Mini IMU problems
1343 4 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
biclighter
lvl.1

Sweden

I recently ran into an issue with the IMU failing on my Mini after the latest firmware update. The drone isn't crashed.

Error codes is 30055, 30056, 30084, all related to IMU.
Tried numerous times to calibrate it, it never goes past the first screen showing the drone folded up and laying flat, top side up.
Moving the drone around reveals that one of the accelerometers probably does not work. It reads elevation changes but the second meter shows 0.0m/s constantly.

As it is out of warranty (of course) and i do have some experience with electronics i tried to replace the IMU unit (the board with the GPS module on) but the problem still persists.
On the flat cable that connects to the IMU module there is a small chip located in the front left side of the drone. I suspect this is an accelerometer and might try swapping that also. Can you confirm this chips function in the drone system as a possible source of the fault.

Is there others with similar problems after the firmware update? Did it perhaps cause this situation?

2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be a unit. To check the w applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your warranty period parts of your drone, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2021-7-30
Use props
biclighter
lvl.1

Sweden

Replacing the IMU and associated cables did not help. This piece of crap still can't calibrate.

What a waste of money and time.
Never buying any DJI product ever again and would not recommend others to either.
2021-8-27
Use props
umair air2s
lvl.1

Australia

Did you give up or got the issue fixed. Any advice for me as I am facing exact same issue. Thanks
2022-9-14
Use props
oceanstef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25535 ft
Montenegro

Me too. Not sure what to do.
2023-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules