1390 8 2021-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

Hi

I'm using DJI Fly 1.4.8 for Android and the newest firmware for my Mini 2.
I've noted the issue with fly modes as below:

I'm flying only in CineSmooth mode.
When I will turn on my Mini 2 and start flying then it seems that the gimbal settings (going up and down, smoothness and yaw configuration) are working as for Normal mode. In the controller and in the cellphone there is information that CineSmooth mode is present. Then I need to switch to Normal mode in the controller and back to CineSmooth mode. Then finally the all gimball settings are working exactly as in my gimbal configuration as I've done for CineSmooth.

I've speak to other Mini 2 owner who is using DJI Fly for iOS (instead of Android as me) and he also noted this issue. He need to switch to Normal and then back to CineSmooth mode to use the gimball settings as are present in the gimball advanced settings.

Please note that I'm not sure if in the earlier DJI Fly application and in the earlier firmware this issue was present because I did not configure CineSmooth mode until now so I could not be aware that something is not working correctly.

Could you please confirm that you've noted the same issue? Is there any way to fix it quickly or we have to wait for new version of DJI software?

DJI, could you please confirm that you've noted this issue and will work on the solution?

2021-8-1
Use props
smbishop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understanding is that the Mini 2 will only take off and land in Normal mode, no matter what setting you have chosen.  So yes, if you take off in C mode, you will need to switch to Normal and back to C mode.
2021-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep,  smbishop is spot on with the issue.   
2021-8-1
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

+1 to what smbishop stated. A lot of people have experienced the same issue, including myself, wondering why the Cine mode wasn't behaving as it should. There is a video on YouTube (Ian in London) where he talks about it.
2021-8-1
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Well discussed here and on other forums. Some people see it as a big issue/problem, but once you know about it you don't forget and I suppose it is just one more switch action that you have to take.
2021-8-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The aircraft will normally take off in Normal mode as smbishop says on post #2 and you can switch it on the C mode once it is already hovering above the ground. We will also forward this to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-1
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

Thank you for all your responses

DJI Paladin, it would be great if the drone could take off in Normal mode and after that automatically switch to the mode as in controller I'll keep my fingers crossed for the software update
2021-8-2
Use props
rollyca
lvl.1

Mexico

i have the same issue
2021-10-11
Use props
rollyca
lvl.1

Mexico

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-1 19:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The aircraft will normally take off in Normal mode as smbishop says on post #2 and you can switch it on the C mode once it is already hovering above the ground. We will also forward this to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your support!

Please fix this issue, i have the same problem
2021-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules