Can't update firmware on brand new drone
3628 11 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erkib
lvl.1
Australia

Hi

I received a new drone a week ago and I have still not been able to fly it. I have been trying every day to update the firmware (and FlyBase) but it ends up failing every time.

I have used the following phones: Pixel 2 XL, Iphone 7 Plus, Iphone 8, Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus. I have used it on WiFi and 4G. I have reinstalled the app many times. I don't know what else to do.

It downloads the firmware, gets to 40% (sometimes a bit further) and fails every time. Mostly its error codes -3005 and -4000.

Need some help on this one as I would really like (and need) to get this thing in the air.
2021-7-30
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

What happens if you try to fly without upgrading the firmware? Maybe the first flight will enable a successful download?
2021-7-30
Use props
erkib
lvl.1
Australia

Cheers for your input mate. Unfortunately it won't take off without getting the update first. I wouldnt care about the update at all if it did
2021-7-30
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

You have done more than enough to get that machine in the air. Return it to where you purchased it , and if not satisfied with outcome, get straight onto Dji and request a replacement under warranty, whether you have Dji care refresh or not.
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis as you already maximize all the possible troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-7-30
Use props
erkib
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks guys. I'll try and get onto support to get a replacement
2021-7-31
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you seen this?

Using DJI Assistant to Update Firmware
2021-8-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

erkib Posted at 7-30 04:57
Cheers for your input mate. Unfortunately it won't take off without getting the update first. I wouldnt care about the update at all if it did

Unfortunately it won't take off without getting the update first. I wouldnt care about the update at all if it did.

Did you try flying without updating first?
It would have flown perfectly.
2021-8-7
Use props
erkib
lvl.1
Australia

Hi yes I did. Like I said it wouldn't take off saying it needs an update first. I've already sent it back to DJI for a replacement. Fingers crossed the next one takes off
2021-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

erkib Posted at 8-7 05:03
Hi yes I did. Like I said it wouldn't take off saying it needs an update first. I've already sent it back to DJI for a replacement. Fingers crossed the next one takes off

Like I said it wouldn't take off saying it needs an update first.
And if it was like every other firmware update advice, you should have been anle to click the ignore option and flown normally.
2021-8-7
Use props
erkib
lvl.1
Australia

Unfortunately there was no such option. If there was any way to get around the update and fly the drone then I would have done it. I didnt take a screenshot of the homepage or the camera view but there was no option to Ignore. Only option I had was to Update or Retry. Screenshot_20210731-182459.png Screenshot_20210731-182446.png

2021-8-7
Use props
erkib
lvl.1
Australia

Thought I would just update the thread for anyone having similar issues. I made a claim to DJI Support, they had me ship the drone back to them and I was sent a new replacement drone a week later. The new drone was up and running in a few minutes after powering it on for the first time. So the first one must have had something seriously wrong with it! Thanks all
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules