Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV shaky drone
4702 15 2021-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ULOj7ZoSHtHF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6135892 ft
Thailand

Bought a second hand DJI FPV drone set and this is what I got.
The drone doesn't present any sign of damage or repair, it came with 8 propellers in brand new condition, battery count 20 charges.
This is the footage I get in M mode, EIS on. Already tried to update firmware and IMU/compass/gimbal recalibration.
Should I send it to DJI for a replacement under warranty?

2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when flying the said DJI Drone? Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further analysis. We would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-8-3
Use props
djiuser_ULOj7ZoSHtHF
lvl.2
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 20:27
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when flying the said DJI Drone? Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further analysis. We would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

No errors, occasionally "high wind velocity" when higher, but I've flown before with another unit in much stronger wind and didn't have this kind of shakiness.
2021-8-3
Use props
djiuser_ULOj7ZoSHtHF
lvl.2
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-3 20:27

I contacted the technical support as suggested. As of now I've been able to get only one response that stated "Upon checking the provided video, it's the normal status in the M mode". Which obviously is not.
Anyway, for completeness, this is another clip in sport mode https://youtu.be/eFzpzJatXr8
2021-8-5
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks normal to me. The FPV drone is heavy and bulky and not very aerodynamic. So it's just really shaky in high winds, or rough air like on a hot, humid day. After the firmware update the PIDs were tightened up a little bit, and it's a little better. But even with the improved tune, it still wobbles and wiggles, especially at high airspeeds.

There isn't really anything you can do about it. Flying slower will reduce the shaking quite a bit and only flying on calm days and smooth air. Then it does pretty good. But in high winds, or the middle of a super hot day, just bring your traditional Betaflight drone and leave the FPV drone at home. Otherwise you won't have any fun. You'll pull your hair out trying to get good footage in a stiff wind....
2021-8-6
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

Hummm, strange, you can hear the motors sorta flutter ??? Maybe just a loose connection somewhere. It does seem a bit more than normal, to me.
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_ULOj7ZoSHtHF
lvl.2
Thailand

luciens Posted at 8-6 08:03
Looks normal to me. The FPV drone is heavy and bulky and not very aerodynamic. So it's just really shaky in high winds, or rough air like on a hot, humid day. After the firmware update the PIDs were tightened up a little bit, and it's a little better. But even with the improved tune, it still wobbles and wiggles, especially at high airspeeds.

There isn't really anything you can do about it. Flying slower will reduce the shaking quite a bit and only flying on calm days and smooth air. Then it does pretty good. But in high winds, or the middle of a super hot day, just bring your traditional Betaflight drone and leave the FPV drone at home. Otherwise you won't have any fun. You'll pull your hair out trying to get good footage in a stiff wind....

This is not normal, there's no doubt about that, I have 150 flights on DJI FPV in every wind condition.
Footage produced by this is trash and video feed in the goggles is even worse, it's awful to fly.
What worries me is the DJI support not admitting (or unable to see) the problem.
According to footage from original owner and drone conditions, this came faulty out of the box and an instant replacement is what I'd expect from a respectable company.
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_ULOj7ZoSHtHF
lvl.2
Thailand

cootertwo Posted at 8-6 08:34
Hummm, strange, you can hear the motors sorta flutter ??? Maybe just a loose connection somewhere. It does seem a bit more than normal, to me.

What connection would you suggest to check? I'd probably have to buy a new one and swap the parts one by one to figure out what's wrong with this. Luckily it's covered by warranty so not going to touch it.
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_NCExszVqM1rO
lvl.2
United States

I'm having similar issues with one of my fpv drones the other one seems to be fine but this one seems to be jittery in the goggles view. The video footage seems okay. I'm wondering if it's if it's the gimbal? Although the gimbal seems to be operating fine and it calibrated fine.
2022-3-24
Use props
fans214aa450
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same problem here. I have the drone for 7days now; the battery came in not working and now the camera shakes exactly like this. Only flew it for 10 times…

Already a solution?
2022-5-12
Use props
Korrd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13270226 ft
Uruguay

Is that unstabilized or goggles video?

If so, then this is quite normal when flying on strong winds, going at high speed, near full throttle, or against your drone's own thrust when braking or banking wildly. Also, if your filter settings or center settings are too low and you have shaky hands, that'll translate to its flight stability too as the controller sticks are hall-effect based and hence real sensitive. It order to avoid this, you can set your fliters a bit higher as well as your dead zone, and also enable Rocksteady. The resulting drone-recorded video will look a lot better then.
2022-5-12
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14855705 ft
United States

You are right it is shaking. It's clear. I can't think of why. I have vids going fast in wind and I'm steady. So I don't know why they don't see it.
and this was fast

This was flying slower

2022-5-12
Use props
Zcsmatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238061 ft
United States

Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem.  After flying with the drone bouncing around in all phases of flight in wind of 12 mph (as if there was turbulence), I sent up my Mini 2 and it was ROCK STEADY and buttery smooth.  So I recalibrated the IMU and Compass and gimbal and checked propellers, etc. and did the same experiment.  It was the same.  I even tried the motion controller as well. Flying close to the ground where the air was calm didn't make a difference.  I was afraid to take it high because of the jerky motion.  I thought it might be the goggles, but when I viewed the video, the drone was indeed wobbly, mostly roll movements, both straight and while turning. If this is how it has to be, I will be very upset.  the video was awful compared to the mini 2.  Tomorrow morning is supposed to be calm, cool air... so I'm going re-calibrate everything and try it again.  I don't have much confidence, but I will report back my findings.  -MATT (I would like to add that I have been a visual observer for a friend who has the FPV in similar air, and I was so impressed when he parked it in the sky and the drone was rock steady... that I bought one.)
2023-3-14
Use props
Zcsmatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238061 ft
United States

Zcsmatt Posted at 3-14 13:02
Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem.  After flying with the drone bouncing around in all phases of flight in wind of 12 mph (as if there was turbulence), I sent up my Mini 2 and it was ROCK STEADY and buttery smooth.  So I recalibrated the IMU and Compass and gimbal and checked propellers, etc. and did the same experiment.  It was the same.  I even tried the motion controller as well. Flying close to the ground where the air was calm didn't make a difference.  I was afraid to take it high because of the jerky motion.  I thought it might be the goggles, but when I viewed the video, the drone was indeed wobbly, mostly roll movements, both straight and while turning. If this is how it has to be, I will be very upset.  the video was awful compared to the mini 2.  Tomorrow morning is supposed to be calm, cool air... so I'm going re-calibrate everything and try it again.  I don't have much confidence, but I will report back my findings.  -MATT (I would like to add that I have been a visual observer for a friend who has the FPV in similar air, and I was so impressed when he parked it in the sky and the drone was rock steady... that I bought one.)

UPDATE:  The video in the goggles in today's test was bumpy as ever, but.... after uploading and viewing it in 4K, everything is smooth as can be!  So strange how differently the video looks compared with the bouncing around in the headset.  Thanks DJI.  I'm a happier customer and can't wait to really fly out west
2023-3-20
Use props
djiuser_u92v2QMY0SqC
lvl.1

Norway

Anyone find or have a cause/solution for this?

My quad performs similarly? In Sport Mode there’s a lot of “bounce back” when stopping. Like extreme overcorrection.
3-1 08:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_u92v2QMY0SqC Posted at 3-1 08:11
Anyone find or have a cause/solution for this?

My quad performs similarly? In Sport Mode there’s a lot of “bounce back” when stopping. Like extreme overcorrection.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. You can try enabling the EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) by going to "Settings" -> "Camera" -> "Advanced Camera Settings" -> "EIS on" on the Goggles V2 screen. If the screen still shakes, it is usually because you're flying the drone in a windy environment, and the drone has to adjust its attitude at a large angle to resist the wind. The EIS function can only reduce the screen shake to a certain extent, and cannot completely stabilize the screen like a drone with a three-axis gimbal can do. Have a great day ahead.
3-1 21:01
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules