Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App Disconnects/Crashes but Remote stays connected to drone
2523 27 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weesy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49131 ft
Austria

Hello everyone!

I bought the DJI Mini 2 2 weeks ago and im very happy with it. There is just one Problem, which already happened 3 times, last time yesterday.
I was flying and the drone was maybe 70 Meters high and 50 meters away. Suddenly the App Crashed, when i restarted it, the App was completely disconnected from eveything (However this was the one time where the App crashed before, the other times were not App crashes but it just disconnected). Means not only the video signal was gone, i also had no control over the drone from the app. I tried restarting the controller, restarting the app and reconnecting my phone, but nothing helped. Only thing that Helped was to restart the drone, which is difficult in mid air. Thank god it was all 3 times in line of sight and the controller itself was connected. But i cant imagine what would happen if the drone is not in line of sight.

I just told my Story and wanted to know, if someone else has experienced the same Problem. How caan i prevent this or reconnect after something like this?
2021-7-30
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Welcome to the real world of DJI. You've just become a beta tester of the new DJIfly v.1.4.8 app. Change to v.1.4.4 and it will be fine.
2021-7-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What device are you using?
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Weesy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2021-7-30
Use props
amorias
lvl.2

Canada

Download and install App version 1.4.4 and your troubles will go away.

https://www.dji.com/ca/mini-2/downloads
2021-7-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Fly App V1.4.8 has issues that DJI has not yet addressed.  Most issues are for users that have an Android device attached.  I uninstalled V1.4.8 and reinstalled V1.4.4 and my issues went away.  

Although by now DJI must be aware of these issues no new Fly App version has been released.  
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

amorias Posted at 7-30 03:43
Download and install App version 1.4.4 and your troubles will go away.

https://www.dji.com/ca/mini-2/downloads

Thanks for the link, but i only see 1.4.8
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-30 02:51
Hello there Weesy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

alright, thank you. I had this problem 3 times. 2 times it was not near by anything. 1 time i was 20 meters away from a Train high Voltage cable.
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-30 02:51
Hello there Weesy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2  to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

And my Phone is the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 7-30 02:10
What device are you using?

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 7-30 02:01
Welcome to the real world of DJI. You've just become a beta tester of the new DJIfly v.1.4.8 app. Change to v.1.4.4 and it will be fine.

thanks! But where doi get 1.4.4?
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-30 04:24
DJI Fly App V1.4.8 has issues that DJI has not yet addressed.  Most issues are for users that have an Android device attached.  I uninstalled V1.4.8 and reinstalled V1.4.4 and my issues went away.  

Although by now DJI must be aware of these issues no new Fly App version has been released.

Thanks! Where can i get 1.4.4?
2021-7-30
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Weesy Posted at 7-30 13:26

Hi here is the link.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... -fly-1-4-4-release/
2021-7-30
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

Ph3onix Posted at 7-30 13:52
Hi here is the link.

Thank you!
2021-7-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"But i cant imagine what would happen if the drone is not in line of sight. "

You would press the RTH button. Have you read the manual yet?
2021-7-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weesy Posted at 7-30 13:26

I keep this link handy.  

DJI FLY APP Versions
2021-7-31
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

GaryDoug Posted at 7-30 17:45
"But i cant imagine what would happen if the drone is not in line of sight. "

You would press the RTH button. Have you read the manual yet?

-_- thats not the point of it. I dont even know, if RTH works when the mobil is completely disconnected. And this was not my question.
2021-7-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Weesy Posted at 7-31 03:43
-_- thats not the point of it. I dont even know, if RTH works when the mobil is completely disconnected. And this was not my question.

To give you a little confidence, if you turn off the phone and controller, after a few seconds the drone initiates RTH. There is a Youtube video where Windswept Robert flew his out 1 mile and turned off and disconnected his, then laid it on the ground. After a few minutes his Mini 2 landed right where he was standing. Just make sure you get a good home point and RTH altitude as soon as you go up.
2021-7-31
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-31 06:23
To give you a little confidence, if you turn off the phone and controller, after a few seconds the drone initiates RTH. There is a Youtube video where Windswept Robert flew his out 1 mile and turned off and disconnected his, then laid it on the ground. After a few minutes his Mini 2 landed right where he was standing. Just make sure you get a good home point and RTH altitude as soon as you go up.

Alright, Thanks for the information.  That now makes me confident
2021-7-31
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Is there a possibility that your connecting cable is not getting a solid connection. I was having similar problem because of the Otter cover I have on my I phone.
Ibis may not be your problem but I just thought you might need that to think about.
Doug
2021-7-31
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391752 ft
United States

This exact same thing has been happening on every single flight since the last update to me also, Mini2.

I also have a Samsung.  It was working perfectly prior.  I have 6 Flight Hours in 30 Flights, never an issue.

My phone is totally charged.  5 OEM Batteries, all totally charged.  I've tried 3 different "C" to "C" cables, thought and hoped it was that, it was not.

Changed any and all settings with Drone.  Searched online.  Cleared caches.  New memory card.

When this happened, RtH sometimes worked and sometimes did not.

Today I re-installed DJI Fly.  And it got WORSE.

After this last update, when I flew, their app would crash, black screen.  If I forced shut it down, or unplugged and replugged phone or controller in, it would reconnect.  This is while I'm 300' in the air!  Not comfortable with this.  It would still be recording, bringing it back up it was still in the middle of doing whatever it had been doing.  I started bringing it back at 40% battery and not flying anywhere but near my house, NOT why I bought this.

Today it went to black screen, again.  It's been doing it TWICE per every battery.  Reinstalled their app., next flight, within 5 minutes, black screen.  Except this time, it did not reconnect when I force closed their app.  Plugging and unplugging did nothing.  Not able to get it to reconnect.

And worse yet different, the screen STAYED BLACK.  I had NO Control of the Drone.  Luckily RtH finally worked, many tires, but you could't see a thing on the screen.  Brought Drone down, blind, left recording, there is nothing to see.  The screen stayed black.  Took the battery out, ended up here.

Also, even tho everything was maxed out and I'm just above my house, the locating signal in upper left just kept saying "Locating..." like it couldn't find the Drone.

Thank you for the answers to roll-back the Driver.  Hoping that this fixes it.
2021-7-31
Use props
Weesy
lvl.1
Austria

asylum23 Posted at 7-31 18:29
This exact same thing has been happening on every single flight since the last update to me also, Mini2.

I also have a Samsung.  It was working perfectly prior.  I have 6 Flight Hours in 30 Flights, never an issue.

finally someone who has the same problem. Whet happened, when RTH didnt work? How did you manage to safe it? I yesterday switched back to 1.4.4, only thing annoying is the popup, which tells me about a newer version. But i didnt experience any problems so far. Was probably flying 60 minutes with 1.4.4 yet, but its raining now
2021-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Weesy Posted at 7-30 13:25
And my Phone is the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G

Hi there Weesy. Thank you for the reply and for this information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to isolate the said issue? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A52 5G ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2021-8-2
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
United States

Weesy Posted at 8-1 03:40
finally someone who has the same problem. Whet happened, when RTH didnt work? How did you manage to safe it? I yesterday switched back to 1.4.4, only thing annoying is the popup, which tells me about a newer version. But i didnt experience any problems so far. Was probably flying 60 minutes with 1.4.4 yet, but its raining now

Good!  I'm glad it's working for you!  I too went to 1.4.4 and the same thing happened.

I went to 1.4.2 and the same thing happened.

I have tried 4 different phones, one brand new phone, the same thing happens.  5 OEM batteries, 4 cords, 3 memory sticks, the same thing is happening.

My Flight Logs show nothing wrong with Drone.  I think that means it must be the app., it doesn't really matter which version for me b/c it's happening on all of them.

Prior, I had NO trouble, never even a tiny problem with this Mini 2.  Now I can no longer use it.  14 hours troubleshooting flying it around my house (outside), not happy.
2021-8-2
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
United States

Weesy Posted at 8-1 03:40
finally someone who has the same problem. Whet happened, when RTH didnt work? How did you manage to safe it? I yesterday switched back to 1.4.4, only thing annoying is the popup, which tells me about a newer version. But i didnt experience any problems so far. Was probably flying 60 minutes with 1.4.4 yet, but its raining now

Oh, I've done 14 hours now of flying back visually.  With shaking hands and a tense jaw!

I've had to restart the app many times, plug and replug, over and over, app crashes, while in the air.  Wonder how the FAA will feel seeing any of this?  The RtH stopped working right after I first installed 1.4.8.  Never had any problem before.  Now I press the button or on the screen, nothing happens.  
2021-8-2
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 20:54
Hi there Weesy. Thank you for the reply and for this information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to isolate the said issue? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A52 5G ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

I have used FOUR phones, inc. ones on the DJI list.  ALL are having this issue.

I've rolled back the Driver to 1.4.4.  Same issue.  I've rolled back again to 1.4.2, same issue.

RtH stopped working immediately after the 1.4.8 install, now it no longer works at all, ever.  Doesn't matter where I fly.  5 OEM batteries, multiple cables, memory sticks, 100% all batteries, none of it fixes this problem.  Freezes, black screen and either goes to desktop, sits, does nothing, comes back, whatever.  It's doing this while the Drone is 250' up and however many feet away from me.  This is nothing I am doing, it's something with the app and/or controller.

I've spent 14 hours testing this.  Nothing fixes it.  SO gave me a brand new phone tonight, nothing on it, installed Fly app.  Sent up Drone.  5 minutes.  Black screen, it crashes.  My yard, I've flown here dozens of times.  The problem is absolutely DJI.  And I see this issue going back to 2018 with other models.  Thank you.
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_2LUArLDqnZvX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2253104 ft
Kazakhstan

asylum23 Posted at 7-31 18:29
This exact same thing has been happening on every single flight since the last update to me also, Mini2.

Hello. After changing the version of the program, did the black screen problem disappear or not? The dji fly program stuck with me today when the drone was at an altitude of 200 meters and 800 meters from the take-off point. Restarting the program did not help. The drone returned after activating Return to Home Mode ...
2021-8-4
Use props
Warthog 7006

United States

Today I lost my mini 2 because the dji app crashed. They need to fix this cannot fly my air 2 s because of fearing the same will happen
2021-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules