5651 49 2021-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

Hi guys,
i didn't read anything about the brand new Dji Mini SE. I think some experience reports could help much people to decide if this drone is the perfect for themself. Now it's your time. Let's tell all your experience, pictures, problems and anything else. Mayby some of you have questions, feel free to ask, i am sure there is someone with the answer.

Cheers
2021-8-1
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Seems like everything the mini 1 should of been :/

2021-8-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM Pilot. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference on the DJI Mini SE kindly please refer to this link to see the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mini SE. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/sg/mini-se?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-8-1
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-1 17:35
Hello there MM Pilot. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference on the DJI Mini SE kindly please refer to this link to see the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI Mini SE. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/sg/mini-se?site=brandsite&from=nav

Hi Stephen, thank you very much for the link. This thread should be a help for anyone, which isn't sure about to buy. Mayby some owners of the dji mini se will writing their experience reports here.
2021-8-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think ocusync is worth spending a little extra to get the Mini2.
2021-8-1
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 8-1 23:29

yeah i also think so.
2021-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM Pilot Posted at 8-2 02:00
yeah i also think so.

2021-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-1 23:29

100% agree DA.  Mini 2 has so much more to offer than the original Mini and the Mini SE.  I just wish they would make Mini 2 compatible with all the functions of DJI Assistant 2 and also release the SDK.

2021-8-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-2 04:28
100% agree DA.  Mini 2 has so much more to offer than the original Mini and the Mini SE.  I just wish they would make Mini 2 compatible with all the functions of DJI Assistant 2 and also release the SDK.

Over on the SDK GitHub page they have committed to supporting it with the SDK version 5.  But no timing yet for that.

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS/issues/478
2021-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-2 23:21
Over on the SDK GitHub page they have committed to supporting it with the SDK version 5.  But no timing yet for that.

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-iOS/issues/478

Great to see they finally plan to support Mini 2 with SDK.  
2021-8-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-3 02:48
Great to see they finally plan to support Mini 2 with SDK.

Dont get too excited,   there's no word on a date yet.
2021-8-3
Use props
Cliff_Allister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704741 ft
Germany

Does anyone know if the Litchi app is working with the SE? If not the combination Mini 1 & Litchi does still give the most bang for the bucks! Waypoints and tracking, pano and follow me! Even better than the Mini 2 despite only 2.7K. But in reality you can hardly see the difference between 2.7K and 4K with the naked eye on an average TV screen.
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MM Pilot Posted at 8-1 23:08
Hi Stephen, thank you very much for the link. This thread should be a help for anyone, which isn't sure about to buy. Mayby some owners of the dji mini se will writing their experience reports here.

Hi there MM Pilot. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-3 07:53
Dont get too excited,   there's no word on a date yet.

I get it.  I'm sure SDK V5 will be a major rewrite so I have no expectations as to when it will be released.  
2021-8-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 04:44
I get it.  I'm sure SDK V5 will be a major rewrite so I have no expectations as to when it will be released.

Maybe next year at the rate they release it.
2021-8-4
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-1 11:51
Seems like everything the mini 1 should of been :/
https://youtu.be/PuhRgUJxJ0k

Thanks for sharing
2021-8-4
Use props
New
Flight distance : 68497 ft

Canada

I just purchased one 3 days ago.  I felt it was a very good value.  My only previous drone was a Parrot AR, so if you are old enough, you'll recognize the mini SE is quite an upgrade!  The two big differences (occusync and 4K) were not important enough to me to warrant the extra money, and so far I have been happy with the choice.
2021-8-10
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

4187 Posted at 8-10 12:29
I just purchased one 3 days ago.  I felt it was a very good value.  My only previous drone was a Parrot AR, so if you are old enough, you'll recognize the mini SE is quite an upgrade!  The two big differences (occusync and 4K) were not important enough to me to warrant the extra money, and so far I have been happy with the choice.

sounds very good. Thanks a lot for sharing you experience report to us!
2021-8-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How come it's not on the official DJI website?
2021-8-11
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Lucas775 Posted at 8-11 18:20
How come it's not on the official DJI website?

im don't know why, but i also can not see it.
2021-8-13
Use props
djiuser_TI1tC0nTVBiB
New

United States

I have the SE and love it!  It's my first DJI drone.  It handles great, the controls are tight and responsive, the stabilization is excellent - it can hold a spot better than any other drone I've owned.  Very impressed.  Takes great photos and vieos.  It has a few minor drawbacks, perhaps the biggest (but not it's fault) is its light weight; a gusty day will challenge it.  Overall I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Thought hard about the Mini 2, but the price bump wasn't worth it for me.  For others it may be, but for my needs and circumstances the SE is perfect and an awesome value!  I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.  

Honestly, while I would love to have a Mini 2, I wouldn't spend the money on it (and not because it's not good - it is).  If I were to spend that much, I'd just bump up to an Air 2.  If I'm spending more on the Mini 2 then I can probably stretch my budget and go for something WAY better like an Air 2.  Difference between SE and Mini 2 is minor.  Diff between Mini 2 and Air 2 is HUGE.

2021-8-23
Use props
puzzigully
lvl.1

Australia

The SE was my first Drone and I'm so happy with it's performance.

Like others, I didn't see the benefit of the ocusync, so the SE was my choice.

The DJI Fly App is pretty cool, but I really would like to get waypoints and follow me ability.

I tried the Litchi, but it's not compatible with the SE
I paid for the Litchi App, only to find it doesn't work with the SE

Having the ability to have waypoints and follow me would increase the SE's desirability (for me) another 100%
Without it, I feel a little let down.

My preference would be for it to be in DJI Fly App, but if that isn't on their radar, release the info so 3rd parties, like Litchi can do it
2021-8-23
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

puzzigully Posted at 8-23 20:17
The SE was my first Drone and I'm so happy with it's performance.

Like others, I didn't see the benefit of the ocusync, so the SE was my choice.

Thanks a lot for you experience report!
I am sorry for heraring that you have paid for litchi but it doesn't works.
But i think dji won't adding these both functions.
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_dUSTZ0ZMK9b6
lvl.1

Canada

Cliff_Allister Posted at 8-3 13:10
Does anyone know if the Litchi app is working with the SE? If not the combination Mini 1 & Litchi does still give the most bang for the bucks! Waypoints and tracking, pano and follow me! Even better than the Mini 2 despite only 2.7K. But in reality you can hardly see the difference between 2.7K and 4K with the naked eye on an average TV screen.

Nope.  I downloaded the latest Litchi version and have tried to connect to my Mini SE but with no luck.  It works fine with my Mini 1 though.
2021-9-27
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

The SE and the Mini 2 are two in the same, once the mini 2 get's SDK support the SE will follow.

As a Litchi mini 1 owner, it can do some stuff but it's a poor band aid attempt at best. Not to mention I hardly fly with it since it voids my warranty on use, god forbid it flew away or something happened that would be it for most, not all have drone insurance to cover accidents all because they wanted something that wasn't 1st party supported. I'll wait for a drone that supports it natively then to keep risking the biscuit on Litchi.
2021-9-27
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-27 06:51
The SE and the Mini 2 are two in the same, once the mini 2 get's SDK support the SE will follow.

As a Litchi mini 1 owner, it can do some stuff but it's a poor band aid attempt at best. Not to mention I hardly fly with it since it voids my warranty on use, god forbid it flew away or something happened that would be it for most, not all have drone insurance to cover accidents all because they wanted something that wasn't 1st party supported. I'll wait for a drone that supports it natively then to keep risking the biscuit on Litchi.

Thanks a lot for your experience report!
2021-10-9
Use props
rahtware
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15033 ft
United States

For me the choice was simple, the SE can do what I needed for half the cost of a mini2... come on, would anyone buy the 2 without the FMC... Anyway, my needs were to increase my skills, both in flying and filming, and to document our travels. Most of the time my SE will be under 200' and maybe 1/8 mile away so no need for ocusync, and it's extra expense.  
2021-10-11
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

rahtware Posted at 10-11 04:41
For me the choice was simple, the SE can do what I needed for half the cost of a mini2... come on, would anyone buy the 2 without the FMC... Anyway, my needs were to increase my skills, both in flying and filming, and to document our travels. Most of the time my SE will be under 200' and maybe 1/8 mile away so no need for ocusync, and it's extra expense.

Thanks a lot for your experience report!
2021-10-14
Use props
aairon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72831 ft

United States

SDK 4.16 which covers the drones being discussed has been released to the developers. Litchi just needs to go to work now.
2021-12-30
Use props
djiuser_5pqS3Z3eDfZn
lvl.1
Italy

Excellent drone, only after not even 2 times that it was used I got an error Imu ....
2022-2-27
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

IMU error happens every now and then.  Unless there's a *problem*, just calibrate the IMU AWAY from anything metal.

My experience has been very positive with the SE.  First "real" drone after years of RC helicopters.  It survived an altercation with a light pole, even though half the blades didn't.
2022-2-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed.  It is a fun little drone.  The range is not so great, but more than ample for use within VLOS.   One interesting note, is that when the SE is first starting up and connecting between drone and controller, I noticed that if there is a MIni2 flying in the area that the Mini2 loses contact for a second.  
2022-2-27
Use props
djiuser_5pqS3Z3eDfZn
lvl.1
Italy

in fact I contacted the dji assistance (very fast) and asked me to calibrate the imu and compass. Done now and everything seems to be fine. Greetings to all from Sicily (Etna).
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_5pqS3Z3eDfZn
lvl.1
Italy

After Imu calibration, the problem reoccurred here are the errors:
1) Imu not calibrated code 30055
2) Navigation system error Code 30105.
The nice thing is that the seller does not want to recognize the replacement of the product because it is not available ... absurd, I would like to replace it with a working product. The drone is not even a month old and for sure the problem had it from birth .... We hope that the Dji support will give me the right answer ...

2022-3-6
Use props
djiuser_5pqS3Z3eDfZn
lvl.1
Italy

2022-3-6
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

aairon Posted at 2021-12-30 19:16
SDK 4.16 which covers the drones being discussed has been released to the developers. Litchi just needs to go to work now.

Is litchi working now?
2022-3-11
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_5pqS3Z3eDfZn Posted at 2-27 08:45
Excellent drone, only after not even 2 times that it was used I got an error Imu ....

that sounds bad!
2022-3-11
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

shizack Posted at 2-27 14:47
IMU error happens every now and then.  Unless there's a *problem*, just calibrate the IMU AWAY from anything metal.

My experience has been very positive with the SE.  First "real" drone after years of RC helicopters.  It survived an altercation with a light pole, even though half the blades didn't.

perfekt! It's very well, that there are no problems after the collision. Have some fun in the future!
2022-3-11
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 2-27 17:17
Agreed.  It is a fun little drone.  The range is not so great, but more than ample for use within VLOS.   One interesting note, is that when the SE is first starting up and connecting between drone and controller, I noticed that if there is a MIni2 flying in the area that the Mini2 loses contact for a second.

Nice to hear, that you are happy with your drone!

But the problem with with loosing the signal between controller and drone of the mini 2 is very interesting too! Thanks for sharing your experience!
2022-3-11
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_5pqS3Z3eDfZn Posted at 3-6 05:35
After Imu calibration, the problem reoccurred here are the errors:
1) Imu not calibrated code 30055
2) Navigation system error Code 30105.

Yeah let's hope it!

Did you also tried to downgrade and after that to upgrade the software (so refresh it) with the dji assistant tool? Maby it could help you by this problem.
2022-3-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules