Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

b9y Posted at 8-15 15:48
The sensor on the Air 2s is 1". And if the footage used noise removal software, then it's still false advertising.

oh wow it is, still though there will be noise with 1" under low-light that is what the Inspire 1/2 are for like the X5, but a way to lessen the noise is not to make the image so sharp.  Lower the sharpness.
2021-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 8-14 11:04
If you want less to no noise you need to get an M2P lol.  Air is a lower model than the M2P and to the Inspire 2.  To demand Inspire 2 clean footage of even M2P at Air 2S price is wrong imo.  Air 2S is not a successor to the M2P.  Just because it's DJIs newest released drone shouldn't cloud the fact it's sensor is not 1".

Even under low-light at that 0:26 vid you put, the M2P has some noise like that.

Noise levels in both Air2S and M2P should be almost the same, they are both 1” sensors so hence they let in exactly the same amount of light.
The difference in those two cameras are Colour Science and thats it.
2021-8-18
Use props
theblazingkaiju
New

France

b9y Posted at 2021-8-2 08:08
They said it was fine but I don't trust them.

Pan shot 26 seconds in, was taken with an ND8 filter:

Hey !
Wich profile you use ? Dlog ? Normal ? HGL ?
Thanks !
2022-1-1
Use props
MarvinFS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696204 ft
Russia

@AlexanderK @b9y hey guys any updates on that? I'm experiencing the very same issue with my Air2S - I thought It was my personal issue...

Side note - I didn't get the idea of that part of support engineer answer - "But if Camera is overexposed , then the ND filter will reduce the amount of incoming light and then cause more noise after correction."
Like what? overexposed settings and ND which reduces the lite to even the exposure introduces even more noise? what? From what I experienced with professional FX DSLRs and bunch of different filter's I've used over the years, it was never the case specifically applied to ND filters and exposure level.

On the other hand I've seen similar effects when once used cheap Aliexpress variable ND filter after several stops cranking down it introduced similar artifacts to the image. (still image)
So, when I found that effect on drone footage (shown on initial video footage with green hills), I initially thought that ND filters was sourced from the same Aliexpress vendor... but then again I've tried both original and freewell (or whatever it's called).. .seems (at lease visually) decent quality. but both still introduce such strange noise, as WITHOUT filter I don't experience such effects with correct exposure.

OR my second guess would be compression issues\bugs  (I've planned to try it in standard mode both with H.264 AND H.265 and the same in DLOG AND HGL)

So..
2022-1-7
Use props
Piwit
New

France

Hi guyz, I'm having the same problem here. Footages look great without ND but with them so many noise in dark areas. I thought it was because of the codec/ compression. I tried DLOG mp4 and mov, HLG mp4 and mov, still not working. Even with just the ND 8 I still got a lot lot of noise with iso100 and nothing on auto full manual during daylight with a lot of sun....
I sent my Air2s back to DJI, they gave me a new one, same problem.
I really can't understand, are we doing something wrong? Am I so unlucky to get 2 bad Air2s units in a row? The only thing I can think and I'll have to try it is recording directly internal, maybe it's the sd card? maybe we all have the same sd card and for some reason something happens ?
Did you get more informations about all this ? Topic was in 2021 and we're now in 2022 ...  
2022-1-11
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066709 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MarvinFS Posted at 1-7 15:44
@AlexanderK @b9y hey guys any updates on that? I'm experiencing the very same issue with my Air2S - I thought It was my personal issue...

Side note - I didn't get the idea of that part of support engineer answer - "But if Camera is overexposed , then the ND filter will reduce the amount of incoming light and then cause more noise after correction."

This is in the footage and once you spot it you'll see it in others clips as well. For personal videos it's fine for me. In other projects I'll use noise reduction. I've accepted that this drone just has this, It's still a fantastic drone for the money.
2022-1-13
Use props
MarvinFS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 696204 ft
Russia

AlexanderK Posted at 1-13 19:21
This is in the footage and once you spot it you'll see it in others clips as well. For personal videos it's fine for me. In other projects I'll use noise reduction. I've accepted that this drone just has this, It's still a fantastic drone for the money.

Yeah, I got it Alexander, just really weird DJI won't acknowledge the issue, this is clearly some issue with either encoder or compressor... Even for personal videos that's pretty annoying and given that majority of time you have very difficult contrasty lighting... I also use Davinci's NR but meh... Drone is fine, yes, although I personally now targeting FPVs... much more fun...
2022-1-17
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

MarvinFS Posted at 1-7 15:44
@AlexanderK @b9y hey guys any updates on that? I'm experiencing the very same issue with my Air2S - I thought It was my personal issue...

It's basically overexposure causes noise through terribly compression.

Yet DJI recognise this and won't fix it, weird.

2022-1-17
Use props
b9y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704751 ft
United Kingdom

theblazingkaiju Posted at 1-1 09:40
Hey !
Wich profile you use ? Dlog ? Normal ? HGL ?
Thanks !

Mostly HLG.
2022-1-17
Use props
Rolf Berge2
New

Norway

AlexanderK Posted at 2021-7-31 05:54
yeah but thats a nonsens reply. My mini 2 produces less noise than the Air2s. This is very visual noise, something I haven't seen in a Phantom 4 pro for example. Or any cam for that matter. And yes I know.... the mini2 does use nr a bit etc etc... thats not the point. I know what to expect image wise to a certain extend... but this is so pronounced in the images I really think it could be a faulty sensor. If I was provided with this material I would call the camera operator for sure, just to check everything is okay.
But reading more and more I see some other users also report this. If I look at a shot (yes on a callibrated broadcast monitor) there is one thing that stands out: noise. I'll post some shots for you later this weekend.
I'm not expacting Arri Alexa like preformace or FF (noise wise), nowhere did I state I did so please don't assume that. I do expact it to keep up with something like a Phantom 4 in log.

I have the same on my Air 2, particular on lawns there is a lot of noise.
2023-7-28
Use props
Arctic North
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1274738 ft
Norway

So there is no solution to this? Or should the footage be underexposed for avoid noise? Its always noticeable in the shadows darker areas, tried different shutter settings with over exposure and under exposure and normal without any big differences
2023-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules