1106 15 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks anyone using this software for specifically FCC mode? I've just bought it today, more for better reception than distance, just wanted to know if you've have good experience with it?

Also a quick question, it says I have to enable it every reboot, reboot of what, Phone, ac or controller? Just want to know if I have to do it for each battery or if I restart the ac for whatever reason? Thanks...
2021-7-30
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Taiwan

dh has already made permanet fcc possible. check their website

range is much extended
2021-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, yeah, i wasnt sure which to go for windows or android, windows made me think of the other (NLD) software of which I have, that one messes with the DJI Go app and its an old version I believe so I thought that perhaps this one also worked the same way and modified the Fly app, if so, how often does it update it?
2021-7-30
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Bashy Posted at 7-30 17:58
Thanks, yeah, i wasnt sure which to go for windows or android, windows made me think of the other (NLD) software of which I have, that one messes with the DJI Go app and its an old version I believe so I thought that perhaps this one also worked the same way and modified the Fly app, if so, how often does it update it?

The android version is pretty complex to use while the permanent version is much easier.

I usually swap the batteries for 2 or 3 times which means 4 reboots for my drone in a flight session. For each reboot I have to manually eliminate DJI Fly and switch to DH Companion and re-enable the FCC hack. It's really a pain in the ass.

And DHC costs just the same as the permanent hack. And it's also locked onto one drone serial number.

So why not just go for the permanent hack since you haven't bought any yet.
2021-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-30 18:39
The android version is pretty complex to use while the permanent version is much easier.

I usually swap the batteries for 2 or 3 times which means 4 reboots for my drone in a flight session. For each reboot I have to manually eliminate DJI Fly and switch to DH Companion and re-enable the FCC hack. It's really a pain in the ass.

Actually... i had already gone for the apk version, my post was a hindsight jobby lol
I chose that because i didnt know how permanent they were talking and if there was warranty interference and wanted to see how the FCC mode actually faired and that my login deets may actually work for both apps, I don't think the latter is the case now....
2021-7-30
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Bashy Posted at 7-30 21:05
Actually... i had already gone for the apk version, my post was a hindsight jobby lol
I chose that because i didnt know how permanent they were talking and if there was warranty interference and wanted to see how the FCC mode actually faired and that my login deets may actually work for both apps, I don't think the latter is the case now....

The permanent hack wouldn't void your warranty and is reversible. The worst thing about the android version is that it's not going to allow you to unlock FCC if your phone has no signal. Which is a pretty dumb thing in rural areas.

Anyway, congratulations on the FCC board. Fly more, fly far far away!
2021-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-30 21:11
The permanent hack wouldn't void your warranty and is reversible. The worst thing about the android version is that it's not going to allow you to unlock FCC if your phone has no signal. Which is a pretty dumb thing in rural areas.

Anyway, congratulations on the FCC board. Fly more, fly far far away!

I will prob go permanent sooner rather than later then, thank you
2021-7-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 7-30 21:11

Anyway, congratulations on the FCC board. Fly more, fly far far away!

Ive spoken to their "support" and it turns out you can use both apps with the same license
2021-8-1
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Bashy Posted at 8-1 01:14
Ive spoken to their "support" and it turns out you can use both apps with the same license

Damn gotta check it out tonight!
2021-8-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It works great
2021-8-1
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Glad to hear that!
2021-8-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You still have to do a little faff about each battery or reboot, ie,

Press back button on bum of drone for 2 seconds and wait till beeping stops a few more seconds,
Then press again for another 2 seconds till red light at the front starts/stops another few more seconds.
To be honest, I didn't expect to have to do that each time after enabling the hack :/ so its a bit of 6 or 2 3's,
faff with the app or faff with the ac, both take about the same length of time
2021-8-1
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Bashy Posted at 8-1 17:36
You still have to do a little faff about each battery or reboot, ie,

Press back button on bum of drone for 2 seconds and wait till beeping stops a few more seconds,

Looks like they still have to improve their work on Mini 2 ;)
2021-8-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 8-1 18:53
Looks like they still have to improve their work on Mini 2 ;)

Yeah, weird why ya have to do all that, it was different for my P4P, it just worked lol
2021-8-2
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Do you have to talk about it so much? Can't you priv? It's a pity to murder it.
2021-8-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's frowned upon them I'm sure the Admin will remove the posts,
FYI, your reply, only bumps it up to the top again, with a question I might add so someone is going to reply and bump it again...
2021-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules