Will Gimbal Roll to Horizontal and Provide Stabilization?
1601 3 2021-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkruz3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

Will the gimbal rotate the camera 16:9 image orientation if I roll the camera from straight up or 0 degrees and will the camera maintain orientation as I move the camera to a 90 degree or horizontal position  (arm straight out).    While it is held straight out or horizontal will the camera still provide stabilization?

The attached graphic i hope will help explain my question.  

I've done a lot of searching but can't find an answer to this.

Thank you

gimbal.gif
2021-8-2
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

There are 3 modes, Tilt Lock, Follow and FPV, the latter will allow the gimbal to rotate from landscape to portrait. Follow will keep the gimbal in landscape and tilt locl will hold horizon.
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rkruz3. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted above the DJI Osmo Pocket has Three ( 3 )  modes ( Tilt Lock, Follow and FPV ). In Follow Mode the pan and tilt axes follow. In Tilt Locked Mode only the pan axis follows. In FPV mode the pan, tilt and roll axes follow. Thank you.
2021-8-2
Use props
rkruz3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204049 ft
United States

I was getting confusing and conflicting info regarding the maximum gimbal Roll of the Pocket so I purchased one.   Some were right, the maximum Roll is only 45 degrees no matter the mode the camera is in (some suggested different modes would make a difference).  Here is a link to video of the maximum roll Pocket Roll Limit.
Whats interesting is that there is no mechanical stop until 90 degrees Roll, yet the camera stops and flips from landscape to portrait orientation at 45 degrees.
So ive proven that I cannot use the camera as it will only stabilized up to a 45 degree roll......far far short of what I need for my application.

2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules