Image transmission cuts out at 8ft
565 1 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoms101
New
Flight distance : 620 ft

United States

I recently bought a Mavic Air from eBay. After unpacking it, I made sure all the firmware was updated and sensors operational. No surface damage was visible. When I booted it up and took of for the first time, the image transmission cut out at around 8 feet of altitude. I could still pilot the drone, but the image remained frozen on my phone screen. I was using a Google Pixel XL with the drone remote. This problem occured while using DJI Go 4 and a third-party application, both around my house and in a nearby park.

I don't know what could be causing this, except that there is a cellphone tower maybe a mile from the park and my house. Anybody have any suggestions?

EDIT: I figured out that turning on airplane mode for my phone helped dramatically. Image transmission is still spotty, but seems explainable by remote positioning and nearby interference.

2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're glad that you already manage to lessen the issue when you activate the airplane mode on your mobile device. In addition, kindly please try to fly the said unit to a different location for us to further isolate the problem. Some magnetic interference in the area might cause the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules