USB extender
3216 14 2021-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

So why this setup doesn't work? Type C in the remote (cable support data transfer to the PC for sure) +15cm microusb OTG cable to the phone (cable support data transfer to the phone for sure, i use this for my HDMI capture adapter too..)But Fly app doesn't start, phone doesn't see my Mini2. Why? Is the official short cable a special one? Different pins?
(the reason for extension, i like to use the phone in a DIY goggle)

aa.jpg

2021-7-29
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

some are power only and don't carry data .... I finally, on my 3rd try, got a cable that works.   There's a custom one on amazon titled;  " Hanatora 11.8 Inch USB C to USB C Remote Controller Cable for DJI Mini 2/Air 2S/Mavic Air 2,Nylon Braided 1FT OTG Tablet Phone Extension RC Data Cord " .
I'd say your cable/s are power only, not for data, at least with the FlyApp .... hopefully when you get the right cable, they have fixed the app for android.

2021-7-29
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Cables are definetly not power only! I use both for data transfer.
DJI pins are different? Use more than 4 pin? That's what i like to know, to be honest.
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The OTG cable has two wires shorted by a suitable resistor inside. This is different from the usual.
2021-7-29
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

So my 15cm OTG cable is the problem?
I have a type c - type c cable too. Should i use this with a typec to microusb adapter?
That will work? (No OTG in the path)
2021-7-29
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Where's your cable in the RC?
2021-7-29
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

Sorry? You see on the picture that i use the upper usb port on the remote, not the bottom one of course.
If u ask the cable, as i remember this is from Osmo Action typeC cable, but i tried gopro type-c cable too without luck.
Both support data transfer from the cam to my PC.
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The cable you have is a standard OTG USB cable to power the peripheral device, but from the smartphone side. The USB OTG cable from DJI is a custom cable for powering a smartphone via RC.
2021-7-29
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

"The cable you have is a standard OTG USB cable to power the peripheral device"

And to tranfer data of course.

"cable from DJI is a custom cable"

Thanks, so i have to buy a DJI cable

2021-7-29
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Hungary

If i need a DJI cable, why my Mavic Air remote does work from the bottom USB port with a single, cheap microusb cable?!
Something changed with Mini2 remote?
2021-7-29
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

relaxosmo Posted at 7-29 06:14
So my 15cm OTG cable is the problem?
I have a type c - type c cable too. Should i use this with a typec to microusb adapter?
That will work? (No OTG in the path)

I just plugged a standard usb c to usb c cable, everthing works, so the DJI cable is standard for usb c to usb c. I have a micro usb male to usb c female adaptor that I also tried with my Tab S2 older tablet and that also worked. So you need a usb c to micro usb cable and you should be up and running, or an adaptor, Good luck.
20210729_185352.jpg
2021-7-29
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Yeh OTG is for usb hard drive, pendrive etc !!  Any usb C to micro Usb will work?

2021-7-29
Use props
Ruzhye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

I use an extension for a lightning cable, but haven’t tried USB-C or mini.
2021-7-29
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI power cable, USB to USB C is prob just power only
The Control cable is power and data.

If you want a USB 3 to USB C cable that does power and data then you will need to buy any cable that states power and data.
I think thats any data cable is power as well, but not every power cable is data
2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there relaxosmo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. Since this is a 3rd party cable for the DJI Mini 2 remote controller. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have used the said cable.  Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend to use 3rd party cables to connect your mobile device to your DJI remote controller. There is a possibility that these 3rd party cabled will be able work but however, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party cables if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules