1382 3 2021-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4894157 ft
Spain

Hi!

I joined an RC club to improve my flying skills. It is good because it is not very far and I do not have to drive a lot, to go away from the no fly area which is very big in Barcelona. The bad thing is that there can be more people flying and there is always a risk of collision, not counting on birds.

Apart from the risk of collision, which can be avoided if I fly a bit early. Up to now, I was pretty confident that the rist of interference between aircrafts was non existent; with modern transmitters. However today, I had my drone at 40 meters and the goggles signal went almost down the moment someome started his MA Pro very close to me, and then again when the MA Pro went up in the air.

It is very hard to find another cause for the signal loss because the incicident happened at once; with the transmitter starting musical notes and the sound of the throttle of the MA Pro going up. I told about it to the MA Pro pilot and he flew his drone next to mine on the ground. Nothing happened then but I will definitively avoid flying when he is too flying.

I did a bit of research on the net and in another thread on this forum I red:

...its  recommended to not fly more than 3 in close proximity. The reason to  avoid flying 3 or more aircraft close to each other is that they will  automatically choose a different channel for each aircraft. This may  cause a loss of signal moment and risk. Please fly with caution to avoid  any issue...

Although this reply was not refering to goggles interference it seemsthat stuff can happen with several DJI drones in the air.

I downloaded the flight log, to see If I could get some insight about the signal drop. But, I just can watch the flight path live and not much additional data regarding the interference cause. I was flying low in manual mode and to loose the goggles signal in such circumstances can be fatal.

Any input will be appreciated,

Happy flights!

Oriol

2021-8-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I assume that you have selected "Auto Channel" in the goggles menu ...?
2021-8-4
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4894157 ft
Spain

Hi Frankymusik,

I just checked, the goggles are set for auto channel.
Perhaps this would not happen again, but I will try to be cautious.

In any case thanks for your advice!

Oriol
2021-8-4
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

BTW today the inventor of the "flyboard" blames drone interference for his accident.
It happens and it's good to know!

https://youtube.com/shorts/LvWqFjMDEFQ?feature=share
2022-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules