Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photos/Videos missing on SD Card
10095 19 2015-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneless in AL
New

United States

Went out for a couple of flights this morning and used up the remaining space on my SD card.

I returned home to pull the files off but the card isn't showing anything from today. I inserted the card back into the P3A and the files aren't playing back there. However, when I look at my flight records, it shows some of the photos and videos I took during flight.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?
Is there anyway to recover those files before I clear off this SD card?
2015-7-25
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

Try pulling the SD card, remove some off the files that are viewable (freeing up some recordable space).  Put the SD card back into your Phantom and record a 30 second clip.  Shut off reording and your P3, pull the SD and see if it puts a proper finish on the recording you are struggling with.
2015-7-25
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

You can try the above post.  If it doesn't help, you can review the link below from a similar Inspire issue.  It pertains to the inspire, so you would want to verify the tool in not destructive to P3 video.  I have no idea if so, but would be a tool to consider if you have exhausted your search for a fix, and you are otherwise going to delete/format:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-11426-1-1.html
2015-7-25
Use props
Droneless in AL
New

United States

PhantomAtAK Posted at 2015-7-26 01:05
You can try the above post.  If it doesn't help, you can review the link below from a similar Inspir ...

Thanks, but no luck. It's just odd that they images show on my flight record but I can't access them on the SD card.

Oh well, I'll reshoot that flight another time.
2015-7-25
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

i am sure that you only have problems with your sd card reader or system preferneces .. try out another card reader or computer... the files should be on the card...
2015-7-25
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-26 10:26
i am sure that you only have problems with your sd card reader or system preferneces .. try out anot ...

What do you see in his original post that leads you to believe there is a problem with the reader or system preferences?  I understand all prior videos/pics, still on the card from earlier flights, are still view able.  Why would his card reader or system preferences be problematic for specific recordings?

The only PC user preference that might be a factor that comes to mind is "hidden files" etc, since an incomplete video may lack a proper extension, and be "hidden".

2015-7-26
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

There is a known problem on correct refrehing and showing up new flight photos in some cases and then it only shows the older photo and video files. If photos are recorded and showing up iflight log they have to be on the sd card.
2015-7-26
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-26 18:43
There is a known problem on correct refrehing and showing up new flight photos in some cases and the ...

Cached videos and photos are stored on the tablet, not the sd card.
2015-7-26
Use props
mphelan
lvl.3
Ireland

I recemtly recorded some video om p3p and without realisibg it i shut down the phantom without stopping recording. Silly mistake as then the sd card would not show any files on the card although i had 4 video cops recorded. I used sd recovery software which restored three of the four clips. Coukd this explain your issue? If so recovery software shoukf get you sorted. Hope this helps
2015-7-26
Use props
mphelan
lvl.3
Ireland

I recemtly recorded some video om p3p and without realisibg it i shut down the phantom without stopping recording. Silly mistake as then the sd card would not show any files on the card although i had 4 video clips recorded. I used sd recovery software which restored three of the four clips. Could this explain your issue? If so recovery software should get you sorted. Hope this helps. Apologies for the errors earlier this darn tablet has a mind of its own.
2015-7-26
Use props
mphelan
lvl.3
Ireland

If you feel you may have shut down the phantom while recordin DO NOT FORMAT THE SD CARD or recovery software will not be able to restore your files.
2015-7-26
Use props
tworivers
lvl.1

Canada

mphelan@pvpdigi Posted at 2015-7-26 15:43
If you feel you may have shut down the phantom while recordin DO NOT FORMAT THE SD CARD or recovery  ...

I just had a similar problem today.  I did three flights and should have had five video files.  On the last flight, my battery was getting low and I was bringing it back and for some it just cut me out and landed right where it was, which was in snow.  I forgot to stop the video as I wanted to get it out of the snow as soon as possible - so the video was never stopped before the power on the drone and remote were turned off - I just forgot.  Went to download when I got home and the only video I could find was the two from when it crashed.  No video from the previous two flights.  That seems very odd that the video from when it was not turned off was there but not from when it was shutdown correctly.  Does anyone have any idea what's happened?  Everything is on my iPad where I can view them in the app.
2016-2-3
Use props
tworivers
lvl.1

Canada

mphelan@pvpdigi Posted at 2015-7-26 15:37
I recemtly recorded some video om p3p and without realisibg it i shut down the phantom without stopp ...

Do you recommend any particular software?
2016-2-3
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

tworivers Posted at 2016-2-4 11:37
I just had a similar problem today.  I did three flights and should have had five video files.  On ...

Corrupted the card by unexpected power loss. If the power is cut in the middle of a write operation, all sorts of weird stuff can happen to the card.

Use recovery software to get your data back, then reformat it.
2016-2-3
Use props
user8ef6bebe5e
New

Portugal

Hi, i had the same problem today. Went back to studio after two days recording, i've recorded more than 15 clips, and only had my last clip in the card, numbering like it was the first one (dji_0001)
But the clips appear in the cache files on the dji app.
This files are very important!
Have you solved your problem? How?
2016-8-24
Use props
lefteris
New

Greece

I had the same problem, any solution ?
2016-9-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

lefteris Posted at 2016-9-18 16:01
I had the same problem, any solution ?

This problem is usually caused by shutting off the power to the aircraft before you have stopped recording. Try putting thre card back in the aircraft and power cycling the aircraft, it may fix the files. And it may not.
2016-9-17
Use props
fans22489f76
lvl.1

India

It looks like you have been capturing photos and videos even when your card was not having enough space.

Nevertheless, I have found the several solutions mentioned over the web for solving the SD card showing nothing, but it is full. I am just providing one solution:

If you are looking to restore data from SD card that is showing empty, then follow the below steps:

•        Connect Card with PC.
•        On your PC, click Start and select Run, type CMD and hit ENTER.
•        A new command prompt window will get open.
•        If your SD card drive name is F: Drive, then type following command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.* and hit ENTER.

Once, the process gets complete, then you can check the card for files.

The above solution is brought you by: Memory Card Errors & Their Solutions
2017-5-13
Use props
Kennypinn54
New
Flight distance : 36112 ft
Philippines

I have a p3s and I recently added a 16g ad card, and ever since then I can only record 30-33 second clips? How can I fix this?
2017-8-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kennypinn54 Posted at 2017-8-11 12:04
I have a p3s and I recently added a 16g ad card, and ever since then I can only record 30-33 second clips? How can I fix this?

Most likely the new card is not fast enough to do the job. Save yourself some grief and buy a Sandisk Extreme series card. Budget cards do not cut it.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules