4964 9 2021-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everyone,
on July 28, 2021 a very dangerous event happened to me, while I was piloting my drone the screen of my smartphone went black and I had no chance to understand where my drone was, I had to turn off both the remote control and the application and luckily with the battery charged, I was able to land my drone.
This event occurred after the update of the radio control to version 4.12.0046.
Previously with version 4.12.0032 this never happened to me.
Below I report the version of the application, both before and after updating the remote control, and the smartphone I use:

DJI FLY 1.4.8
Samsung A52 5G
DJI AIR 2S Firmware: V02.04.2040

I hope DJI Support quickly finds a solution to this very serious inconvenience.
I am available to provide as much detail as possible.

Sorry everyone if my English is not perfect

2021-7-31
Use props
asylum23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391752 ft
United States

This exact same thing has been happening on every single flight since the last update to me also, Mini2.
I also have a Samsung.  It was working perfectly prior.  I have 6 Flight Hours in 30 Flights.

My phone is totally charged.  5 OEM Batteries, all totally charged.  I've tried 3 different "C" to "C" cables, thought and hoped it was that, it was not.

Changed any and all settings with Drone.  Searched online.  Cleared caches.  New memory card.

Today I re-installed DJI Fly.  And it got WORSE.

After this last update, when I flew, their app would crash, black screen.  If I forced shut it down, or unplugged and replugged phone or controller in, it would reconnect.  This is while I'm 300' in the air!  Not comfortable with this.  It would still be recording, bringing it back up it was still in the middle of doing whatever it had been doing.  I started bringing it back at 40% battery and not flying anywhere but near my house, NOT why I bought this.

Today it went to black screen, again.  It's been doing it TWICE per every battery.  Reinstalled their app., next flight, within 5 minutes, black screen.  Except this time, it did not reconnect when I force closed their app.  Plugging and unplugging did nothing.

And worse yet different, the screen STAYED BLACK.  I had NO Control of the Drone.  Luckily RtH worked, but you could't see a thing.  Brought Drone down, blind, left recording, there is nothing to see.  The screen stayed black.  Took the battery out, ended up here.

Looking at this issue, I see it going back 3 YEARS with other DJI Drones.  Not just the Mini2 or this update.  I have NOT found a solution for this online, in-person, and troubleshooting fixes nothing.  Like I said, prior to this newest update and at least 25 Flights, I never had a single problem with this Drone.  Now it's unuseable.

They can keep adding to the "Doesn't Work With" list of phones, but I'd never have bought this model of this Drone if it didn't work with the phone I already have.
2021-7-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys need to understand something very simple. If you use an unapproved phone, it does not matter if it works at first. It may not work later BECAUSE DJI does not verify that the updates will work with the unapproved phones. I use 3 unapproved tablets and know that they may become unusable someday; that was the risk I took. Stop blaming DJI for not doing what it repeatedly says it does not do.
2021-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a different mobile device that was listed on our website to see if the issue persists? It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our compatible device and this might cause the issue. Please refer to the image below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2021-7-31
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Good morning everyone,
I'm sorry Paladin but I noticed that for the DJI FLY app v.1.4.8 the list of compatible smartphones has changed considerably, is it possible that between one version and another there are so many compatibility problems with the smartphones removed from the list?
Isn't it by chance that the latest APP was released too quickly and DJI is working to improve the bugs that many people encounter with this application?
Please better compatibility.
2021-8-5
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

After some time I downgraded both the drone and the remote control and now everything is back as before, finally it works.
2021-8-19
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Black screen/app crashing is a common bug, but never turn off the remote. You can do what you want to the phone though (restart the app will usually solve the problem).

The controller is independent of the screen, you can fly the drone just with the controller if you want. As soon as you have problems with the phone/app just hit RTH so the drone starts coming back while you fix the problem.

That's why waiting till all satellites are gathered and homepoint has been set correctly is the best thing you can do before taking off.
2021-8-19
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Usually DJI updates the APP all the time. Now that there is issues no update..
2021-8-19
Use props
Giu_Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

I also noticed that he is not currently updating the application, I think this time is taking him to test the next update well, by doing the downgrade I solved my problem.
2021-8-22
Use props
The Nigerian
lvl.1
Nigeria

I'm having similar issues, however I do not have an option to downgrade the smart controller firmware using the dji assistant 2.

Please, is there any way I can downgrade the firmware update for the smart controller???

2022-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules