First flight
582 2 2015-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmp470
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220036 ft
United States

I received my Inspire 1 last night. Today, I had to get a SD card reader and do the firmware updates. All went well, so I did an IMU update and compass update.  My first flight went very well, probably no higher than 20 feet and no further than 100.  The flight only lasted about 9 minutes as the battery was used for all the updates.  A couple things I noticed:
1. I use an iPhone 6+, which was pretty good, but not very bright. I need to set that up better.
2. My photos are all slanted, I need to calibrate the gimbal to help with that.
3. It very solid feeling, but, I used GPS. I'm use to flying my quads with no assistance so that is something I will have to learn.

2015-7-25
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Next time you fly make sure your battery is fully charged. Risky taking off with less.

1. Sun shade for the phone should help and full up brightness in the phone settings menu..

2. Do an IMU calibration on a level surface to try to correct the gimbal slant.  Takes a few minutes, but shoud be worth the effort.

Video or it didn't happen.
2015-7-25
Use props
jmp470
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220036 ft
United States

3 flights into it now!  It is as fun as my old Airwolf RC Helicopter, with a lot less fiddling!  I will try my iPad Air tomorrow to see if I like it better, but I realize I need to learn about lighting!  
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules