DJI Spark connection to tablet issue
1465 5 2021-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGaynor
lvl.1
United States

Hi all - could really use some help.  My dji Spark connects automatically to my android phone via otg cable.  It used to connect to my Samsung tablet, but after 4 months of non-use, I can not get the controller to connect to my tablet.  Any suggestions?

Spark

Spark
2021-8-2
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

#1: Did you try connecting your cable the other way around? OTG cables are one-directional, and if this is a micro-B to micro-B, then you may have connected it incorrectly.
#2: Try connecting to a different device, or use the RC's wifi connection. If it connects via wifi, but doesn't connect via cable, the cable may be dead. If it connects via the same cable to another device, then maybe something is wrong with your tablet's port.
#3: Open up the app, power on the controller and drone. Then when the controller light changes from red to green, signifying that there is a connecting between the drone and RC, connect the tablet to the RC and wait a few seconds to see if you get the drone's video feed and telemetry.
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RGaynor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Kinldy please try to reset your DJI Spark's Wi-Fi SSID and Password as well to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

2021-8-2
Use props
RGaynor
lvl.1
United States

0Stephan Posted at 8-2 18:54
#1: Did you try connecting your cable the other way around? OTG cables are one-directional, and if this is a micro-B to micro-B, then you may have connected it incorrectly.
#2: Try connecting to a different device, or use the RC's wifi connection. If it connects via wifi, but doesn't connect via cable, the cable may be dead. If it connects via the same cable to another device, then maybe something is wrong with your tablet's port.
#3: Open up the app, power on the controller and drone. Then when the controller light changes from red to green, signifying that there is a connecting between the drone and RC, connect the tablet to the RC and wait a few seconds to see if you get the drone's video feed and telemetry.

Brillant Stephan!! I reversed the connection and it worked fine. I had no idea about this cable was one-directional.  So I had a 50/50% chance of hooking it up right the first time and I got it WRONG.  Won't be buying a lottery ticket any time soon!  Thank you so much for your help.  Have a great day.
2021-8-3
Use props
RGaynor
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 19:10
Hello there RGaynor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Kinldy please try to reset your DJI Spark's Wi-Fi SSID and Password as well to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek

Hi Stephen - thank you for reaching out  Per the recommendation of DJI Stephan, I reversed the direction of the otg cable and it worked.  I had no idea that this cable was one-directional.  thanks again for your help.
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RGaynor Posted at 8-3 04:45
Hi Stephen - thank you for reaching out  Per the recommendation of DJI Stephan, I reversed the direction of the otg cable and it worked.  I had no idea that this cable was one-directional.  thanks again for your help.

Hi there RGaynor. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that everything is now working. If you have any other concerns or issues with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules