Mavic Mini screen and connectivity issues
460 5 2021-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris9393
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276457 ft
United Kingdom

I've been having issues with my Mavic Mini recently with the screen glitching / bugging out and connectivity issues.

Even when flying the drone a few metres in front of me it loses signal and tells me to adjust the antennas so I have to manually fly the drone back. This is causing me problems because I only use the drone to fly up in front of me to take pictures and land again.

Below is a screenshot of an example of what happens when sometimes I power up the drone and connect to my phone.

Screenshot_20210731-092836_Gallery.jpg
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using to run the DJI Fly application? Also, can you please take a screenshot of the error message that you are referring to for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried reinstalling the DJI Fly App?  You could also use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh drone and remote control firmware.  Hope you get the issue resolved soon.
2021-7-31
Use props
aaflyguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10446 ft
United States

I am having similar issue. I do not get screen glitch on my iPhoneXR, but every time I attempt to fly I almost immediately get the Lost Connection error even though the mini is literally 1 foot from me and the controller. Adjusting antennas does nothing to solve the issue. I then attempted to update the firmware but when using DJI Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro using Catalina OS, after downloading the 0500 firmware, it fails at Transmitting and remains at 0% then I get the update error.

I've had it with this pos mini.
2021-8-2
Use props
Chris9393
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276457 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-31 02:16
Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using to run the DJI Fly application? Also, can you please take a screenshot of the error message that you are referring to for better assistance? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Hi, I am using running the DJI Fly App on my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I do not have screenshot of the error yet but as soon as I get it again I will post it here.

I have done factory resets on my phone and made sure both my drone and controller are up to date with the latest firmware. This issue happened again the last time I flew the drone. Taking off was fine however one I was in the air, maybe 10m above in front of me the drone disconnected mid air. I was able to control the drone with the controller however the screen reset to the main menu as if I needed to setup my mavic mini again.

After various reboots of the DJI Fly app on my phone and turning the controller on and off again I was able to reconnect but recieve the screen glitch again. Fortunately I was able to manually land it safely.
2021-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Chris9393 Posted at 8-5 04:26
Hi, I am using running the DJI Fly App on my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I do not have screenshot of the error yet but as soon as I get it again I will post it here.

I have done factory resets on my phone and made sure both my drone and controller are up to date with the latest firmware. This issue happened again the last time I flew the drone. Taking off was fine however one I was in the air, maybe 10m above in front of me the drone disconnected mid air. I was able to control the drone with the controller however the screen reset to the main menu as if I needed to setup my mavic mini again.

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? Please keep us posted with the screenshot of the error message. Thank you!
2021-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules