Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-28 04:11
No I am certain one of the covenants to being accepted as a Beta Tester for the Autoflight app was  ...

GB
Check this out

Rich

2015-7-27
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-28 08:50
Hey GB

This is not the DJI beta test and is a separate third party App supplier. They did not put ...

Farn, Rich ...

Thanks for clarifying.  I know the guy from Autoflight Logic posted a while back asking what we would like to see, so as you say there may be other functions coming out at a later date closer to the release.

Still good to have some healthy competition for DJI and alternatives for us, lets hope its not too expensive when released.

Rich,
I think you are wise not to fly in windy conditions whilst beta testing.
2015-7-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Rich,

Just viewed your Orbit mode.  Were you controlling and adjusting the altitude and horizontal distance from the centre point/controller location during flight.   Can you set the aircraft speed ?
2015-7-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

offshorecl1 Posted at 2015-7-29 02:13
Hi Rich, in orbit mode, how flies inspire? with the nose always directed towards the center? or i ...

Jo
The camera will be directed toward the subject in the center as it flies around the pattern. You can adjust this with the sliders shown in the video. You can change the focus (camera shot) it can be focused on the subject or in a direction or manual (pilot control of the gimbal)

I will post a screen shot of the App in Orbit mode.

Rich
2015-7-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-29 03:34
Hey Rich,

Just viewed your Orbit mode.  Were you controlling and adjusting the altitude and horiz ...

Yes, this is demoed in this video. I will post some screen shots of the App ... This way you can see some of the features.

Rich
2015-7-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

offshorecl1 Posted at 2015-7-29 09:57
Thanks Rich, I look out for the screen shot, regards

OK I have attached some of the screen shots to show the settings for Orbit, Hover, Zipline and one showing the program view while connected to the Inspire with the camera in the grass.

Rich

image4.png image3.png image2.png image1.png
2015-7-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Has there been anymore testing to report?

It was 109*F the past few days and I have grounded my Inspire until it cools down.

Rich
2015-7-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

We just received the 25 build update with lots of new stuff from our feedback. Installed it tonight and waiting to a chance to try it out. Anyone else running this yet?

Hope to report soon

Rich
2015-7-31
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-1 13:22
We just received the 25 build update with lots of new stuff from our feedback. Installed it tonight  ...

Thanks for the updates Rich!!  Any idea on a release date?
2015-7-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-8-1 15:55

No release date has been said, they have been working hard on the new changes from the beta team feedback.  Pretty cool so far. look at the screen shot showing the map is now in the settings window. Makes setting up the flight much easier because you can see what you are getting.

IMG_6094.png

You can now see your flight count on the main window for each feature. We have forest fires and heavy smoke in our area, so  I am not sure I will be able to test it this weekend.

RIch
2015-8-1
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-8-1 15:55

Autopilot will be released as soon as DJI releases the new firmware which supports the SDK for the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3. Check out the FAQ if you haven't already: http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/support
2015-8-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

autoflightlogic Posted at 2015-8-2 03:59
Autopilot will be released as soon as DJI releases the new firmware which supports the SDK for the ...

Thank you for the great product and hopefully I will get a chance to try out the new additions. I really like it so far and have not had any issues other than my learning curve.
I was one of the beta testers that requested the default map change..... Thank you!

Rich
2015-8-1
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

autoflightlogic Posted at 2015-8-2 03:59
Autopilot will be released as soon as DJI releases the new firmware which supports the SDK for the ...

Please clarify your FAQ entry for me;

Which firmware does Autopilot support?
Autopilot only supports the firmware that is available for download in Flight School. If you have a newer version of the firmware, Autopilot will probably not function and there is no known way to downgrade at this time. The firmware that DJI is distributing as part of their beta test may not be compatible with Autopilot.

Scenario 6 months from now DJI releases a firmware update and now AutoFlightLogic app may not work until AutoFlightLogic releases an update. The firmware and app must be synchronized. Is that correct?
2015-8-1
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-2 01:00
No release date has been said, they have been working hard on the new changes from the beta team fe ...

Great!! Can you expand the map to full screen?

I can't wait to use the app. I tend not be on the forefront of using a new application like this. Instead I wait until others flesh out any major issues.

2015-8-1
Use props
sstsg6377
lvl.1

United States

Great video can't wait for the app. What part of Oregon are you from I live in Salem
2015-8-2
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-2 01:00
No release date has been said, they have been working hard on the new changes from the beta team fe ...

The fires suck where do you live Rich,  I almost got burnt out a few years ago here in the mountains of NM.
I feel for you, The last fire drove us nuts the "authorities" first shut our Electric off trying to run us out and when that didn't work they shut off the phones , and set up road blocks, The Insanity of these SOBs drove us nuts for over a month,  We could not leave the property for supplies or we wouldn't be allowed back.   Everyone's animals that left and got caught out died and all of our food was ruined in everyone's refrigerators and freezers. I have never gotten over it, and I never will. I have no respect for any of these authoritarian bastards.  They refused to help us. Sorry about the unrelated rant.
2015-8-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-8-2 15:37
Great!! Can you expand the map to full screen?

I can't wait to use the app. I tend not be on the  ...

Mr. Outlander

So far, I have not found the way to make the camera full screen. This maybe something they will add later. I just tried to fly and had about 25 feet of visibility before the smoke was to much for both the Inspire and me.

I could not get the camera to pan after the update. I went into the DJI app and everything was working. I might have missed something because my mind is preoccupied with the hot weather and forest fire smoke in the region.
The app is pretty awesome and I am sure that most folks will like using the features.
Rich
2015-8-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sstsg6377@aol.c Posted at 2015-8-2 21:57
Great video can't wait for the app. What part of Oregon are you from I live in Salem

Hello SSTSG

Thank you, I am in southern Oregon near grants pass.  Hopefully you do not have any fires up north..... It is pretty bad between the fires in Oregon and California with the smoke rolling into our area.

Rich
2015-8-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-3 02:40
The fires suck where do you live Rich,  I almost got burnt out a few years ago here in the mountai ...

Wow that sounds terrible. We do not have it quite that bad. Our valley fills up with smoke and then this causes a temperature inversion. The smoke hangs so thick you cant breath outside. Hopefully the weather is changing and the winds will blow away the smoke to give us a break.

Thanks
Rich
2015-8-2
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-3 05:37
Wow that sounds terrible. We do not have it quite that bad. Our valley fills up with smoke and the ...

Hey Rich
I have a question for you,  I have posted this several times and haven't gotten a response,  I read, I think someone was stating that they had this problem also since they upgraded firmware. The problem is,  this:  My Inspire when it takes off raises the landing gear at about 4.6 ft. above the ground, this is fine , but when landing if I allow it to automatically deploy landing gear it does not lower until I am 2.3 ft. above the ground. I have to pause and let the gear become fully deployed before I can continue to land.  I have never tried the auto land I am afraid it would ram my camera into the ground.  What if it was to be far away broke signal, low battery and landed on its own would it destroy my camera? Question is have you noticed that, and does the new firmware address that.  I dont see how it could be a hardware problem my barometric altitude sensor is fairly accurate and the vps system kicks in at about 10 feet, when I am descending, the bird knows it is descending and has picked the ground up on vps at ten feet why does it not lower the gear at that point? does the new firmware act any differently in this matter ?
2015-8-2
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-3 08:18
Hey Rich
I have a question for you,  I have posted this several times and haven't gotten a respons ...

I might be able to answer some of this for you.

I too notice that the gear does not come down until about 2 1/2 to 3 ft. I have to pause as well.

I did my first return to home yesterday. It went well as the quad also paused to allow the gear down. It did land harder than I would have though.
2015-8-2
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

Hey Rich
I have a question for you,  I have posted this several times and haven't gotten a respons ...

Give the auto-land option a try. I use it a lot and it lands nice and easy, no bounces or hard landings. I generally activate it from 4-8 ft from the ground.
2015-8-2
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-8-2 15:34
Please clarify your FAQ entry for me;

Which firmware does Autopilot support?

It is possible that DJI will release firmware that is not compatible with previous versions of the SDK, at which point yes, the app would need to be updated. Let's hope that don't do that.
2015-8-3
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

autoflightlogic Posted at 2015-8-3 22:50
It is possible that DJI will release firmware that is not compatible with previous versions of the ...

It wouldn't be an issue for me because I use my I1 for personal use. However, people that use the I1 professionally would need to understand that on rare occurrences, this may happen.

I'm still looking forward to the release of your app and understand its dependent upon DJI firmware release.
2015-8-3
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-8-3 15:43
Give the auto-land option a try. I use it a lot and it lands nice and easy, no bounces or hard lan ...

Hey thanks I tried the auto land it does work fine I guess my camera is safe for now,  My Inspire seems to work as it should.
2015-8-3
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

remltr Posted at 2015-8-3 12:50
I might be able to answer some of this for you.

I too notice that the gear does not come down un ...

My I1 works the same I believe everything is alright. I tried auto land the gear deploys fine. thanks for the help.
2015-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey Rich

I see that remltr and outlander has helped you out.
Since the last firmware update, the sensors let the T1 get closer to the ground now without lowering the landing gear. This is so you can take videos down low without the gear getting in the way. I like the feature myself and cant wait until they enable the slider switch to turn the gear cycling off. At some point we need to learn to fly this thing for ourselves without big brother watching over us.  

You will not have any issues with the auto landing feature, however I have never used it.

The Beta DJI firmware we are using only allows the SDK for the third party apps to control the Inspire. I did not notice anything different with the functions or controls.

Rich
2015-8-3
Use props
AAM
lvl.1

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-4 11:28
Since the last firmware update, the sensors l ...

Hey Rich if you go to settings you can toggle off the inline controls in Autopilot. This will allow to have full screen camera or map with just a touch of an icon.  I really wish they would scrap the home page completely and start the program in the dashboard. Now that they've updated the app, the home screen is redundant and unnecessary. All of the mode controls should be available as an icon or menu from the dashboard screen.

What do you think?
2015-8-3
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-4 11:28
Since the last firmware update, the sensors l ...

Great that makes sense,  I was just concerned that under certain situations that the camera could be rammed into the ground,  I use the manual feature of course.
2015-8-4
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

So DJI just released firmware 1.3 but it doesn't contain the SDK code needed to run the AutoPilot app, as per Autopilot website. Bummer!  Does that mean we will have to wait for another 3 months for DJI to release a new firmware in order to see the app release? In was this past May when the last firmware was released. That means we may see the app in Thanksgiving?
2015-8-4
Use props
Outlander0088
lvl.3

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-3 03:21
Mr. Outlander

So far, I have not found the way to make the camera full screen. This maybe somethi ...

Rich,
My father was Mr. Outlander. You can call me Newbie!

2015-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AAM Posted at 2015-8-4 13:29
Hey Rich if you go to settings you can toggle off the inline controls in Autopilot. This will allo ...

AAM
Great thanks for the tip, I think they will continue to make the App better before releasing it from Beta.
Now that DJI has released the new DJI Go app and 1.3 firmware, Autoflight is warning us that it might be incompatible with their SDK.  

I frankly have not used the new Go app much yet on my phone, but I do not like the fact you cannot get into the settings or open the model dashboard anymore. Adding the forum, store and video editing is nice but this is quite a change.

Rich

2015-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Outlander0088 Posted at 2015-8-5 05:52
So DJI just released firmware 1.3 but it doesn't contain the SDK code needed to run the AutoPilot ap ...

This is becoming crazy!

I hope they will sort this out soon!!!

Rich
2015-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

All reading this beta thread, do not upgrade to the new firmware if you are using this app. They just released the build 26 update today and fixed a lot of stuff.  So keep using the beta firmware to be able to connect to the Inspire for the rest of the testing. I will post the fixes for the new build release as soon as I can.

Rich

image1.png
2015-8-5
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-25 13:01
I would like to try orbit, hover, blackbox and Zipline. I frankly would rather have these features ...

Hover?  Mine does that stock, just let go of the controls in gps mode, it will then hover, lol!
2015-8-5
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-6 12:31
Hover?  Mine does that stock, just let go of the controls in gps mode, it will then hover, lol!

Hover is much more than staying at one location. It is basically real-time waypoint mode in the sense that you can drag-and-drop the mark at any time and the aircraft will fly to the new location as you go.

Here is a video showing an example:

2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

autoflightlogic Posted at 2015-8-7 05:18
Hover is much more than staying at one location. It is basically real-time waypoint mode in the se ...

ah, very cool!  Thats a long awaited feature for many people.  You should rename it to waypoint mode though, Hover is very misleading and implies no movement, hence my confusion.
2015-8-6
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Calling it waypoint mode would be deceptive as it doesn't allow for multiple waypoints, but open to other suggestions.
2015-8-6
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

I think we are leaning towards calling it Target
2015-8-6
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

Just release build 27 with Target Mode.