Connecting to the RC with a USB-A (Mavic Mini)?
364 2 2021-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronehacker
lvl.1
United States

We have a Mavic mini and the plan is for that to be attached to a Raspberry Pi running Android with a custom Android app using the Mobile SDK. None of the RC cables (USB/A, lightning, USB/C) have corresponding ports on the Pi. Our plan is to purchase a reverse USB-C to A converter (female USB-C, male A) to make the connection. Is that expected to work?
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dronehacker. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried these process can give out the best information. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend for you to modify or use 3rd party accessories ( cables ) on your DJI drone. There is a  possibility that these process will work however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said process when in use. Thank you.
2021-8-4
Use props
dronehacker
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-4 20:33
Hello there dronehacker. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried these process can give out the best information. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend for you to modify or use 3rd party accessories ( cables ) on your DJI drone. There is a  possibility that these process will work however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said process when in use. Thank you.

I understand that this is outside of the supported workflows. Are you able to comment on whether your android engineers think this may work? I don't need a guarantee just an opinion.
2021-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules