507 0 2021-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mini2isTheONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 894911 ft
Czechia

Hi all,
I have an Isuse with DJI Fly app and IPhone 6 I would like to raise here.
If I only use the app including video editing there is no problem but if I connect the remote and aircraft, the iPhone starts warming up . In about 5 minutes is quite hot and  I get the mobile cpu overload message, video gets choppy etc. I got a new battery in the phone and it handled it better. Still  the phone heated up and the battery  level dropped dramatically. This is regardless if the drone is on the ground or in the air.
So ... I made myself a  heat sink and stuck it on the back of the phone, where the processor is.
Great improvement, less heat at hand touch and no Battery level drop other than expected, no memory overload Messages....
What is going om here? No problems with DJI Go or Litchi. Why is Fly  so resources hungry?
I tried before turning off all the non essential processes and apps and battery charging from remote but with no noticeable improvements. Can the video feed, telemetry feedback and logs writing stress these phones at their limits ONLY with DJI Fly?
What other processes this app runs in background compared with the old DJI app or Litchi?
Thanks in advance for any comments on this
Cheers
Julian
2021-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules