Firmware update: Reverse Gimbal Wheel Direction
3452 15 2021-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Flight distance : 1638366 ft
Germany

Should DJI let you reverse the direction of the gimbal wheel?

If yes, please integrate it in the next firmware.

Single SelectVote, Total 23 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

82.61% (19)
17.39% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-8-2
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

I second this request.

This has been asked ad nauseum for the Phantoms but only ever been "cascaded to the engineers".
Lets see what the DJI bots will tell us. A friendly link to the operating instructions of the controller?
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gregor Queck. Good day and thank you for creating this post with regards to this matter. These information will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-8-3
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 19:47
Hello there Gregor Queck. Good day and thank you for creating this post with regards to this matter. These information will be forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.

So - did something happen?
2021-8-15
Use props
djiuser_mE0PQhnkODAa
New

United States

Yeah looks like DJI has seen this request - is there a confirmation that this will be picked up in a future release? This has been my biggest annoyance flying the mini 2. Was super excited but it's just such a confusing control.
2021-9-2
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 19:47

Are there any news regarding the new firmware?
2021-11-10
Use props
djiuser_KPi2hv5uW4fI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4764 ft
Canada

Still not there in 2021 Nov updated FW. Please, that shouldn't be a difficult change.
2021-12-7
Use props
erhatd
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_KPi2hv5uW4fI Posted at 12-7 20:17
Still not there in 2021 Nov updated FW. Please, that shouldn't be a difficult change.

Yes rediculous they don't all the gimbal and.up down reversal. The up down u can do on the iphone and then save it and it stays for android until next update.
2021-12-23
Use props
AurelienWeb
New
Flight distance : 38983 ft
France

+1 pour ajouter une option pour inverser la roue. Je continue aussi à le faire dans le mauvais sens, et cela ne me semble pas naturel.
2022-7-6
Use props
Ramnas_Sura
lvl.1

Sweden

Please, please, make this happen. The way its now is counterintuitive.
2022-8-1
Use props
Gregor Queck
First Officer
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-16 20:28
This is a bogus pol.  Where was "No!  Leave it as is!" in the choices?

The question is to leave it as it is but to have the option to reverse it.
Do you hate having options?
2022-9-17
Use props
Myndex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218002 ft
United States

Please put ths in software!!! Seriously! From perusing these forums, this seems to be the #1 feature request!
2022-10-22
Use props
Myndex
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-16 20:28
This is a bogus pol.  Where was "No!  Leave it as is!" in the choices?

Because that is literally the same as as the poll's answer of "No I don't care".

Poll question 1 is "please ADD an option to select reverse direction"

Poll question 2 is "no I don't care, it can be the same"
2022-10-22
Use props
Myndex
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-8-3 19:47

Is it really? Because users have been asking for this VERY SIMPLE feature for YEARS and there seems to be NO ACTION.

What is the direct email for beta feedback or software QA so that I can ask directly myself please?
2022-10-22
Use props
VidD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88238 ft
Slovenia

So.....still no option to reverse wheel direction. Can someone from DJI team gives update if anything is being done on that issue?
4-8 21:56
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

VidD Posted at 4-8 21:56
So.....still no option to reverse wheel direction. Can someone from DJI team gives update if anything is being done on that issue?

Hi, VidD. Thank you for reaching out. Through the Advanced Gimbal/Gain and Expo Settings, the dial can be used to control the speed and smoothness of the gimbal tilt. However, you cannot modify the control direction but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-9 05:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules