assistant dat file for mavic 2 - encrypt
2188 9 2021-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mirhoda
New

Germany

Hi. Dear professors, please help us. I have downloaded a dat file for the history of one of my flights with mavic 2 pro by Assistant. Because its encrypted information is not visible. Please tell me how I can translate or decode it
2021-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-7-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know ONLY DJI can decrypt the DATs on/off the drone.......but..... if you are using an RC1A controller there should be a DAT folder on the screen device and there should be DAT's in there. The folder would be found in the FlightRecords folder of the app. Instructions for downloading it are given on the site to which "DAFlys" provided the link.
The RC1B controller does not create a DAT log and I do not know what logs the smart controller creates.
Mike Singer (msinger) has released a new piece of software that can read some encrypted DJI logs, see https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 14475/#post-1291363 , but I do not know if it can decrypt the logs off the drone.
2021-7-30
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-30 09:30
As far as I know ONLY DJI can decrypt the DATs on/off the drone.......but..... if you are using an RC1A controller there should be a DAT folder on the screen device and there should be DAT's in there. The folder would be found in the FlightRecords folder of the app. Instructions for downloading it are given on the site "DAFlys" provided the link to.
The RC1B controller does not create a DAT log and I do not know what logs the smart controller creates.
Mike Singer (msinger) has released a new piece of software that can read some encrypted DJI logs, see https://mavicpilots.com/threads/assistant-2-question.114475/#post-1291363 , but I do not know if it can decrypt the logs off the drone.

Singer's Flight Reader software will read/decode the files...Windows only.
2021-7-30
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

If you use the RC1B, then you have the flight records on your phone under the DJI GO 4 ap and under FlightRecord and the .txt files for a specific flight which you can upload here. http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ where you also find the instructions.
2021-7-31
Use props
mirhoda
New

Iran

kyalami Posted at 7-31 06:51
If you use the RC1B, then you have the flight records on your phone under the DJI GO 4 ap and under FlightRecord and the .txt files for a specific flight which you can upload here. http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ where you also find the instructions.

The bird has been disconnected. I want to know what happened next.
2021-7-31
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

mirhoda Posted at 7-31 16:06
The bird has been disconnected. I want to know what happened next.

You should have all the details in the .txt files. So if you upload the .txt file for that time from your flight records there will be someone here who can help you.
2021-8-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 8-1 00:29
You should have all the details in the .txt files. So if you upload the .txt file for that time from your flight records there will be someone here who can help you.

I doubt data is recorded in the .txt flight log after the drone disconnected from the controller.
In most of the log analysis that I have seen, here or elsewhere, if the connection was lost or became intermittent there were gaps in the data coinciding with the periods of lost connection.

The DAT from the drone will be the only log that could cover the disconnected period
2021-8-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-1 13:06
I doubt data is recorded in the .txt flight log after the drone disconnected from the controller.
In most of the log analysis that I have seen, here or elsewhere, if the connection was lost or became intermittent there were gaps in the data coinciding with the periods of lost connection.

Yes, you are right, however it would not cost anything just to check the .txt files. You never know what you might see. Is DJI the only one that can check the .dat files? If so, then, could not the .dat file be sent to them?
2021-8-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 8-2 00:26
Yes, you are right, however it would not cost anything just to check the .txt files. You never know what you might see. Is DJI the only one that can check the .dat files? If so, then, could not the .dat file be sent to them?

All true, it would be interesting to see how DJI respond.
2021-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules