Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI osmo action Chimes after switching off
985 9 2021-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lousy
lvl.1
India

Hello All,

I just got my first action camera yesterday, the DJI osmo action. I ordered it via amazon in India. As i am working to know the camera better, i noticed that, after i switch it off it makes a chimes sound(just once) and the red light beside the grill on the front blinks(just once). this occurs exactly 5 mins after i switch it off. It is brand new, 2021 June Manufactured running the latest firmware. I am using a Samsung EVO Plus 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card MB-MC128HA). Till now i have not recorded anything, not even peeled off the screen plastics if i needed to return. Any fixes of suggestions?

Thanks for commenting.
Debayan

2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Debayan. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-8-2
Use props
lousy
lvl.1
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 21:24
Hello there Debayan. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for responding. Please follow the link to the short video below.

I turned on the camera and switched it off and paused the video then. At the last 5 seconds you can view the chime.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MGoClCi1u4NjjgkFI4eabGET_bXECsdZ/view?usp=sharing

Video Link

Also, could you help me check with the serial number on the camera for the waranty period and also, when it is manufactured please?

thanks,
Debayan
2021-8-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Lousy / Debayan. the Mode on and off  explained in my video will help you better understand your Mistake, if it is not a mistake and the camera is with an issue then you will need to take further steps.

Mode on  has to features  for it
quick press = standby
Long press = shut off

Side button has also:
quick press switch screen and or modes
long press change to playback, during recording switch screen

and record does not do a quick or short press, just one, okay or record.
2021-8-3
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks as though you are trying to long press the power button, but not holding it long enough so its going into sleep mode and then after 5 minutes, it is turning itself off because there is a timer to shut down after so many minutes of activity and this is probably set for 5 minutes. When I want to shut down my OA, I hold the power button until I hear the chimes and then it shuts down. As for the serial number, you can find that in the settings menu in the about section. Swipe down from the top and tap the gear icon and scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the about section. Not sure if you'll find the mfgr date though.
2021-8-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI staff can tell you by the upc code, and as well seriel, if you get wit the actual support. If its fw 1.01 to me it is a 2 year oldcamera, later firmware newer model.
2021-8-3
Use props
lousy
lvl.1
India

Fishycomics Posted at 8-3 04:52
Lousy / Debayan. the Mode on and off  explained in my video will help you better understand your Mistake, if it is not a mistake and the camera is with an issue then you will need to take further steps.

https://youtu.be/p6Y6OknEq3o

thanks a lot fishycomics, your video is very helpful. Guess i need to work and learn more about the camera functionalities from the manual. really appreciate your help here. Have a good day ahead.
2021-8-3
Use props
lousy
lvl.1
India

JodyB Posted at 8-3 06:09
It looks as though you are trying to long press the power button, but not holding it long enough so its going into sleep mode and then after 5 minutes, it is turning itself off because there is a timer to shut down after so many minutes of activity and this is probably set for 5 minutes. When I want to shut down my OA, I hold the power button until I hear the chimes and then it shuts down. As for the serial number, you can find that in the settings menu in the about section. Swipe down from the top and tap the gear icon and scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the about section. Not sure if you'll find the mfgr date though.

Thanks a lot JodyB. You're correct, i was short pressing it making it go to sleep and then eventually turn off after 5 mins.
2021-8-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

no sweat  there are a lot of neat things to learn in the camera.    enjoy her
2021-8-4
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

lousy Posted at 8-3 19:43
Thanks a lot JodyB. You're correct, i was short pressing it making it go to sleep and then eventually turn off after 5 mins.

No worries lousy. Glad you got it figured out. Hope you enjoy your OA and create a lot of great memories and content!!
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules