover on.  As for the calibration, that is one place when I notice the issue is watching the gimbal DURING the calibration.  It rotates smoothly some of the time and jerks others.  I do have Care Refresh for it and just need to know if I should file a repair order and send it in.
Thanks again!!
2021-7-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check for smoothness of movement while powered off. If not smooth, you may have some foreign particles in the gimbal bearings. Grains of sand is a possibility. Sometimes compressed air can be successful in removing that.
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules