The most economical and effective flight speed
3871 25 2021-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

What is the most economical and effective flight speed? DJI informs that at 17kmh, the flight will take up to 31 minutes. The flight distance is approximately 8.78 km. If you are flying 36km / h you will be flying much shorter, but your flight distance can go up to 14km in the loop. At 57kmh it will drop to about 10km. Let us return to the question. At what speed will I make the longest flight?
2021-8-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youve already answered it, "DJI informs that at 17kmh, the flight will take up to 31 minutes" its the longest in flight time
Its down to what you want, more time or more distance, again you've already answered again
''flying 36km / h you will be flying much shorter, but your flight distance can go up to 14km in the loop.''
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Note that the speed of 57kmh does not increase the distance. There is a golden mean somewhere. I am asking for the speed at which the drone will reach the longest flight distance. A lot of pilot experience or laboratory tests are needed here. Do you own one of them?
2021-8-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-4 07:57
Note that the speed of 57kmh does not increase the distance. There is a golden mean somewhere. I am asking for the speed at which the drone will reach the longest flight distance. A lot of pilot experience or laboratory tests are needed here. Do you own one of them?

Give this a watch. It might help.

2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Thanks. Interesting film, but it only confirms my observations. I need more than that. I need an experienced pilot who empirically stated that, for example, a speed of 11.5 m / s gives the greatest range. I also hope one of the Super Moderators has laboratory knowledge from DJI. This could be the most useful piece of information instead of thanks and wishes for safe flights. The speed rth of 10.5 m / s is also intriguing. Perhaps it is the most economical and especially the most effective speed?
2021-8-4
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

there are so many factors involved that no one (not even dji) will be able to provide a suitable answer.  your best bet is to get out there with your own drone and your own equipment and find out for yourself.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

In normal use outside, it is difficult to find stable conditions and repeatable tests. However, I think that DJI did the test or knows the laboratory data. The information about the maximum flight time sells better than the maximum flight range.
2021-8-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-4 08:59
there are so many factors involved that no one (not even dji) will be able to provide a suitable answer.  your best bet is to get out there with your own drone and your own equipment and find out for yourself.

ABSOLUTELY!!!  The video I shared is about as good as it gets for empirical evidence. EVERY flight, altitude, wind speed, and weather condition will have different results.  Not to mention whether or not you are recording and at what settings.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

But I'm not denying it. I am only asking what speed, not what program gives the best energy consumption to distance ratio. If you don't know it, you don't need to keep saying the same. Tell me better why is rth 10.5m / s?
2021-8-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-4 10:14
But I'm not denying it. I am only asking what speed, not what program gives the best energy consumption to distance ratio. If you don't know it, you don't need to keep saying the same. Tell me better why is rth 10.5m / s?

Your question has NO ANSWER!!! It changes every time you fly!!
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Perhaps I should add that I train in completely windless conditions, horizontally and at a constant speed. There really are some who also fly to achieve the maximum possible distance. It gives a lot of emotions and a lot of fun.
2021-8-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-4 11:08
Perhaps I should add that I train in completely windless conditions, horizontally and at a constant speed. There really are some who also fly to achieve the maximum possible distance. It gives a lot of emotions and a lot of fun.

The truth is, there is no such thing as windless conditions. Once you get above head height there is always some wind, as slight as it may seem. ANY bit of air movement effects everything the drone does.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Of course, I can agree with that. However, I would like to know the opinions of other users.
2021-8-4
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Maximum time in the air--> Cine
Maximum distance--> Normal
Maximu speed --> Sport

So depending on what you need you chose one mode or the other.

If you want to arrive fast use sport, if you want to "wait" in the air use cine, for the rest use normal. I also land on cine mode.

PS: The best general cruise speed is normal mode at full stick, because is the most constant. If you use half stick you have to fight the spring tension of the controller, so it won't be as constant that full stick.
2021-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are flying 36km / h you will be flying much shorter, but your flight distance can go up to 14km in the loop. At 57kmh it will drop to about 10km.
Where did you find this information?
It's not in DJI's specs for the Mini 2.

I also hope one of the Super Moderators has laboratory knowledge from DJI.

You are too optimistic.
You'll never get accurate technical information from them.
There's ni indication they even fly drones.

If you are looking for the max distance per battery, you achieve that at full speed in Normal Mode
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-4 15:01
Maximum time in the air--> Cine
Maximum distance--> Normal
Maximu speed --> Sport

This is a general knowledge that was known for me from the beginning. I am approaching flying to 2000km, so I have any experience. I suspect that the most optimal laboratory speed for mini 2 is 10.5 m / s and that's why RTH has such. The stick lock on the selected position can be realized.
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Labroides Posted at 8-4 15:20
If you are flying 36km / h you will be flying much shorter, but your flight distance can go up to 14km in the loop. At 57kmh it will drop to about 10km.
Where did you find this information?
It's not in DJI's specs for the Mini 2.

These are my own results. Thanks to the analysis of the current chart and optimization of behavior, I came to such a level. The battery is selected because they have large differences between themselves.
Let's give moderators a chance. They're actually nice guys.
2021-8-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-4 20:27
This is a general knowledge that was known for me from the beginning. I am approaching flying to 2000km, so I have any experience. I suspect that the most optimal laboratory speed for mini 2 is 10.5 m / s and that's why RTH has such. The stick lock on the selected position can be realized.

You've flown that far and don't know the most economical flight?

''Let's give moderators a chance. They're actually nice guys.''

All the mods/admin can tell you is what is in the manual...

2021-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-4 20:35
These are my own results. Thanks to the analysis of the current chart and optimization of behavior, I came to such a level. The battery is selected because they have large differences between themselves.
Let's give moderators a chance. They're actually nice guys.

Let's give moderators a chance.
You haven't been here very long have you?
Here is a list of all the responses they ever give in here.
They don't give technical information and there's no indication that they fly drones at all.

• I am sorry for the trouble this has caused.Hello there xyz.
  • Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful aerial video you have filmed/found. Great work and keep flying.
  • Hello there xyz. Good day and thank you for these information that you have shared with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
  • Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support
  • Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI products.

There's a distinct possibility that they are just computerised auto-responses and not even live people.

2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

I wanted to say that soon the total mileage will reach 2000 km. Yes, I still have something to improve. It's amazing.
I know these answers well. I think they want to help, they just don't have experience like us. They certainly have a whole host of other useful experiences. Let's give them another chance. I've been on this forum since last year.
2021-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 8-4 22:49
I wanted to say that soon the total mileage will reach 2000 km. Yes, I still have something to improve. It's amazing.
I know these answers well. I think they want to help, they just don't have experience like us. They certainly have a whole host of other useful experiences. Let's give them another chance. I've been on this forum since last year.

I think they want to help,
If they did, it would be to say ...
Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI  members can provide the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for  your valued support

they just don't have experience like us. They certainly have a whole host of other useful experiences.
Like what?
And how do you know this?

Let's give them another chance. I've been on this forum since last year.

But not learned much.
2021-8-5
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

Labroides Posted at 8-4 22:15
Let's give moderators a chance.
You haven't been here very long have you?
Here is a list of all the responses they ever give in here.

"There's a distinct possibility that they are just computerised auto-responses and not even live people."

I agree! The "responses" are always the same and does not contribute to anything.
2021-8-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i don't think we know that much about the moderators.  what they say on the forum is likely quite different than what they actually know.
2021-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 8-5 08:14
i don't think we know that much about the moderators.  what they say on the forum is likely quite different than what they actually know.

https://www.aopa.org/go-fly/aircraft-and-ownership/ads-b
But they don't say anything that would indicate that they know anything about flying drones.

Note how often they'll reply:
Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI  members can provide the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for  your valued support.

What does that say to you?
2021-8-7
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Hong Kong

There's no such thing as "best speed for distance". why? because with wind's influence, the speed and efficiency change a lot!

The speedometer on your OSD is an absolute value, but the thing that matters is the relative value of speed between your drone and the wind, so how do you calculate a best speed for distance when there's no way to tell you the actual wind direction and speed in real time? Well, you simply can't.

The only thing that I know is that if you fly slowly in the air (which means a slow relative speed against wind), you get slightly longer flight time than simply hovering, due to many complex aerodynamic effects. Like if you can hover for 30 minutes then maybe you can fly slowly for 31 or 32 minutes. And that's about it.

Best speed for distance is generally the max speed of normal mode in windless conditions. If there're winds, you might still get the same speed but costing significantly more power to do so.
2021-8-7
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
lvl.4
Poland

Oh well. The only way to come to the truth is by experience. I have waited a long time for the right conditions to fly in complete stillness of air. It happened just before the rain. It seems my guess is correct that the speed rth is the most economical speed to the distance. After analyzing the data in HD player at airdata.com, you can see a slight increase of approx. 5% of the distance for each 10% decrease in battery capacity. It seems that DJI has set the rth speed at 10.5m / s for a reason. Both above and below this speed, the flight distance will decrease for every 10% of the battery capacity. I am deliberately ignoring the influence of weather conditions, which is beyond dispute.
2021-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules